This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday meets for newbies.

This has probably popped up a number of times but I still see many people who have tried to come to the meets only to be too nervous to even talk to anyone. Many of the people who come to the meets, honestly, have their "chat circles" that are very hard and intimidating to get into sometimes. I even had to push my way in to a circle the weekend before last just to chat with people I knew! I used to be one of the quiet and shy people who sat off to the side, in some ways I still am but I'm working on it! I remember how boring it felt when I didn't talk to anyone and was too nervous to even peep a word. I often times even went to the parks alone and it got real boring real fast to be honest. I usually won't even go anymore unless I'm going with an MCer now.

I'm attempting to start a smaller meet with two or three regulars on Saturdays instead of Sundays. Along with the regulars would be any newbies who would like to join us. It's much easier to make friends and get into the group when there's less people, it's not as intimidating as with the dozen that pop up on Sundays.

If you're a regular and interested in coming with me to the parks on Saturdays to try and welcome new people to the meets then let me know. If you're a newbie to the meets and would love to find people to enjoy the park with, let me know as well.

There's been a slight problem with what days people would be able to go generally. Saturday isn't really the best day for a number of people because they're blocked out on the lower passes.
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM.

Re: Saturday meets for newbies.

I was, and still the same way. I am the quiet silent type. i rather stand back and listen to a conversation then to engage in it. If it wasn't for Princess Buttercup dragging me into the circle. I wouldn't know any MiceChatters.

Comment

I might actually be able to do Saturday meets. Not regularly, but definitely sometimes. My schedule does not allow me to make Sunday meets, but my Saturdays are much more open than my Sundays. I would support this idea (and when I can't be there, I'd support it in spirit! )).

Comment

I've thought of going to MC meets on Sundays (when I have them off from work, which is rare ) but I would probably be one of those people who is shy and sits off to the side. I'm more of the quiet type, unless someone initiates conversation. I like the idea of having smaller "newbie" meets so it doesn't seem so intimidating, walking into a big group of people that all seem to know each other and you don't know a soul! That's the kinda stuff that makes me chicken out!

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
          I might actually be able to do Saturday meets. Not regularly, but definitely sometimes. My schedule does not allow me to make Sunday meets, but my Saturdays are much more open than my Sundays. I would support this idea (and when I can't be there, I'd support it in spirit! )).
          Well I know I'd be working Saturday mornings (3AM-8AM, MIGHT be ending a little later soon) but I'd always love to go with people. I know for a while I couldn't make Sunday meets because I'd be too tired from work to drive up there safely.

I know it's usually "the more the merrier" but as far as regulars I'd like to keep the number low if we could. We could form a larger group but take turns or even set up multiple smaller groups if we have enough newbies who would like to come to the meets.

It's all just an idea in the clouds right now, but it would help bring more people to the meets. I know there were over 100 people who came to the rally that I had no idea who they were. I don't think we've ever come close to that during a normal meet, a dozen is the average as far as I know and two dozen tops. It would be awesome if we could have 100 people come to the regular meets, but that means we'll have to bring more people out of their shells.

Comment

Count me in for a Saturday meet. I've been lurking less online but more so in in-person meets. Everyone is incredibly nice but it is hard to bust in on established friendships. I wouldn't mind making an ally or two to keep company during Sunday meets.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
              I've thought of going to MC meets on Sundays (when I have them off from work, which is rare ) but I would probably be one of those people who is shy and sits off to the side. I'm more of the quiet type, unless someone initiates conversation. I like the idea of having smaller "newbie" meets so it doesn't seem so intimidating, walking into a big group of people that all seem to know each other and you don't know a soul! That's the kinda stuff that makes me chicken out!

See! The same with me! The only reason I'm doing better now is because I've talked with most of the people who come to the meets often. Even one of the meets after new years I was hiding out between a statue and a trash can during a meet keeping quiet and to myself. Now it's what, a month and a half afterward and I'm wandering around to all the circles.

Comment

I think this is a great idea. I'm usually at the park on saturdays...when i go...anyway.

Comment

I may stop by a Saturday meet or two. But then again, twice as much of me isn't always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    I may stop by a Saturday meet or two. But then again, twice as much of me isn't always a good thing.
                    Don't you dare scare them away.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      I think this is a great idea. I'm usually at the park on saturdays...when i go...anyway.
                      I know there's a number of people who don't come to the Sunday meets because they can't get Sundays off. They can get Saturdays off though. So this could be better for them as well.

I don't know how well it would work as a normal "Saturday hub meet" thing for people who can't make it on Sunday. My original idea was to keep the group small so people don't feel intimidated. We could combine the groups later on in the day, the newbies and the "people who can't make Sundays".

Comment

Splinter group!

It's just like any other religion, can eat pork / can't eat pork, temple on a Sunday / temple on a Saturday!

So is the Saturday group to be called ... oh I dunno ... "Church of the earlier day Walt" ?

Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                        DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                          Splinter group!

It's just like any other religion, can eat pork / can't eat pork, temple on a Sunday / temple on a Saturday!

So is the Saturday group to be called ... oh I dunno ... "Church of the earlier day Walt" ?

It's going to be called "The gathering of those who don't come otherwise"

Comment

Unfortunately I have a Deluxe pass and starting next month Saturdays will be blocked out until late August.

3 out of the 4 AP types offered have the same Saturdays blocked out so while this is a good idea don't be disappointed if a lot can't make it.

Comment

How about a "Friday Meet Just because We Can't Make It On Sunday AND Saturday!" Meet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X