Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

MiceChat 10th Anniversary Gumball Rally - May 14, 2016

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. I can't figure out how to answer properly, so here are my (oh so humble) answers/opinions for hollyray and rsinnott. The Pasta Party is so much fun, that it would be totally worth attending, even without the added perk of early registration. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends, and to catch up with others. There is a certain amount of smack-talk, and that's a hoot too. As far as tips go...my sister and I have learned, that no matter how clever we think we are, or how much reconnoitering and strategizing we do, every year Dustysage, Mamabot and the other planners manage to throw us curves and spins that make us change our plans, and think on the fly. That actually just adds to the fun. I would suggest wearing extremely comfortable clothes and lots of sunblock. packing snacks but nothing you don't want to carry around all day. You will not want to take time out to get a locker. Also, it is likely to be very, very crowded (nice weather, Grad Night kids), so be mentally prepared to factor the crowds into your strategy. Lastly, and most important of all, have a fabulous time!!
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Comment

Hi everyone! Very excited to be participating in the Rally again this year. Quick question...if we sent an e-mail asking to change our team name, should we have gotten a confirmation e-mail back? We originally put our team name from last year (Scarers of the Month), but decided to change it up this year since one of our team members can't make it to the Rally. I sent Mamabot an email on April 30th asking to change the name, but I haven't heard anything back. So now I'm not sure if it was changed or not, and we're not sure which name to use! Did anyone else received a confirmation back after they changed their team name? Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

I know the rules say that there are no smartphones, etc allowed as a part of the rally, but are we allowed to bring a digital camera to take pictures? We are realizing that we normally just take pictures with our cellphones and are scrambling to see if we can figure out a way to document our day.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rsinnott View Post
          Hey everyone,

I know the rules say that there are no smartphones, etc allowed as a part of the rally, but are we allowed to bring a digital camera to take pictures? We are realizing that we normally just take pictures with our cellphones and are scrambling to see if we can figure out a way to document our day.

Thanks!
          Yes, you are allowed to bring a digital camera! Many teams do, and you can find their trip reports posted on Micechat. As long as it doesn't have internet access, you should be good!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by belleartiste View Post
            Hi everyone! Very excited to be participating in the Rally again this year. Quick question...if we sent an e-mail asking to change our team name, should we have gotten a confirmation e-mail back? We originally put our team name from last year (Scarers of the Month), but decided to change it up this year since one of our team members can't make it to the Rally. I sent Mamabot an email on April 30th asking to change the name, but I haven't heard anything back. So now I'm not sure if it was changed or not, and we're not sure which name to use! Did anyone else received a confirmation back after they changed their team name? Thanks!
            I think I have gotten back to all the teams who have sent emails with changes and requests. If you still need a question answered, please resend the email.

I truly appreciate everyone's patience this year. Lots of extra magic has been happening behind the scenes to create the most magical Gumball Rally ever!
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

WOO! GUMBALL RALLY TIME!

I've been totally occupied with a bunch of other things. But those things are done and now I'm focusing all my attention on the Gumball Rally I kind of glanced in here to see what type of discussions were going on but saw this and figured I might as well chime in...

Originally posted by rsinnott View Post
              So people who have played before.... what should we know before tackling out first Gumball Rally???
              I wrote this little tip list a few years ago. It's still relevant today so I hope you find this helpful!

1) WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES! I cannot stress this enough! We're going to be WALKING around the park for 12 hours (well I guess it's 11 hours this year) and your feet will hurt! I remember in my first Gumball Rally, my feet started hurting after 3 hours in. It felt like I was walking on needles for the rest of the Rally D:

2) BE FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR PLAN! Delays and break downs will happen throughout the day. Be flexible with your ride plan!

3) STAY HYDRATED! Again, lots of WALKING around in the Park and you're bound to lose a lot of liquid from your body. We're all here to have fun and have a great time, and the last thing we want to hear is somebody falling ill during the Rally.

4) BRING SNACKS! If you're going for the win, you definitely don't want to waste time waiting in line for food

5) BRING A WATCH! Remember, most electronics are not allowed! You definitely want to keep track of your time somehow!

6) HAVE FUN! Even though this is a competition, remember to have fun! You're at the Disneyland Resort, silly!

See you all real soon!

My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Are electronic admission tickets are your phone allowed to be used?

Comment

Originally posted by neonsdf View Post
                  Are electronic admission tickets are your phone allowed to be used?
                  In my opinion, that may not be a good idea since cell phone use is not allowed. It's best not to risk it!
                  My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Good luck to everybody competing in the Rally today! I'm so bummed that I'm not able to go this year, as last year was so much fun! Have a great time everybody.

Comment

OMG the answer was 72.

Comment

My sister and I participated in Saturday. We didn't do anything wrong but would we have known if we got disqualified? Like would someone have approached and told us at that moment if we broke the rules?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X