X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offensive Clothing...

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
    I thought so...
    Isn't it nice when people invade a Disney park and proceed to disrupt and despoil a wholesome family atmosphere?

But then that's rather the point, isn't it?
    Last edited by Magenta Panther; 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
      I am always in the minority when it comes to issues such as these. It seems that I am bothered by bad language, and dirty jokes more than the average person. Especially more than many people here at MiceChat.

Most of the time, I just stay away from these topics. I realize that I am not going to change anybody's mind. They do have a right to their opinions, and their lifestyles.

Considering my age of 62, I have seen a lot of wardrobe changes over the years. I remember when I went to high school. Girls could not wear pants of any kind. Over the years that has definitely changed.

Recently my grandson changed his wardrobe. He now wears heavy metal t-shirts almost all of the time. He knows that I don't care for heavy metal music., He knows that a few of his shirts would rub me the wrong way, and so he doesn't wear them around me. I didn't censor his wardrobe, he did that all on his own. I do appreciate the fact that he thinks about my feelings in this way.

It's another one of those issues that isn't all good or bad. Sometimes we have to learn when to pick our battles. Respect works both ways.
      Sounds like your grandson is a good kid.

The thing is, too few people respect childhood, or the very notion of childhood innocence anymore. You see this especially in TV programming, the object of which seems to be to "educate" kids about certain things before their parents or teachers can. Frankly, I'm beginning to think that the Disney organization doesn't respect childhood innocence either. At the very least, the parks should be a haven from the crassness and crudity of the outside world. That's surely what Walt intended. Shame on the current management of Disney for not protecting the image and purpose of "the happiest place on earth".

Comment

Personally, I think those shirts are funny!

I once saw a woman pushing a baby stroller, with a toddler on her hand, at DL, wearing a shirt that said all over the whole shirt. THAT is offensive to me when I had my small kids with me. Not what you mentioned.

Comment

I have zero input on whether or not the incidence of offensive shirts is at all correlated to Gay Days. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even been to the park during that time. But it seems pretty straightforward to me that, regardless of what day of the year it is and regardless of one's own opinions, it's just (not-so-)common decency to avoid wearing clothing that's sexual, vulgar, or disrespectful to a given group of people. It's not really productive to wear that sort of clothing in the parks anyway...when was the last time someone changed their mind on an issue because they saw someone wearing a shirt? Can't say I've ever called anyone out on it, as I actually haven't seen too many cases of this, but especially if I had children with me in the park, I might say something to someone wearing a particularly horrid article of clothing.

EDIT: I see the thread's been litterboxed. Probably for the best, I suppose.
          Last edited by Datameister; 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I think the most offensive shirt I seen was at World of Disney. It said, "I'm bringing Grumpy back". I mean why bring Grumpy back during these tough times. Why not bring Happy back, maybe even some Sleepy, at least a little Dopey.

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta Panther View Post
              Isn't it nice when people invade a Disney park and proceed to disrupt and despoil a wholesome family atmosphere?

But then that's rather the point, isn't it?
              You're painting with a pretty broad brush there, Magenta Panther.

Last time I checked, Disneyland was open to pretty much anyone who can pay the $72 to get in. And I was there both days this weekend. I saw no disruptions .... just familes of ALL types enjoying a lovely California weekend. We should all be able to enjoy that.
              One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
              Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

sorry everyone.....

Didn't mean to do all THIS.
                All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Insulting red T-Shirts from gay days?

I posted this here for subject matter:

I remembered that some people were wearing some pretty insulting red T-shirts, during gay days. I Also remembered that back when DL was still young, that people who were wearing offensive T-Shirts were usually not allowed in the park. What happened to modesty?

Timekeeper
                  sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                  Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Re: Insulting red T-Shirts from gay days?

How were you insulted?

Comment

Re: Insulting red T-Shirts from gay days?

I personally didn't see any insulting shirts there unless you are of course insulted by shirts promoting Gay Rights and Gay Days.

If so ... tough.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X