This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

IT'S TIME FOR THE MICECHAT GUMBALL RALLY 2014! REFER TO THIS THREAD FOR ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR QUERIES

Who can ride the most attractions at Disneyland in a single day? Could it be you? Let's find out.

There is only one event in the world of Disney fandom which holds the status of the legendary . . . MiceChat Gumball Rally. It is a full day adventure through Disneyland to see how many attractions you can ride in a single day. Sound easy? It isn’t. However, we are told over and over again that this was the most fun our attendees have ever had in the parks.

• Compete in teams of 2, 3, or 4 people.
    • You don’t have to be a trivia buff, ride warrior, or theme park nerd to play. The game is designed to put everyone on a level playing field.
    • You can play at the speed that you like. Take it easy or tear through the park. It’s up to you.
    • For one low price you get breakfast, the game, the awards party complete with entertainment. (admission into the parks is not included)
    • Lavish prizes will be awarded for 1st – 10th place, Best Team Logo, Best Team Name, and Spirit of MiceChat Award., including a grand prize two night stay at the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort. There are plenty of chances to win.
    • Plus, while you are waiting for the results, we'll present you with a fun game show where we give away prizes worth thousands of dollars.
    • A 12 hour race through Disneyland to see who can ride the most attractions in a single day . . . There is simply no better way to challenge yourself, what you think you know about Disneyland, and have a fantastic time with your family and friends (whether you win or not).
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q - Do I have to be a member of MiceChat to play? A - Not at all. MiceChat produces the event, but ANYONE can participate (under-age 14 must play with a parent or guardian).
    • Q - I don't have a team and would like to play on one, what do I do? A - Don't suffer in silence! Post on MiceChat that you are looking to join a team. OR contact your friends and drag them kicking and screaming to the Rally!
    • Q - What is the "Half Rally"? A - The Half Rally is a 6 hour version of the Gumball Rally. It is identical to the Full Rally but conducted over a shorter period of time. This is a wonderful event for folks who want a fun and competitive experience which doesn't last all day and is great for all ages. The date of our next Half Rally has not yet been announced.
    • Q - How will the Rally be affected by rides that are closed or which close during the day. A - That is part of the fun of this event.?Everyone will be in the same boat (so to speak). Which attractions you choose to ride at any given time of the day, may impact how you finish. Park hours, ride hours, parades and fireworks, sudden ride closures, queue waits, weather, and many other factors will challenge you and your team!
    • Q - If you don't complete every attraction in the Rally, can you still finish. A - Absolutely! Points will be awarded for each attraction completed. The team with the most points wins. It is highly likely that the winning team will simply have completed the most attractions (or collected the most points), and not actually completed all attractions (though completing all attractions may in fact be possible under perfect conditions).
    • Q - What if there is a tie? A- First we look for most points collected. In the event of a tie, the team which completed the most attractions to collect those points will win. If there is still a tie, the team which turned their packet in first will win. Points first, then number of attractions, followed by time.
    • Q - What if we finish late? A - That is part of the game. You must finish by?the time allotted or you will receive a penalty equal to the number of minutes you are late x 2. For example being late by 2 minutes will result in a 4 point penalty. Being late by 15 minutes will result in a 30 point penalty.
    • Q - Can I bring my kids along? A - Each person 8 years or older must be a?registered part of your team. Kids have turned out to be very good participants in the Rally and have sharp eyes for potential answers.
    • Q - How do you know if we completed an attraction? A - We have 3 very good ways of knowing. First, you are given a packet of questions (one or more questions per attraction). The questions are easy to answer if you've been on the attraction, but difficult to guess if you haven't. Second, we have a team of spotters who are watching the teams as they make their way through the parks. They are keeping track of what you ride and whether or not your team is following the rules of the game. Finally, we rely on you to be honest. There isn't any joy in winning a competition if you had to cheat to do so.
    • Q - What time do the events start and when and where can I pick up my packet? A - The Rally will start at approximately the same time Disneyland opens for the day. Once you register, you will be contacted by our staff with more details regarding where the check in and start locations will be held.
    • Q - Why are you asking for contact details? A - We will need to contact the leader of each team prior to the event to let them know where the registration table will be located. Further, we may have additional information that we need you to be aware of.
