• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinkermonkey
    has a brand new mindset
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Oct 2005

Northwest Micechatters Meet at EMP?

OFFICIAL MEET DATE/TIME: Sunday, November 5th at 11 AM. In front of EMP I guess (I've never been there so I don't know of any landmarks!!) See you there!! Let us know if you are coming so we look for you!!

Starting a little early on planning, but the The Disney Music Behind the Magic exhibit opens at EMP on November 5 and while I don't think I want to be there for the opening, it would be fun to plan a mini-meet for all of the Micechatters here in the Puget Sound and surrounding areas.

So, lets get out our palms, blackberrys and plain old dayplanners (and any other scraps of paper that might be in my your purse or wallet to figure out my your life) and lets pick a date that works for the most people. (I'd throw a date out myself, but I can't recall when some of the NW folks are going "home" for a visit in November.)

UPDATE -- IT APPEARS THAT WE ARE ALL CRAZY AS THE GENERAL IDEA IS TO GO TO THE OPENING OF THE EXHIBIT ON NOVEMBER 5TH!!!! This is in part to allow Micechatter Tassie to join us all the way from Australia!! So, start spreading the word!!!
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 11-01-2006, 09:00 PM. Reason: date added
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:
  • sleepyjeff
    Spree Candy
    • Jan 2005

Re: Northwest Micechatters Meet at EMP?

Only if I can coordinate it with one of my trips up there to see the Winterhawks play(ie. soundly throttle) the T-Birds
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• xfkirsten
      I Hug My Tapirs
      • Jan 2005

Is anyone here planning on going to the Disney Music Convention at EMP from Nov 3-5?
      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• sleepyjeff
        Spree Candy
        • Jan 2005

I'll have just got back from Anaheim...doubtfull if I will feel like(or even be able to) go then
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• Melonballer
          Shablagoo!
          • May 2005

I'd like to go. I've wanted a NW Micechat meet for awhile. I will be at Disneyland from Nov 11th to 18th so those days are bad for me.

Also tassie from Australia will be in the NW near the end of October. I am not sure when she is going back to OZ, but we have talked about trying to organize something for those of us who are unlucky enough to be missing her at DL. Maybe she can chime in and let us know if she will be around or not.

Comment

• tassie
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
            I'd like to go. I've wanted a NW Micechat meet for awhile. I will be at Disneyland from Nov 11th to 18th so those days are bad for me.

Also tassie from Australia will be in the NW near the end of October. I am not sure when she is going back to OZ, but we have talked about trying to organize something for those of us who are unlucky enough to be missing her at DL. Maybe she can chime in and let us know if she will be around or not.
            thanks for thinking of me!

I'll be up that way!!! I leave San Francisco on 26th October and am spending Halloween in Oregon. I'm going to a wedding in Mo on the 10th November. Depending on how long it takes to drive from SF up to there, I can be there either before Halloween, or just after Halloween. I'm easy, and I'd love anyone and everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
            Originally Posted by MWalton
            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

• tinkermonkey
              has a brand new mindset
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Oct 2005

WOW - I can get a double dose of Tassie!! I'll be at DL during part of your visit there (I'm there from the 7-15) and then if you could make it to something up here too - fantastic!

Maybe we should shoot for the opening weekend to ensure Tassie sees it? Melon, your thoughts?

Comment

• Melonballer
                Shablagoo!
                • May 2005

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                WOW - I can get a double dose of Tassie!! I'll be at DL during part of your visit there (I'm there from the 7-15) and then if you could make it to something up here too - fantastic!

Maybe we should shoot for the opening weekend to ensure Tassie sees it? Melon, your thoughts?
                I have no problem with that. Right now I have nothing scheduled for that time period. For me its going to be that first weekend or a few weeks after. Right now I am between jobs, so I can go at anytime. However, by then I hope to be working again so obviously a weekend visit works better. The fifth will probably be the best day for tassie to give her time to get to MO. Are you driving tassie ot taking a plane? BTW as far as driving from San Francisco to Oregon goes a lot depends on where you are going and how much you like driving. My parents have driven from Bremerton, Wa to the Bay Area in 2 days. However, they usually stop in Southern Oregon to rest. They have driven the route in a singel session once or twice though. So if you are someone who can drive for a long time without rest you could do it in a day. If you need to stop after awhile then you a should still be able to do it in 2 days.

