Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Clothing...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: Offensive Clothing...

    Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    If no one cared, they wouldn't be doing it. They want the attention, and they know exactly what it takes to get it from you people...
    "You people?"

    Who, exactly, do you mean by "you people?"


    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

    - Walt Disney

    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

    "It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: Offensive Clothing...

      So stupid what people do for attention...

      By 3 pages of replies in this thread, they've got exactly the attention they want.
      -Wes

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: Offensive Clothing...

        Wow... so I wonder how many pages this topic is going to get to?

        I have already said my peace on the subject so I am going to just sit back and read all the other postings!

        Oh and to Leopardchucks, I do kinda do the whole shirt thing out of shame to my own body... Although I try and make it fashionable as I do have some personal body issues but a lot of it is the fact that I am not built like the muscular men in my 20's that are shown on magazine covers and in all advertising, especially in the gay community where perfection is like the strived for ambition... Although at the same time, I have gone shirtless at the waterpark but I make sure that im all trimmed up and looking pretty. I guess that was a bad example.

        A better one would be when we went to Knotts for the Haunt meet for Micechat... I stuck with a shirt that I created myself and something just decent and nice. Or my last Disney trip where I stuck with solid colors, basic Abercrombie or American Eagle denim and shirt, and stuff like that.
        Add me... I dont bite LOL!
        http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

        http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
        http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

        Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: Offensive Clothing...

          Disney security and mgmt. Should enforce the park rules , behavior and clothing policies more stringently. It is the parks responsibility to keep Disneyland a safe and comfortable family environment for all the guests. Profane language displayed on tshirts should not be tolerated and Offending guests should be told to change the shirt or be asked to leave/removed from the property if they decide not to comply with the rules.

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: Offensive Clothing...

            Yeah, my girlfriend got turned away one time because her shirt said "Heavy ****ing Metal". All she had to do was wear it inside out.

            Micenation

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: Offensive Clothing...

              I am always in the minority when it comes to issues such as these. It seems that I am bothered by bad language, and dirty jokes more than the average person. Especially more than many people here at MiceChat.

              Most of the time, I just stay away from these topics. I realize that I am not going to change anybody's mind. They do have a right to their opinions, and their lifestyles.

              Considering my age of 62, I have seen a lot of wardrobe changes over the years. I remember when I went to high school. Girls could not wear pants of any kind. Over the years that has definitely changed.

              Recently my grandson changed his wardrobe. He now wears heavy metal t-shirts almost all of the time. He knows that I don't care for heavy metal music., He knows that a few of his shirts would rub me the wrong way, and so he doesn't wear them around me. I didn't censor his wardrobe, he did that all on his own. I do appreciate the fact that he thinks about my feelings in this way.

              It's another one of those issues that isn't all good or bad. Sometimes we have to learn when to pick our battles. Respect works both ways.
              BarbaraAnn

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: Offensive Clothing...

                I was at Disneyland yesterday with my family. I am very young and my parents didn't know they had planned our trip on Gay Day until it was too late. Well, anyways, there were some very disgusting shirts that should not have been worn to Disneyland. I usually don't really see anything offensive at Disneyland, but some of that stuff yesterday was just crazy!
                sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                Disney is my life <3
                Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                Future Imagineer <3
                Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: Offensive Clothing...

                  Originally posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
                  It doesn't matter if he was gay, straight, black, white, purple, or green- no one should advertise a porn website at Disneyland. It's sad that people have no shame and no respect for themselves.
                  Exactly my point.
                  Jeff Wayne






                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: Offensive Clothing...

                    Originally posted by GlendaleMagic! View Post
                    I was there at Disneyland ysterday and 2 Gay Day shirts I saw, one said "So many boys, so little time."
                    Oh my gosh! I was there yesterday too and saw that shirt! My parents didn't know it was Gay Day until it was too late to cancel our short vacation and my mom noticed a man wearing that shirt. We all thought it was innapropiate and disgusting. It's not something you wear to Disneyland. Isn't that kind of stating you like children?
                    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                    Disney is my life <3
                    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                    Future Imagineer <3
                    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: Offensive Clothing...

                      Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                      I was at Disneyland yesterday with my family. I am very young and my parents didn't know they had planned our trip on Gay Day until it was too late. Well, anyways, there were some very disgusting shirts that should not have been worn to Disneyland. I usually don't really see anything offensive at Disneyland, but some of that stuff yesterday was just crazy!
                      I was there yesterday, too! I'm not against gay people at all, and I don't mind that there's a lot of them there, but they are still subject to the rules. I saw a kid wearing a shirt that said the word "ghetto" on it and lots of other offensive shirts that weren't red, was it offensive shirt day yesterday? They really need to not slack off and enforce this rule!

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: Offensive Clothing...

                        Tamasurvivor please don't ever try to look like macho man from the magazines, it's gross!
                        I must never pay attention to your arm ms. lchucks because I never noticed a naked lady.
                        An that shirt should have said "So many rides, so little time"

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: Offensive Clothing...

                          Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                          He knows that a few of his shirts would rub me the wrong way, and so he doesn't wear them around me. I didn't censor his wardrobe, he did that all on his own. I do appreciate the fact that he thinks about my feelings in this way.
                          That is the other thing too - people who wear shirts with F whatever on them only care about themselves and aren't thinking if it's appropriate to wear them to a family park. Not every place you go to is the appropriate place to make a statement.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: Offensive Clothing...

