Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved From Tahitian Terrace Thread (Off Topic Posts)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved From Tahitian Terrace Thread (Off Topic Posts)

MOD NOTE: OFF TOPIC POSTS MOVED OUT OF ORIGINAL THREAD

Hey, all you big spenders who want to spend, and spend, and spend, and spend, and are still willing to spend and spend and spend and spend and spend to have something cool like the Tahitian Terrace come back:

Remember that the poor people, the average working schlubs in the kitchen who can't afford that overpriced meal you're so eager to pony up the cash to get, are spitting in your food as a way of saying "thank you for pricing this experience right out of my budget!"

Yeah, enjoy your meal.

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will ever be on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Clas

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
    Hey, all you big spenders who want to spend, and spend, and spend, and spend, and are still willing to spend and spend and spend and spend and spend to have something cool like the Tahitian Terrace come back:

Remember that the poor people, the average working schlubs in the kitchen who can't afford that overpriced meal you're so eager to pony up the cash to get, are spitting in your food as a way of saying "thank you for pricing this experience right out of my budget!"

Yeah, enjoy your meal.
    What the heck! Why don't you get a scholarship with your good grades and educate yourself so you don't have to work in the kitchen anymore?

I can afford a $45 meal now. Twenty years ago, I was saving for college by working two jobs while I was in high school. Back then, I was willing to work as a dishwasher in a neighborhood restaurant. After hard work and school I have job skills and never have to work like that again.

So instead of being stuck where your at and envious of others, step back and make a game plan on how to get yourself there.

Yeah, enjoy your life! Don't waste it spitting and being spiteful in a kitchen.

Comment

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will ever be on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Clas

Yeah, enjoy your meal.
      When I was in college, I worked at restaurants where I couldn't afford to eat. Both HOH and service. Nobody ever spit in the food just because we couldn't afford it. We were stoked when prices went up, because that meant bigger gratuities. In fact, the only place I worked where people did actually spit in the food was Taco Bell, and there, everyone working there could afford a few items off the menu at a time.
      Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
      The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Yeah, enjoy your meal.
        Are you kidding me?

Where would those "poor schlubs in the kitchen" be if the so called "big spenders" didn't spend, and spend and spend and spend?

Where would they be if the -big spenders- decided to just stuff all their dollars under a mattress?

This isn't economics 101, it's not even home economics......it's common sense!

Besides, I catch someone spitting in my food and they better run far, far, far, far away
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Re: Moved From Tahitian Terrace Thread (Off Topic Posts)

Well, at least it didn't get dumped into Debate
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Somebody spit in my Taco Bell!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

WTF? What brought this on all of a sudden? And, where do you work? None of us wants to frequent that place if you spit in the food because you can't afford to eat there. What a mature mentality you're carting around there!

When I was young, I worked in a fish and chips joint when I went to school. I had a blast at that job and at NO time did we ever spit in food or act like that. We did our jobs in a way that was respectful, even if we were in our late teens. You seem to need to find a different line of work. Maybe a garbage man?

And, what does this have to do with Tahitian Terrace?

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                Well, at least it didn't get dumped into Debate
                Amen Jeff! :lol:

Comment

It's like a Debaters Reunion in here anyways :lol: Nice work, guys.

Comment

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

If you can afford a $45 meal and wouldn't think twice about dropping that kind of cash to satisfy your hunger in a single setting, then you can afford to also donate that $45 to ensure that multiple people who are going hungry right in this country can eat, too.

I might be able to afford an expensive meal on a very special occasion, too (or I might not; my finances are none of your damned business, and yours are none of mine, thanks for the TMI), but announcing to the world that you're not only willing but eager to blow wads of cash on filling your gut is extremely tacky and emblematic of poor home training. Whee, so you got cash to burn. You want a medal? Don't make the rest of us also have to pay the price for your willingness to overindulge.

Comment

emblematic of poor home training

That's quite the charge from somebody who admits to spitting in his customer's food.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Comment

If you can afford a $45 meal and wouldn't think twice about dropping that kind of cash to satisfy your hunger in a single setting, then you can afford to also donate that $45 to ensure that multiple people who are going hungry right in this country can eat, too.
                          I can afford to do both. Not bragging. But we already gave livestock.

Meaningful Gifts | Heifer International Online Gift Catalog

Comment

I might be able to afford an expensive meal on a very special occasion, too (or I might not; my finances are none of your damned business, and yours are none of mine, thanks for the TMI), but announcing to the world that you're not only willing but eager to blow wads of cash on filling your gut is extremely tacky and emblematic of poor home training. Whee, so you got cash to burn. You want a medal? Don't make the rest of us also have to pay the price for your willingness to overindulge.
                            @ bold: why is it necessary to use bad words to get your point across? It isn't.