Comment

• tassie
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jul 2006

I have no problem with that. Right now I have nothing scheduled for that time period. For me its going to be that first weekend or a few weeks after. Right now I am between jobs, so I can go at anytime. However, by then I hope to be working again so obviously a weekend visit works better. The fifth will probably be the best day for tassie to give her time to get to MO. Are you driving tassie ot taking a plane? BTW as far as driving from San Francisco to Oregon goes a lot depends on where you are going and how much you like driving. My parents have driven from Bremerton, Wa to the Bay Area in 2 days. However, they usually stop in Southern Oregon to rest. They have driven the route in a singel session once or twice though. So if you are someone who can drive for a long time without rest you could do it in a day. If you need to stop after awhile then you a should still be able to do it in 2 days.
                  we are hoping to drive everywhere, so we can see more, and be more flexible. I will be in Talent Or for Halloween, then I have another friend in Salem Or. Which is closer??

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                  :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

• tassie
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jul 2006

and what if you don't like me???

just kidding! :lol:

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

• Melonballer
                      Shablagoo!
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                      we are hoping to drive everywhere, so we can see more, and be more flexible. I will be in Talent Or for Halloween, then I have another friend in Salem Or. Which is closer??
                      Talent is near the southern border of ORegon

Salem is closer to the north. My parents would usually stop in that area when we drove to the bay area after the first day driving. According to google maps it is a 4 and half hour drive between Salem OR and Seattle WA. Its about the same driving time between Talent and Salem.
                      Its about 6 hours from SAn Francisco and Talent. They also state that it is about 1 day 11 hours driving time to St louis MO from Seattle. Of course I don;t know where it is exactly you are going in MO, so that is proabably not gonna help you. Its just a rough idea. One thing I would recommend is that if you are driving from the NW to Missouri that you should drive through Yellowstone (assuming it is not snowed in).

Hopefull that info will help with planning your trip.

Comment

• tassie
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jul 2006

Talent is near the southern border of ORegon

Salem is closer to the north. My parents would usually stop in that area when we drove to the bay area after the first day driving. According to google maps it is a 4 and half hour drive between Salem OR and Seattle WA. Its about the same driving time between Talent and Salem.
                        Its about 6 hours from SAn Francisco and Talent. They also state that it is about 1 day 11 hours driving time to St louis MO from Seattle. Of course I don;t know where it is exactly you are going in MO, so that is proabably not gonna help you. Its just a rough idea. One thing I would recommend is that if you are driving from the NW to Missouri that you should drive through Yellowstone (assuming it is not snowed in).

Hopefull that info will help with planning your trip.
                        the weddings in springfield Mo

What would I do without you here???:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

• Melonballer
                          Shablagoo!
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                          What would I do without you here???:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:

Hmmm... You'd probably have to look stuff up on Google yourself )

Comment

• Melonballer
                            Shablagoo!
                            • May 2005

I was looking at the EMP's website and one thing I have found is there is a group rate if we have more than 15 people. So that is something to consider as well.

Comment

• Melonballer
                              Shablagoo!
                              • May 2005

Phooey! I need to watch my sister during the Nov 4th-5th weekend. So I will not be available.

Comment

• tinkermonkey
                                has a brand new mindset
                                MiceChat Moderator
                                • Oct 2005

Can ya bring her?

Comment

• Melonballer
                                  Shablagoo!
                                  • May 2005

Can ya bring her?
                                  I would not be able to. She has a hard time getting around and it would be difficult to get her there.

Comment

• tassie
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2006

Can ya bring her?
                                    I was thinking the same thing. We will help any way we can. I sure hope you can come!!!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

• Melonballer
                                      Shablagoo!
                                      • May 2005

I'll see what I can do.

Comment

• Simply Mad
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Feb 2006

I am up for any day, anytime! I would love to meet some NW chatters and have the chance to see Tassie again (hoping to meet you on October 12th!).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X