This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Meets At The ESPN Zone

Just a general question...is anyone interested in MC meetups for football on Saturdays, NFL Sundays or Mondays at the ESPN Zone? As I recall, deposits are made in advance for Sunday or Monday? If anyone is interested, feel free to use this thread!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Football Meets At The ESPN Zone

wow..if i lived closer to you this would be so much fun!!
    maybe you can save me an honorary seat! :-)

Comment

barry...where exactally IS this? is it in LA?

Comment

They require deposits to watch football at the ESPN zone ??
        Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
        http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

It's located in DTD.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Yes...hopefully someone here knows more about this...but to ensure getting a table on the studio grill for games on NFL Sundays, you have to guarantee to spend a certain amount to keep that table -

And for Monday night games, you have to get reservations in the day before.

Not sure what their policy is for Saturdays...that's the whole purpose of this thread...for MC'ers to plan football get-togethers...

at the DLR.

--Barry
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

ESPN Zone has changed this year. Since Monday night football is no longer on ABC, there is no local Sports Zone TV show there on Monday nights. Sports Zone is now on Saturday night, after the primetime college football game (ESPN College Football on ABC). You now have to make reservations for Saturday evening for the Studio Grill and there is a cutoff time of about 4pm. For the rest of the restaurant you just have to meet their minimum food purchase. For Monday night football on ESPN and Sunday games it is just their usual food purchase requirement.

Comment

Anybody interested in meeting up a week from Monday to watch the Chargers and Raiders play at 7:15 PM (Second game of a special Monday Double Header)...
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Sorry, Darkbeer - can't make it that night - it's a little far for me, but certainly I'd like to do this, as the season progresses.

And this kind of thing, and the information received, is just what I had in mind when I created this thread.

Does it make sense to call Disney Dining for reservations on major football days? Beyond what you've already told us, Tim, that is...

I know that when I came in to watch the Angels recently, by myself, I sat at the bar (you can order food there...) And what is the Zone's standard food purchase rules if you plan to watch a whole game... or two? NFL games average 3 hours, college games almost 4.

We should plan a Saturday night meetup, with all of us wearing MiceChat gear, and make sure to get a place where channel 7 can't miss us.

--Barry

Comment

Man that sounds like a cool idea Barry. I just wish you meant the ESPNZone in Atlanta LOL I've never been there but if MiceChatters were in town I would make a special trip for that LOL (Fat chance of that happening unless for some odd reason a bunch of yo uwant to stop in Atlanta for some random reason) Wish I could join you guys.
                    Originally posted by aashee
                    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

DB I wish I could go and cheer on the Chargers......
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I normally watch the NFL games at the NHL bar, no minimum...

For the Screening room, they want $10 per hour for the prime seats (such as the recliners).

And yes, GO CHARGERS!!!!! Raiders SUCK!
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by BDBopper View Post
                          Man that sounds like a cool idea Barry. I just wish you meant the ESPNZone in Atlanta LOL I've never been there but if MiceChatters were in town I would make a special trip for that LOL (Fat chance of that happening unless for some odd reason a bunch of yo uwant to stop in Atlanta for some random reason) Wish I could join you guys.
                          Just curious...does the local ABC affiliate there do programs from the Zone like the ones the LA station (owned by Disney/ABC) does from Anaheim? And is there any remaining chance you might be out here before season's end?

For the Screening room, they want $10 per hour for the prime seats (such as the recliners).

And yes, GO CHARGERS!!!!! Raiders SUCK!
                          That price isn't so bad, really...I've always wondered how those recliners are given out...although I'd rather be in one of the booths further back) And as to that last comment...AMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                            Just curious...does the local ABC affiliate there do programs from the Zone like the ones the LA station (owned by Disney/ABC) does from Anaheim? And is there any remaining chance you might be out here before season's end?
                            Not the ABC affiliate. The NBC affilate does though. WXIA Channel 11 in Atlanta has the rights for the Atlanta Falcons Preseason games and does a tapes a show to air each Saturday evening from the local ESPN Zone.

And Barry I am seriously thinking about getting out before the season is over especially because Christmas will be at my Granndparents' up in Washinton. I am thinking in making it a two-stop trip. If so would you save me a recliner seat at the Zone? LOL ten bucks doesn't sound too bad...especially at the coolest place to catch a game in SoCal!
                            Originally posted by aashee
                            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Giving this thread a bump. Anyone up for a Saturday, Sunday or Monday night ESPN Zone meet?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X