    • Q - What if it rains? A - The event will be held rain, shine, wind, or wonderful. As long as the parks remain open, we'll be playing. Due to tremendous expense in putting on this event, there are no refunds. The advantage to you if it rains is that the park is usually less crowded. Some folks actually hope for rain! However, if there is heavy rain in the evening, the award party may be canceled, with the results announced online and the prizes mailed to the winners.
    • Q - What if a member of my team is unable to ride an attraction? A - All members of your team must go to the attraction as a group. Once all riding members have entered the queue, the member not riding must go straight to the exit to wait for the rest of the team. The non-riding member may not use this time to do anything else (no eating, using the rest room, shopping, gathering fastpass) you may ONLY wait at the attraction. In other words, all members of the team must be AT the attraction even if some of the members are not riding it. In addition, if the riding members of the team use fastpass to enter the attraction, the non-riding members of your team must have a fast pass ticket as well. Spotters may ask the waiting members of your team for proof that they are holding a fastpass ticket (if other members of your team entered the attraction with a pass).
    • Q - What if I can't compete but have already purchased a ticket? A - Event tickets are non-refundable. However, you may be able to sell your ticket to someone else who would like to compete. Simply let us know who you sold the ticket to and give us their contact information. These events tend to sell out, so someone always seems to be looking for a ticket at the last minute. We are also keeping a waiting list, so please let us know if you are having trouble selling your tickets and we'll try to help you.
    • Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally? What about Child Swap and other passes? A - Aside from waiting in the general standby queue, only a valid Fastpass is allowed. teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a ticket. HOWEVER, child swap, single rider, AAA, Special Birthday Fastpasses, any form of special assistance, or priority passes may NOT be used this year.
    • Q - Can the team split up during the Rally? A - NO. This is a very important rule. Your whole team must stay together at all times. If one member of the team uses the rest room, all members of the team must wait at the exit. If one member is hungry, all must go to the restaurant together. You must not be more than 15 feet away from each other at any time (with the exception of restroom breaks and a member waiting at the exit of an attraction).
    • Q - Can I have someone bring us food or water to help save time? A - Under no circumstance may anyone help you during the day. Teams consist of 2 to 4 members. If anyone outside of your immediate team assists you in any way (Answers, wait time information, food, water, fastpasses, etc) you will be disqualified. Please DO NOT seek the help of those outside of your team.
    • Q - Can we use our cell phones, cell phone apps, iPads, lap tops, etc. to help us with the event? A - Under no circumstance may you seek assistance from any source other than your immediate teammates. Apps, websites, phone calls, or any other device or service which would give you an unfair advantage over another team is not permitted. As a result, phones are no longer allowed to be used during the Gumball Rally. If you are seen using a phone or other electronic device, we will disqualify your team. If you need to make a call, please find a MiceChat staff member and make your call in their presence so there is no question about the fairness of the competition. We will provide you a list of locations where you can easily find MiceChat staff. Please DO NOT seek the help and advice of those not on your team.
    • Q - How do I know if my registration has been accepted to the event A- If you registered through PayPal, you will receive an email confirmation from PayPal - and an email from the MiceChat Store. About two weeks before the event, all team captains will receive an email asking them to confirm their team name and information regarding each member of the team. We will also post the same information to this thread. If you had difficulty during registration and are unsure if your order went through, please contact Dustysage - dustysage@micechat.com
    • Q - I use a wheel chair and/or have a special assistance pass, can I compete? A - You can certainly participate, however, due to the fact that special assistance passes are an unfair competitive advantage to the other players, you must use the regular queue whenever possible. You may split up from your team to access an attraction from the special assistance entrance; HOWEVER, the rest of your team must use the regular line and you must all wait for each other at the exit before proceeding to the next attraction. You may sit out on attractions which you can not ride; However, at least one member of your team MUST be able to ride the attraction and wait in the regular queue. That ensures that your team always waits the same length of time as any other team in the competition.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

