X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney News Articles

Hey Fellow Mice Chaters!
    I'm doing a school project on Walt Disney, (who'da thunk it!) and so I need some old (meaing stuff from 1928-1968 or even earlier) newspaper or magazine articles talking about him in a positive or negative way. I rathet them be positive, it being Walt and all, but for the sylabus and all it should be negative.

Anything you guys can find is great!!! All is Appreciated!!!

The only bad news it that i need it tonight! :-)
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

uh yeah good luck with that one

Comment

Originally posted by migitmouse88
      uh yeah good luck with that one
      Yup! Thanks anyways! I hate being in 11th grade! The classes are soo bogus! LOL I have to write an biography on Walt Disney(which will be a piece of cake) and i have to find 3 articles concering him. But the problem is that he has passed on about 30 years ago, so it's kind of hard! How do teachers expect someone at my age (16, almost 17) to research something so hard! lol
      Alex

Comment

I recommend a library. And a librarian. (They aren't just there to give directions to the bathroom, ya know!)
        "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
        -
        "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
        -
        "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
        -
        Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint
          I recommend a library. And a librarian. (They aren't just there to give directions to the bathroom, ya know!)
          LOL! I wish I would of thought of that a couple of hours ago! lol They are probaly all closed now (9:10 EST). My luck my library has a whole book of them! lol
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3231
            Hey Fellow Mice Chaters!
            I'm doing a school project on Walt Disney, (who'da thunk it!) and so I need some old (meaing stuff from 1928-1968 or even earlier) newspaper or magazine articles talking about him in a positive or negative way. I rathet them be positive, it being Walt and all, but for the sylabus and all it should be negative.

Anything you guys can find is great!!! All is Appreciated!!!

The only bad news it that i need it tonight! :-)
            Being a voice of experience, I can tell you that

1) some libraries only carry their local papers and (depending on the library system) may or may not have the newspapers indexed by subject.
            2) not all magazines are in the Lexis/Nexis catalog or the InfoTrac and a lot of the information in those very big databases can go only so far in the past.
            3) librarians are great sources of information, but while it's our job to help people find information, what you're asking for requires a lot more research and assistance than just clicking a button.

This is the question I ask ALL my patrons who need time sensitive materials for a report:

Since you need so much information in such a small amount of time, how much time did your teacher / professor give you in trying to find all the material?
            Last edited by libraryvixen; 02-23-2005, 01:46 PM. Reason: changing quoted font size
            She walks in beauty, like the night
            Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
            And all that's best of dark and bright
            Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

Here's a site on Epcot:
              http://www.waltopia.com/
              Here's the Walt Disney museum site:
              http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html
              Here's a Time article on Walt:
              http://www.time.com/time/time100/bui...le/disney.html

I know you mention you needed this stuff yesterday, but I hope it helps anyway. If anything, those are some cool sites!

Comment

For future reference, Richard maintains a database of old articles, on what used to be called ThrillMountain. It rivals my private collection (though I have some Lexis materials and LA Times materials he does not). His URL is: http://www.dldhistory.com/
                Kevin Yee
                MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                Mouse Trap
                Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

Next time, check out Wikipedia

There's a substantial amount of information on Walt Disney (both positive
                  and negative) on Wikipedia
                  Last edited by nish221; 03-07-2005, 05:44 PM. Reason: Added URL

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X