Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Thought Of Having A Sunday Meet...at DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Ever Thought Of Having A Sunday Meet...at DCA?

I know that Anaheim Sunday noon MiceChat meets are a tradition at the DL hub by the statue. Has anyone ever given thought to maybe designating one particular Sunday to have the meet-up at DCA? Just for fun? To be different? Just a thought.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Anyone Ever Thought Of Having A Sunday Meet...at DCA?

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I know that Anaheim Sunday noon MiceChat meets are a tradition at the DL hub by the statue. Has anyone ever given thought to maybe designating one particular Sunday to have the meet-up at DCA? Just for fun? To be different? Just a thought.

--Barry
    Sacrelige!!
    You're sooo outta C.O.W.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

That's just sick, sick.
      Originally posted by lazyboy97O
      How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
      Originally posted by steamboatpete
      Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

ok, guys I love dca, whats wrong with a meet there, after all theres more space :lol:

Comment

The Sunday Noon meet has been a tradition for about 10 years, Noon at the Hub. No need to change it.

After meeting at the hub, folks decide to go places, sometimes it is to eat at Disneyland, sometimes at DtD, sometimes at one of the Hotel restaurants, and sometimes we go to DCA, for example we just had lunch at Ariel's Grotto, another time, we went to Whitewater Snacks, but grabbed FP's for both Soarin' and GRR on the way to the restuarant, so we could ride as a group after the meal.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

An all day meet at DCA?! I'd die.

Comment

You can always start a new DCA meet at a different time. Like maybe say, 4:00 at the "amphitheater" area place thingy that overlooks the PP. Gets hot in the summertime though. Maybe under the "Palace of Fine Arts" dome.

In any case if this is something new that someone wants to start, it's gonna have to be someone who is willing to actually GO to said meet every week for a while to ensure that it sticks. Otherwise it'll just die and fade away.

Comment

I just thought I'd suggest it. Not an all day meet, just the Sunday noon meet-up, maybe with lunch and a couple of rides there, maybe one time, not every week, that was all. It's obvious how people feel about it, and that is fine with me.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I just thought I'd suggest it. Not an all day meet
                  Thats what i was thinking.

Comment

Not meet at the hub???? :unsure:

Sorry RB, but you don't mess with tradition...<breaks out into Fiddler on the Roof song>

Comment

In the Summertime, this would be a good idea. Meet INDOORS at the Animation Academy or some such place.

But good ideas don't always work out. The Hub tradition is so engrained in everybody's conciousness that you would have to have a "stake-out" person at the Hub directing Chatters (who didn't get the memo) to DCA. And then contact the DCA Krew to wait for the person to exit D-Land, go through the DCA entry, etc.

Perhaps another alternative would be to have 2 meetings simultaneously: D-Land and DCA. The 2 groups would be in contact via cel phone, pager phone, walkie-talkie, or cans-on-strings to decide where to go next. This would allow a group to scope out each park, provide feedback, and come to some sort of consensus.

OMG - this is starting to sound like WORK!!
                      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

I was wondering, with all the meets at the hub, are we taking away the picture taking opts for a lot of people who would like to take pictures with walt but there are so many folks sitting and standing right there.

Comment

I'm sure we are very photogenic!

And it's not like the Hub would be vacant anyway. From what I have seen, MC'ers are very conscious of people trying to get shots of themselves with Partners and/or the castle.
                          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

the meet takes place on the side of the hub, no one overcrowds walt and mickey

at least that's what i saw during my unexpected stumbling onto the c.o.w.
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

The noon meet at the hub pre-dates the Disney-related websites in existence now, so while any particular website can designate a place and time for their meets, the noon meet at the hub will always exist.

The problematic issues for having a large meet at DCA is needing a location that's central enough and yet not obtrusive to regular guests, preferably with seating and shade, in addition to the fact that especially now, there are not as many dining locations in DCA as there are in DL, especially locations that have as much seating as used to be necessary to accommodate all the people at the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                                I'm sure we are very photogenic!

And it's not like the Hub would be vacant anyway. From what I have seen, MC'ers are very conscious of people trying to get shots of themselves with Partners and/or the castle.
                                Exactly! Plus, we're only there for 30 minutes - one hour so if there isn't a perfect photo op for someone they can come back. We dont take it over ALL day But that MIGHT be fun :lmao:

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
                                  The noon meet at the hub pre-dates the Disney-related websites in existence now, so while any particular website can designate a place and time for their meets, the noon meet at the hub will always exist.
                                  Yep.. I have been going to the Sunday Noon meets for.. years.. I was going to the rec.arts.disney meets.. that was before the ... umm.. hit the fan.. and then there was alt.disney.disneyland meets that took over after the rec.arts.disney drama... then.. when that died.. the web site wars began
                                  tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
                                  what's reality compared to me
                                  I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
                                  I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
                                  for the fact that I'm a man
                                  I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
                                  Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Comment

You can organize something... just dont have it on sunday at noon... as tht time is reserved for the Hub of disneyland... unless it's raining or too darn crowded... then it's off set a little...

Comment

--Barry
                                      Only if it's at Cove Bar and you are buying. That's the only way you'll get SOME micechatters to even sho up :lol:
                                      Katie :yea:
                                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                                        You can always start a new DCA meet at a different time. Like maybe say, 4:00 at the "amphitheater" area place thingy that overlooks the PP. Gets hot in the summertime though. Maybe under the "Palace of Fine Arts" dome.

Honey if you meet at the dome, the CM's might be excited and think that we're all there to see the crappy Whoppi Goldberg show.
                                        Katie :yea:
                                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X