Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Tickets to See Disney Pipes and Pops at the El Capitan Theater January 15, 2011

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Tickets to See Disney Pipes and Pops at the El Capitan Theater January 15, 2011

Update: Contest Now Closed

Congratulations our four winners

Arilvdc,
    maximmom, CastMember02 and XCLIPSE129

We are giving away 4 pair of tickets to see a VERY special performance at the El Capitan Theater this Saturday - January 15, 2011 at 10am.

The program titled, Disney Pipes And Pops!, is a music and film show built around the Mighty Wurlitzer pipe-organ.

Acclaimed organist, Rob Richards, be playing along with talented pianist from Nashville named Alex Zsolt.

The performance will screen the two original silent Mickey Mouse cartoons PLANE CRAZY and GALLOPING GAUCHO, which will be accompanied the old-fashioned way on the Wurlitzer.

Plus, there will be a fabulous retrospective of Disney music from the 1920s to the "contemporary Disney classics"

And to help get the excitement started, we are giving away two sets of tickets on January 12th and 2 more sets on January 13th. All you need to do to enter is answer the question we have posted below. But pay attention, because we'll change the question on Wednesday the 12th. You may enter once for each question asked (A total of two chances to win).
    Question To Answer by 10pm (Pacific Time) on Thursday (January 13, 2011):

Steamboat Willie was the third Mickey Mouse cartoon to be produced, behind Plane Crazy (released six months earlier) and The Gallopin' Gaucho (produced earlier, but released later).

While Steamboat Willie was not the first Mickey Mouse cartoon, it was a first in a very special way. How so?

Answer:
    It was the first cartoon with a fully synchronized soundtrack.

And here's the question and answer for the first question:
    Question To Answer by 10pm (Pacific Time) on Wednesday (January 12, 2011):
    Disney composer Oliver Wallace was a famous theatre organist and pioneered the use of the pipe organ to accompany silent films. Can you name the classic Disney animated film for which he was composer and won an Oscar?

The answer (as I think ALL of you got) was "Dumbo"

Winners were selected at random from all correct answers. Winners were notified via private message on MiceChat. If you were a winner, please make sure that you must respond to Dustysage before noon on Friday the 14th in order to claim your tickets to this El Capitan theater performance. (tickets are only good for this one performance only and can not be returned or exchanged).

Whether you won or not, we hope you won't miss this unique opportunity to visit the historic El Capitan Theater and see the Mighty Wurlitzer in action.
    Disney Pipes and Pops!
    El Capitan Theater this Saturday - January 15, 2011 at 10am.
    Tickets are available at the boxoffice and online at El Capitan | Disney
    also by phone 1-800-Disney6

Enter your answer below for a chance to win one of 4 sets of tickets to this performance (you may enter once for each question). The contest will close at 10 PM on Thursday the 13th.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-13-2011, 10:37 PM. Reason: added photo
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Win Tickets to See Disney Pipes and Pops at the El Capitan Theater January 15, 20

Dumbo

Comment

Re: Win Tickets to See Disney Pipes and Pops at the El Capitan Theater January 15, 20

It was Dumbo

Comment

Dumbo
        sigpic

Comment

Dumbo in 1942 for Best Music and Scoring of a Musical Picture

Comment

It's Dumbo....

Comment

Dumbo!!
              http://www.myspace.com/misscarolinec

Comment

Dumbo!

But I am a bit confused because Dumbo only won one Oscar, so why does the question say 2?
                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Disney composer Oliver Wallace was a famous theatre organist and pioneered the use of the pipe organ to accompany silent films. Can you name the classic Disney animated film for which he was composer and won two Oscars?
                  minor technicality... Dumbo only won 1 Academy Award. It was awarded to 2 individuals (Oliver and Frank) but it was in the same category (Original Music Score). So my "answer" would be Dumbo considering that was Oliver's only Oscar (4 nominations but only 1 "gold") but the followup would be "none" because he only won 1 Oscar!
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

He won an Oscar for Dumbo, but I agree with the two previous comments. He only won one Oscar; the other went to Frank Churchill.

Comment

You all are correct. The question should say "Won AN Oscar".
                      Still doesn't change the answer.

Carry on . . . .

There are over a hundred people reading this thread but only a handful of entries. Get in there and list your answer folks. You can't win if you don't enter!
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

The answer would be "Dumbo". The very film that when I was 2 years old, I stood on a rocking chair to try to reach for the VHS and I ended up falling and splitting my chin open! However, it's still one of my Disney favorites haha.

Comment

1942 - Oscar for Dumbo - together with Frank Churchill
                          tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
                          what's reality compared to me
                          I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
                          I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
                          for the fact that I'm a man
                          I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
                          Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Comment

Dumbo!!!! =-d

Comment

Yeah, like everyone else here, it's DUMBO
                              . What a great opportunity these tickets are. Thanks.
                              Sonny

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X