This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 31st Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet

It's been about 4 and half months since originally planned and discussed.....

Mickey's Halloween Treat
    on
    HALLOWEEN!!!!

So, who all has their tickets? Where do we want to meet? WHEN do we want to meet? Should we try dinner first? Or drinks after? Both? None of the above? Are any of the bars still open that late on a Wednesday? Let your voice be heard!

EDIT: It has been decided. We will meet at the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand California Hotel at 6 PM. We will walk over to DCA together. Any plans for after the event will be made that night depending on how we feel.
    Yes, yes I am.
    36.36%
    I'd like to dinner before too.
    9.09%
    I'd like to do drinks after.
    27.27%
    I'm not going. :P
    27.27%
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM. Reason: For final details
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Re: Oct. 31st Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet

I can't commit to dinner before as Batman and I might have work, but we don't know yet. If we have nothing to do before, we could totally do dinner before. But right now, we can only commit to activities AFTER.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

What kind of drinks are we talking about?

I'll be there, and all dressed up too! As for where to meet, maybe inside the park would be a good idea ... I'm thinking 8pm by the Cove Bar. I'll be getting out of work early that day, going to the park to renew my AP ... and then going back to my car to change into my costume ... so before the event I won't be able to do much.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
        What kind of drinks are we talking about?

I'll be there, and all dressed up too! As for where to meet, maybe inside the park would be a good idea ... I'm thinking 8pm by the Cove Bar. I'll be getting out of work early that day, going to the park to renew my AP ... and then going back to my car to change into my costume ... so before the event I won't be able to do much.

I was thinking alcohol. There. I said it.

We could do that. I was hoping to hang out with people from the get go.

Cove Bar sounds like a good central location. It's a big walkway too, so we won't be crowding anyone. But I suppose if we meet inside, we have to wait until later so everyone can enter. Hmmm.

Anybody else have two cents to throw in?

Comment

Just so ya know cove bar itself is closed and the area in front of it is a character picture taking location. There's still plenty of open space by it but there will be a line of people on both ends and people exiting it.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
            Just so ya know cove bar itself is closed and the area in front of it is a character picture taking location. There's still plenty of open space by it but there will be a line of people on both ends and people exiting it.
            Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

I voted all three options. But I will wait see how this pans out. I'm sure we'll figure out somehow, somewhere to meet.

Comment

Yeah. We need to hear from a few more people before an official time and place is decided on. I suspect on Monday, when every one is back at work, hehe, we'll hear some more.

Comment

I have to see what my work (or lack thereof) schedule will be like. I am trying to finagle a way to stay at my current company, so I might not be able to stay out too late... I will know later in the week.
                  How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                  :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                    I have to see what my work (or lack thereof) schedule will be like. I am trying to finagle a way to stay at my current company, so I might not be able to stay out too late... I will know later in the week.
                    I'm sending good thoughts your way. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                      Good luck Pezz, but still keep looking for another job. I used to work for the work comp division for Health Net and then they sold our division to another insurance company based back east. We were able to save our positions for another couple of years but this new company decided to eventually shut our division down when they figured out how they could do what we did out where they were based.

Good luck Pezz. I'll keep my eye open for you too.

Comment

I KNOW there are more people out there who said they were going.....

Anybody else have an opinion on the meet time or place?

Comment

Alright, how about if we meet at Hearthstone Lounge before the event and then walk over to DCA? I'd be up for that!

Comment

Alright, how about if we meet at Hearthstone Lounge before the event and then walk over to DCA? I'd be up for that!
                            That sounds like a good idea. We should be able to find each other there.

We could meet at 6 PM, and walk over together. As far as drinking/whatever after, we can just play it by ear. See how we feel.

Sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                              That sounds like a good idea. We should be able to find each other there.

We could meet at 6 PM, and walk over together. As far as drinking/whatever after, we can just play it by ear. See how we feel.

Sound good?
                              Sounds good to me! I'll be the one with the crown ... :lol:

Comment

Hoping to go...
                                Anbody have a spare ticket they'd like to sell me?
                                Is this haunted signature
                                actually
                                stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                                Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                                also known as...
                                Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Adelade View Post
                                  Hoping to go...
                                  DisneyIPresume might, PM him to find out. He'll be at the meet this Sunday too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adelade View Post
                                    Hoping to go...

If you still don't have one, shoot me a PM. I'm holding on to one, but I can't wait forever, so if you want it, it's yours. Plus, I got it months ago, so it was only $24 :-D
                                    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Can I still come to the meet and not go to the treat event? I feel like I'd be missing out on something but I the feeling isn't strong enough to get me to part with a min. of 24 dollars.

Comment

DisneyIPresume might, PM him to find out. He'll be at the meet this Sunday too.
                                        My friend had to buy his on eBay.

Originally posted by cdkihano View Post
                                        Can I still come to the meet and not go to the treat event? I feel like I'd be missing out on something but I the feeling isn't strong enough to get me to part with a min. of 24 dollars.
                                        Well, you could...but we're going to meet at six and walk directly to the event. So the meet wouldn't really be much for you. Just a walk from Grand California to the front gate of DCA! But if you really want to make the walk, you're more than welcome to.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X