Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOR CAL CHRISTMAS MEET/PARTY!?? Ideas??

Dublin has 2 skating sessions. One until 4, and another Evening session.

We could do dinner around 5, either way. After the afternoon skate, or before the evening session.

Due to people traveling from some distances, i would like to Suggest the Afternoon Skate, you can arrive 1-2, skate till 4....then Dinner... Then home.

Sound like we should be making that a plan?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

If we do the earlier session my roommate, who is a lurker, and myself will happily join in the fun. We've been wanting to go ice skating for a while now. I have a show that evening in Vallejo so I will have to cut out in time to get there.
      Yay, I'm looking forward to this.
      Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Ok so if I got this right, were doing 12/15 Ice skating at 4pm in Dublin and dinner after? Just wanted to make sure. I'm in for 3.

Comment

I think we are getting a bit of a consensus.

We just need to nail down what time we want to do it and where we want to eat. With all respect to Pan it should be a family oriented place.

Also as to Toys for Tots, we need to decide if we are going to bring toys or if we just want to collect for a cash donation in lieu of gifts to each other.

Looking like a good plan, just chime in with what time you want, we can finalize by next week or so, which should be enough notice for all ?

Comment

I would like to attend too, if I can. I will check back often to see what everyone decided on.

Comment

Want to go to the Cheesecake Factory at Stoneridge? They have good food.

Comment

Ok gang, we should start to nail down some decisions, so over the holiday weekend please chime in with where we should eat, etc.

I think we've agreed on the afternoon of the 15th and starting out at the skating rink ?

Comment

Dec 15th, Skating from 1-4 at Dublin Ice? Of course we dont have to skate for 3 hours, or be there at 1 when it opens. Don't have to skate at all! Can just hang out and talk!

Then......Dinner.......? (Hooters....not as bad as you may think, right across from the rink, and easy freeway access home... It used to be a Carrows years ago and we would go there after playing Hockey)

Comment

My reluctance on Hooters reflects the fact we will have kids along, and I want to keep it family oriented. is there another good option ?

Also, do we want to bring toys, bring cash (I can put it through online in the name of NCal MC) or just all agree to make donations ahead of time ?

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                      My reluctance on Hooters reflects the fact we will have kids along, and I want to keep it family oriented. is there another good option ?

Also, do we want to bring toys, bring cash (I can put it through online in the name of NCal MC) or just all agree to make donations ahead of time ?
                      My Son used to love Hooters.....lol

All I know down there is Hooters and Chuck E Cheese...(UpChuckCheese) I am sure there are others, just have to look them up.

Comment

Ok people, any more thoughts ?

We should try and decide on a place by the 1st so we can make reservations if needed.

Also couldn't hurt to get a count of who is coming.

Comment

If it is afternoon at the rink then Dinner, I will be there and will be dragging my roomate along.
                          Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Yes. We will have more ideas for dinner tomorrow. I am having lunch down in the area to see what is reasonably nearby.

We than can nail down the details and get this thing planned!

Comment

Hope all you Nor calers are practicing your Ice Princess moves!

Comment

Some of us don't do ice, but will be there for the meet

Should have info on dining by tomorrow afternoon so it couldn't hurt for us to get a count to try and make reservations if needed.

Comment

Ok just got back from meet with Pan over in Dublin.

The plan is as follows

1. Meet at Dublin Ice Land for skating and chatting from noon to 4

Link for the rink is here: http://www.dubliniceland.com/

Based on our group size (assuming 15-20) we can get a group rate. Pan will be getting the exact figures for us but if you could respond with the number of people in your group it would help with reservations. Those will be made Monday or Tuesday so please respond by the weekend with your plans.

2. Dinner/Snack/Etc will be at Mimi's which is a short drive from the rink. Figure 4:30 reservations and eat until you plan to leave.

Again we'd like to make reservations so the numbers for that would help too.

As for Toys for Tots it seems the simplest plan is for cash donations. So you can make a donation on your own at http://www.toysfortots.org/ or we can all bring cash and I will make a group donation on behalf of NorCal Micechat.

Looks to be a nice meet for us all to have a little Christmas fun.

Comment

I will be there.
                                    Growing older is manditory
                                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

SO HERE IT IS------ "The Plan"

December 15th---

Dublin Iceland http://www.dubliniceland.com/

From 1-2 until 4- GROUP RATE!!! Tell them you are with Mice Chat! (Rates will be posted after i talk to the rink manager)

From 4:30 until- done... MiMi's Cafe for Dinner!
                                      MIMIS CAFE DUBLIN
                                      4775 HACIENDA DR.
                                      DUBLIN CA 94568
                                      (925) 833-2521

SOUND GOOD?????? TIME TO SPREAD THE WORD AND SIGN UP!!!

Bring a toy as well (or cash donation) for Toys for Tots!!!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

Comment

In? Out? Anyone?

Comment

In
                                          Growing older is manditory
                                          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X