                            Originally posted by kaylas View Post
                            I must never pay attention to your arm ms. lchucks because I never noticed a naked lady.
                            Um...She's not completely naked, but her booby is showing. But you really have to be staring pretty hard at my arm to figure out just how offensive it is. A quick glance will not suffice.
                            For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                            http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/




                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: Offensive Clothing...

                              Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                              I saw a kid wearing a shirt that said the word "ghetto" on it and lots of other offensive shirts that weren't red, was it offensive shirt day yesterday? They really need to not slack off and enforce this rule!
                              Last time I checked, "ghetto" wasn't a bad word. That kid couldn't be reprimanded for that. It's not breaking any rules.
                              For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                              http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/




                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                yeah, there's nothing wrong with the word ghetto..
                                -plagued

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                  I agree that it doesn't matter about gay, straight, race, gender ect... However with any of these conference type gatherings, they should follow the rules. They should be encouraging those in attendance to not wear such shirts or clothing. Or perhaps they should lose their deep discounts for the gatherings. No matter who is having these events, they should respect that families are still going to be there. Keep it clean and appropriate.

                                  I do remember seeing pictures of DL in the 50's and 60's. With all the people all dressed nice. Kinda sad that we've gone from that to things like this!




                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                    Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                                    Considering my age of 62, I have seen a lot of wardrobe changes over the years. I remember when I went to high school. Girls could not wear pants of any kind. Over the years that has definitely changed.

                                    Recently my grandson changed his wardrobe. He now wears heavy metal t-shirts almost all of the time. He knows that I don't care for heavy metal music., He knows that a few of his shirts would rub me the wrong way, and so he doesn't wear them around me. I didn't censor his wardrobe, he did that all on his own. I do appreciate the fact that he thinks about my feelings in this way.
                                    This essentially is what I don't see. What you describe is a respect for others, a compassion towards the beliefs of others and a willingness to think beyond one's self interest. If more park goers were like your grandson then maybe we wouldn't see so many offensive shirts!
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                                    sigpic

                                    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                      Originally posted by NVDLfan View Post
                                      I agree that it doesn't matter about gay, straight, race, gender ect... However with any of these conference type gatherings, they should follow the rules. They should be encouraging those in attendance to not wear such shirts or clothing. Or perhaps they should lose their deep discounts for the gatherings. No matter who is having these events, they should respect that families are still going to be there. Keep it clean and appropriate.

                                      I do remember seeing pictures of DL in the 50's and 60's. With all the people all dressed nice. Kinda sad that we've gone from that to things like this!
                                      From the official gay days website...

                                      "NOTE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE OFFICIAL GAY DAYS T-SHIRT: We encourage your creativity when selecting a shirt (as long as it's red!). Just please keep in mind that Disneyland is open to the general public and there will be people of all ages present. Thanks!"

                                      They do make mention to keep in mind that people of all ages will be present... I think that speaks for itself that its best to wear a red shirt that does not have anything offensive on it... you do make a good point but its plain and clear on the Gay Days website and the best they could do is put it up on the website as they cant control what people decide to take out of their closet and wear to the event. That falls under Disney and whatever their policies may be regarding shirts like that and obviously it was too offensive or deemed as inappropriate I am sure there is some protocol regarding it.

                                      Can someone also correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt Bats Day also have a similar disclaimer when it comes to what to wear for their event... I am not sure whether Raver Day does or not but I have heard of some wild outfits coming out of peoples closets and being worn on raver day. Especially a few Kandie Kids I know who have told me of some of the things they have worn to Disneyland on that day.

                                      Oh and just like that grandson Barnaraann mentioned, I am the same way when it comes to things like that... I pick my battles and know what I should and should not do certain places same with what I wear out to certain places... those offensive worded shirts are more suited for kegger type of parties and parties where you want to make a fashion statement, theme park attire is more basic and less flashy, whereas work attire is a lot more professional and dressed up... its really about respect for everyone... have all the fun you want but try your hardest not to intrude on other peoples fun either!
                                      Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                                      http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

                                      http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                                      http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

                                      Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                        Originally posted by tamasurvivor View Post
                                        From the official gay days website...

                                        "NOTE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE OFFICIAL GAY DAYS T-SHIRT: We encourage your creativity when selecting a shirt (as long as it's red!). Just please keep in mind that Disneyland is open to the general public and there will be people of all ages present. Thanks!"
                                        I think it really speaks volumes of any organized group when they openly remind those participating to be respectful of the general public. As others have stated the explicit shirts are not specific to any organized group but a reflection of lowered standards in society as a whole. I wish individuals would have the same amount of respect many organized groups demonstrate. For me the encounter with the Hells Angels really opened my eyes. Here are bikers known for leading a rough life and one of their first thoughts is to "clean up and cover up" for kids!
                                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                                        sigpic

                                        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: Offensive Clothing...

                                          Originally posted by GregC View Post
                                          Walt would be turning in his grave, those kind of messages on clothing should be outlawed from the Parks.
                                          very true...


                                          there is a reason i did not go to dlr or dca this weekend. I feel bad for every family that had to see that filth
                                          dude, where is my milkshake!

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X