Anyways, if you don't want to spend that much money on food, then don't, but if people want to spend their paycheck on nice food, what is it any of your business? Maybe they're there for a special occasion, or they just want a different experience at that particular restaurant. That's like telling Disney fans that they shouldn't buy an annual pass, and instead should donate the money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich at all, I'm not against donations to the poor. I get free lunch at school because my family doesn't make enough money, but think about what your saying. You say that people should spit in customers' food if they pay an amount of money that you think overpriced, but then you say how much you make is none of our business? It's none of your business what people want to spend on a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                              WTF? What brought this on all of a sudden? And, where do you work? None of us wants to frequent that place if you spit in the food because you can't afford to eat there. What a mature mentality you're carting around there!

When I was young, I worked in a fish and chips joint when I went to school. I had a blast at that job and at NO time did we ever spit in food or act like that. We did our jobs in a way that was respectful, even if we were in our late teens. You seem to need to find a different line of work. Maybe a garbage man?

And, what does this have to do with Tahitian Terrace?
                              It has everything to do with Tahitian Terrace. I enjoyed going to the Tahitian Terrace when I was a kid, too, and I'd love to be able to experience that again. I'd also like for it to be AFFORDABLE for the average working American, like it once was. Any idiot can overprice food, especially in California. I don't want to eat any idiot's overpriced food. (If I did, I'd go to Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills.) I want the Tahitian Terrace, and I want it at a reasonable, affordable price.

Reacting as if you're really in a restaurant, sitting there waiting for your meal, and I'm really in the back, making it, and actually spitting in your food while u wait, means that you don't get the rhetoric.

It's because of people who have been all too willing to overspend and pay outrageous sums on the most basic things that have caused the good life I enjoyed as a kid to disappear into the ether. And if my resentment at that shows, I apologize, but it's because of attitudes like the ones in this thread that have made it damn near impossible for me to experience even a hint of my youth without it extracting a major cost for me. And that's damned annoying.

The whole bit about spitting in the food is symbolic of the resentment that the working poor feel toward the people who so arrogantly flaunt their wealth, which was wealth made on the backs of the very same working poor you seek to deny the enjoyment of a place like the Tahitian Terrace.

This exclusivity attitude disgusts me, and I speak out against it when I see it. If we're not all Americans and all deserving of the good life, then we're us vs. them, and enemies. And so having your food spat into while you pat yourself on the back for being oh-so-brilliant at being able to afford an outrageously priced meal (which probably only really costs a fraction of the price you're so willing to pay) is a small price for YOU to pay.

Don't like it? Fine. Don't advocate price increases, especially while the economy is in the dumps and millions of people are out of work.

Comment

We're Americans, and that comes with freedom. But that also comes with the freedom to get a low paying job, a high paying job, and pay cheap food or overpriced food

Comment

As a liberal Democrat, your attitude is making me think maybe there's no point in helping the poor. Your sense of entitlement, and lack of respect for others who work hard and earn a good living is unbelievable. I believe in giving people a break, an opportunity to work hard and acheive the American dream. But you don't get it gift wrapped with a bow without extending yourself as well.

Comment

As a liberal Democrat, your attitude is making me think . . .
                                    Come on folks, don't make me move this already moved discussion to the Debate Lounge.

You know better than that!

:rules:
                                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                    Save

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                                      @ bold: why is it necessary to use bad words to get your point across? It isn't.
                                      Are you serious? Listen, even Walt used words like "damned," which is a G-rated word (don't believe me? See the G-rated Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Has the word in it.). In fact, he used even bluer words.

Also, stop trying to mother me. My mother's passed on, thanks, and she did a great job. I don't need you or anyone else to mother me. I'll speak how I like, as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the board.

It's necessary, because this is how I express my passion.

Anyways, if you don't want to spend that much money on food, then don't,
                                      Really. Well, if you don't like how I express myself, don't read it.

but if people want to spend their paycheck on nice food, what is it any of your business?
                                      Because other people spending more than is necessary puts it into the mind of the supplier that he can increase his price. This makes it more difficult for me.

Yes, shocking, I know, but what you do actually does have an effect on others. Despite what you may have been taught, you do not live in a vacuum.

Maybe they're there for a special occasion, or they just want a different experience at that particular restaurant. That's like telling Disney fans that they shouldn't buy an annual pass, and instead should donate the money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich at all, I'm not against donations to the poor. I get free lunch at school because my family doesn't make enough money, but think about what your saying. You say that people should spit in customers' food if they pay an amount of money that you think overpriced, but then you say how much you make is none of our business? It's none of your business what people want to spend on a meal.
                                      It is if it makes it harder for me to afford that meal.

Do I also not deserve a nice meal at Tahitian Terrace? Or is that sort of thing only reserved for people with lots and lots of money?

See, you're worried about me spitting into food. But nobody seems to mind spitting on the working poor. THAT, everyone is just fine and dandy with.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                        As a liberal Democrat, your attitude is making me think maybe there's no point in helping the poor. Your sense of entitlement, and lack of respect for others who work hard and earn a good living is unbelievable. I believe in giving people a break, an opportunity to work hard and acheive the American dream. But you don't get it gift wrapped with a bow without extending yourself as well.
                                        Hand up, not a handout. Make it affordable. Is that asking for too much?

Apparently it is.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X