This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest Micechatters Meet at EMP?

Some good news. I may be able to come. My mother and I need to work out some details, but it is looking more likely than it did earlier in the week. We have decided on Nov. 5th right?

Comment

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      Originally Posted by MWalton
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Alrighty then, we are going to storm EMP on opening day!! Start spreading the word I guess!
        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Ok, Now that I know the date I can start to work on getting to go. Hopefully I can pull it off. MY mother indicated that it is possible, we just have to work some things out. I will post once i have a definitive answer.

Comment

So who is coming? I'm not expecting a commitment, I am just curious who might be coming and how many might show.

Comment

I added it to my signature, so hopefully more people will become aware of it. I think as it gets closer, we'll get more interest.

Comment

awesome, thanks Tinkermonkey!

Comment

If you are thinking of going to the opening, come to the convention too! Opening party friday night followed by a concert with Jodi Benson!! Then Saturday and Sunday attend presentations by Disney legends who helped create the music we love. Sunday we are also having a Disneyana sale! All at the EMP in Seattle. More info here-

http://www.freewebtown.com/makeminemusic/

http://www.freewebtown.com/makeminem...istration1.pdf

http://mountainears.tripod.com/

Ken
                  Collector of Disney vinyl records.
                  Member of Washington State Chapter of Disneyana Fan Club www.mountainears.org

Comment

Tinkermonkey, I lifted the part of your signature about the meet and have added it to my signature. Hopefull we'll get more people involved. I know there have got to be more northwest micechatters.

Comment

Super Melon!

(Woah, that's a whole new superhero concept...)

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                        Super Melon!

(Woah, that's a whole new superhero concept...)
                        Yes. My archnemesis is Gallagher.

Comment

I'm definitely interested in a meet, but I won't know more until I get my work schedule for that week.
                          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

The Friday night party is limited to EMP members, thier guest and those who register through the NFFC club.

Registering via our club not only saves you money verses the EMP entry price, but also helps our club purchase toys for the Seattle Childrens Hospital Christmas Toy Drive.

Time is running out! Don't miss this once in a lifetime event, right here iin the Great Northwest!!

Ken
                            MountainEars Chapter of the NFFC

Comment

So, who is thinking of going to this? I'm up for being a primary contact for this, but don't like being in charge!! Did that make any sense?

I met Tassie while at Disneyland last week and had a great time! I hope it works out to do something with her while she is in the area.

If you are thinking of making it to this "meet" let me know so we can start setting a time and perhaps a dinner after plan?

Comment

I am very interested in coming along.

Comment

Here is the info for the opening day activities - Saturday, November 4th. If I recall correctly, the plan is to go on the 5th - which might be a good idea since all the opening stuff is out of the way!

Disney: The Music Behind the Magic Exhibition Opening Day
                                  Details
                                  Please join us for the public opening and ribbon cutting ceremony of Disney: The Music Behind the Magic.
                                  Special events include a ribbon cutting at 10:30 am, featuring Mickey Mouse, interactive games, family-friendly gallery activities and performances throughout the day.
                                  11:30 am to 1:00 pm: Greg Ehrbar, author of MouseTracks: The Story of Walt Disney Records moderates the panel discussion Walt Disney Records: Then & Now1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Join us for a five-author book signing featuring Greg Ehrbar, Marni Nixon, Jeff Kurtti, Stacia Martin and Robert Tieman.
                                  4:00 pm to 5:30 pm: EMP Senior Curator Jasen Emmons moderates The Legacy of Disney MusicDate
                                  Saturday, November 4, 2006
                                  Time
                                  10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
                                  Ticket Info
                                  Activities and events are free with admission to Experience Music Project.

Adults (ages 18-64)$19.95
                                  Youth (ages 7-17)$14.95
                                  Military (with ID)$15.95
                                  Seniors (with ID)$15.95
                                  Children (age 6 and under)FREE

additional info may be found at emplive.org including costs for memberships - which might be a good choice if you are thinking of seeing the exhibit more than once while it is in Seattle.

And for those that can't make it to Seattle - there is hope -- Disney: The Music Behind The Magic will run at EMP for ten months before traveling to other national and international venues.

What I am thinking about is getting a membership since I know I'll want to go a few times to really take it all in. And with a membership, I can go to the event that makeminemusic has referred to on Friday night -- MICKEY MOUSE will be there!! Hah - that means he won't be in Disneyland that day, right? The long flight and all...

Disney: The Music Behind the Magic Members Preview
                                  Details
                                  The Board and Staff of Experience Music Project and Wells Fargo invite you to the members preview of Disney: The Music Behind the Magic featuring a musical performance by Jodi Benson (the voice of Ariel in The Little MermaidDate
                                  Friday, November 3, 2006
                                  Time
                                  6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
                                  Ticket Info
                                  This reception is a free benefit for EMP and SFM members. It is open ONLY to our members and their guests. Members may purchase guest tickets for $15 each ($10 for youth 17 and under). For tickets or more information, please call the EMP Box Office at (206) 770-2702.

Comment

Oh that sounds like fun! And it is seriously just a few minutes from home for me. My friend got our Incredibles tickets for the Everett Events Center that weekend so I would just need to make sure it does not conflict with that!

Comment

If you are going to be at the EMP Sunday, look for these events, Hope to see you there -
                                      You can attend if you pay EMP daily fee or are a member.

The following events are part of the NFFC weekend event Sunday,
                                      November 5
                                      (the times and locations are TBD): Note that most will be in the SCI-FI museum level 3 room.

DISNEY MUSIC IN THE THEME PARKS
                                      Walt Disney Records producer and historian Randy Thornton gives a
                                      presentation about the role of music in the Disney theme parks and
                                      talks about the 2005 box set A Musical History of Disneyland.

THE GREATEST DISNEY SONGS YOU NEVER HEARD
                                      Accomplished Disney artist and art director RUSSELL SCHROEDER reveals
                                      the heretofore unknown stories behind heretofore unheard Disney songs that were not used in films -- which will have their live public premiere by
                                      singer/songwriter MICHAEL SILVERSHER.

THE MAGIC OF DISNEY SONGWRITING
                                      Award-winning songwriters PATTY AND MICHAEL SILVERSHER discuss their craft and share their experiences in their decades of successful songs for
                                      Disney films, TV and theme parks.

THE ART & ARTISTS OF DISNEY RECORDS
                                      Beloved, effervescent Disney artist and historian Stacia Martin shares
                                      rare artwork and anecdotes that celebrate the record album art work of such renowned Disney artists as Mary Blair, Peter Ellenshaw, Paul Wenzel, X Atencio, Al Dempster and many others.

BEHIND THE SCENES OF DISNEY MUSIC
                                      Exhibit curator Jasen Emmons shares excerpts of filmed interviews with
                                      Disney artists and experts, including Richard Sherman, Phil Collins,
                                      Alan Menken, Leonard Maltin, Thomas Schumacher, and others talking about different aspects of Disney music. Followed by a question-and-answer session.

Ken

Comment

How long does the exhibit last? I am from Ocean Shores and soo excited!

Comment

Hi Tedi,

The "Music Behind the Magic" exhibit at the EMP will last for a year, so you have plenty of time to see it. This weekend is the opening with special events and presentations to kick it off!

www.emplive.org

Ken

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X