Yay! I've been waiting for this thread! :yea:
    Question - last year my sister and I competed with our kids on our team, but this year the kids want to compete against us on their own team. They will be 12 and 15....is it ok for them to have their own team if one of them is under 14?
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2015 - Bambo
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

Comment

Yes Katie.......these kids think they're gonna beat us "old ladies" and they better think again! It's so ON!

I'm so excited it's Gumball Rally season again!!!!
      Kim

Gumball Rally teams:
      2015 - Bambo (Best Team Name!!!)
      2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally (23rd place!!!)
      2013 - The Jawawockeez (30th place!!!)
      2012 - Why Is The Rum Gone?

Comment

All registered! We did the rally for the first time last year and it was 100% the best day we have ever spent at the resort. Cannot WAIT for this year!!

Comment

Yay, my favorite time of year!

I have a few questions about this year's Gumball Rally:

1) Is there an early registration discount? It was mentioned that there would be an early registration discount throughout the site and we would be notified if we signed up for the info list, but I haven't received an email. Did I miss the early registration?

2) Is the Gumball Rally just in Disneyland this year? The description says Disneyland, but I just want to be certain.

3) Are Single Rider passes not allowed this year? In the FAQ, it's mentioned Single Rider passes are not allowed. However, it was allowed last year due to the stricter Fastpass enforcement. Again, just want to be sure!

I feel like I had one more question but I think I forgot. Oh well! Anyways, love the Gumball Rally and I hope I'll be able to participate again this year!
          Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 02-09-2014, 02:39 PM.
          My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Rally is my favorite time of year too!!!

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post

1) Is there an early registration discount? It was mentioned that there would be an early registration discount throughout the site and we would be notified if we signed up for the info list, but I haven't received an email. Did I miss the early registration?
            There was a discount for people who attended the MiceChat Anniversary Events this past weekend. There is also a discount for MiceChat Gold Members.

2) Is the Gumball Rally just in Disneyland this year? The description says Disneyland, but I just want to be certain.
            This year is a Classic Gumball Rally. When in doubt as to if the Gumball Rally is in one park or two, check the artwork for clues.

3) Are Single Rider passes not allowed this year? In the FAQ, it's mentioned Single Rider passes are not allowed. However, it was allowed last year due to the stricter Fastpass enforcement. Again, just want to be sure!
            I have not heard the official rules about Single Rider and FastPass for this year's event. I am sure the details will be released in time for you to formulate your team's strategy.

I feel like I had one more question but I think I forgot. Oh well! Anyways, love the Gumball Rally and I hope I'll be able to participate again this year!
            I was so glad that you were able to make it last year, even with all the uncertainty with your scheduling conflict. When you think of your question, post it and we will find the answer for you!
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Just signed up! We will be back for our 3rd year and super excited for Gumball Rally, if anybody is thinking of doing this for the first time it really is one of the best days you can have in the park!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
                Rally is my favorite time of year too!!!

There was a discount for people who attended the MiceChat Anniversary Events this past weekend. There is also a discount for MiceChat Gold Members.

This year is a Classic Gumball Rally. When in doubt as to if the Gumball Rally is in one park or two, check the artwork for clues.

I have not heard the official rules about Single Rider and FastPass for this year's event. I am sure the details will be released in time for you to formulate your team's strategy.

I was so glad that you were able to make it last year, even with all the uncertainty with your scheduling conflict. When you think of your question, post it and we will find the answer for you!
                Aww thank you so much, mamabot! You're always so helpful and so awesome This truly is the one event I am always excited for every year. You and the MiceChat crew do such amazing work. I can't fathom the amount of planning, work, and stress you guys go through every year to pull this event off. Thank you all so much! I cannot wait to get rolling again!
                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

We're in!! Just signed up, and now the countdown to Rally Day begins!:thumbup:
                  ~ Katie ~
                  My Gumball Rally teams:
                  2015 - Bambo
                  2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
                  2013 - The Jawawockeez
                  2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

Comment

Kylee and Caleb are all signed up now too!! I can't wait for Rally Day!!! :yea:
                    Kim

Gumball Rally teams:
                    2015 - Bambo (Best Team Name!!!)
                    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally (23rd place!!!)
                    2013 - The Jawawockeez (30th place!!!)
                    2012 - Why Is The Rum Gone?

Comment

here is a copy of the post rules

Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally? What about Child Swap and other passes? A - Aside from waiting in the general standby queue, only a valid Fastpass is allowed. teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a ticket. HOWEVER, child swap, single rider, AAA, Special Birthday Fastpasses, any form of special assistance, or priority passes may NOT be used this year

Look to the answer is No on single rider.
                      Last edited by akfandisney; 02-12-2014, 02:53 PM.
                      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
                      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                      Older photo
                      New Photo

Member of
                      MiceChat WDW Trip
                      Next trip
                      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

SO EXCITED THIS IS UP! We will be buying our tickets by the end of the week! Team IT'S OUR PRINCESSES! will be there

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                          here is a copy of the post rules

Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally? What about Child Swap and other passes? A - Aside from waiting in the general standby queue, only a valid Fastpass is allowed. teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a ticket. HOWEVER, child swap, single rider, AAA, Special Birthday Fastpasses, any form of special assistance, or priority passes may NOT be used this year

Look to answer is No.
                          Thanks for the effort. The thing is though, the rule said the same thing last year as well, but it was announced in the forum that they were allowing Single Rider passes due to the changes in the Fastpass system. It's why I'm still unclear if Single Rider is going to be allowed this year as well. Hopefully we will get the official confirmation soon.
                          My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Does anyone know what the theme is this year? Last year's "May the Fourth be with You" was very clever and our team (if I can get them to commit before all the entries are gone...) will need time to come up with something.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Python Nu Kappa Angels are officially registered!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X