This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot/Rude Encounters

You all know you have encountered an idiot in the parks before. Share a few moments where you were just like "Wow. What an idiot!"

One time my family and I were waiting in line for Soarin' at DCA, in the part just outside of the Theater with the TVs. Yeah. So this girl held up 2 FastPasses for Screamin' and said "Anyone want two fast passes to Screamin'?" So then this middle aged woman said "We would like them!" It looked like she was there with her husband. But then suddenly, some large man ran behind the woman giving out the FP's and snatched them from her hand and ran away up the queue. Yep. What an idiot.

So what are some of your experiences?

Re: Idiot Encounters

My last visit to the parks I had some good laughs at the "idiots" in a few ride lines. Multiple people on Big Thunder refused to walk up the right set of stairs because it was apparently "the fastpass line". Same thing happened on Matterhorn where people refused to get into the Fantasyland side of the covered queue because they thought it was Fastpass only.

They weren't rude idiots, just wrong about their assumptions

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
      My last visit to the parks I had some good laughs at the "idiots" in a few ride lines. Multiple people on Big Thunder refused to walk up the right set of stairs because it was apparently "the fastpass line". Same thing happened on Matterhorn where people refused to get into the Fantasyland side of the covered queue because they thought it was Fastpass only.

They weren't rude idiots, just wrong about their assumptions
      Isn't that a good thing for them? :P

Comment

I don't know if people are idiots or just clueless (or are those interchangeable?) but one of the last times I was in the park, a father pushing one of those double strollers (the two seats were in front of each other, not side-by-side, so it was longer than a regular stroller) decided to turn it sideways and stop in the middle of foot traffic. But I imagine that is a popular complaint here :P

Comment

When I'm at the main console position at TSMM during non-busy times or special events where the line doesn't even make it to the 3D glass distribution, it always happens that guests arrive in the station without their 3D glasses. The only way this would happen is if they undid the chains and comepletely bypassed the 3D glasses, thinking they were saving themselves 10 seconds out of their time and get to the front of the line faster.

So just as they enter the station without their glasses, I joyfully tell them to go all the way back and get their 3D glasses and to not take down our chains. This basically doubles the amount of time they would've used up by just going through the line as they were supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
            You all know you have encountered an idiot in the parks before. Share a few moments where you were just like "Wow. What an idiot!"

One time my family and I were waiting in line for Soarin' at DCA, in the part just outside of the Theater with the TVs. Yeah. So this girl held up 2 FastPasses for Screamin' and said "Anyone want two fast passes to Screamin'?" So then this middle aged woman said "We would like them!" It looked like she was there with her husband. But then suddenly, some large man ran behind the woman giving out the FP's and snatched them from her hand and ran away up the queue. Yep. What an idiot.

So what are some of your experiences?
            My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_zavala/

Comment

One time I was waiting at the Main Street train station. A group was trying to get to the benches to wait for the train, but they just couldn't figure out how to get through that fence! So we told them that they had to go around through the train station. It actually still took them several minutes to figure it out.

They sat next to us on the bench. As I'm sure most of you know, the view from there is fantastic, you can see much of DCA and the entrance plaza. Well, one of the people in the group pointed to the Tower of Terror and asked her group "Which hotel is that?"

An acceptable error.

Another person in their party replied: "Oh, that's that hotel that burned down! I saw all about it on the news! It's terrible that they leave it there! What a tragedy!"

Of course, they sat behind us on the train and argued the whole time about where they were supposed to get off to go to Bear Country (I informed them at NOS that this was their stop, so at least I didn't have to listen to them for long).

Comment

All of my family members call it Autotopia. Enough said.
                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

The other day around 5:30 I was in NOS and a group of people were just heading in to Club 33. I casually strolled by to get a peek inside, when this whirlwind wearing a backpack stormed in front of me and smacked me with it, exclaiming to the hostess, "Can I please look at the elevator in there?"

Oh excuse me, I'm sorry, I forgot that you were the only person at Disneyland today!

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post

They sat next to us on the bench. As I'm sure most of you know, the view from there is fantastic, you can see much of DCA and the entrance plaza. Well, one of the people in the group pointed to the Tower of Terror and asked her group "Which hotel is that?"

An acceptable error.

Another person in their party replied: "Oh, that's that hotel that burned down! I saw all about it on the news! It's terrible that they leave it there! What a tragedy!"
                    That's a good one! )

I did see this idiot doing some really dumb things on my last visit....he just didn't "get it."

For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

For me, one time, I was walking in fantasyland(though the castle gate), when I heard a person saying, "Sleeping Beauty Castle has a apartment inside." I can forgive that person for misinformation.

but it's when some people believe that when they enter, they not lose anything. Not true, people(this does not apply to YOU, this applys to very foolish people.) , what you might lose is "thirty IQ points for entering the main gate"(I read this from a book). Anyway, I am not attacking any people on this thread.

Timekeeper
                      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

my turn!

so me and my friends were in line for GRR and there was like an asian mom and her little boy (i don't know if they were foreign or just came to this country, but they didn't seem to know the american culture) and all of a sudden, the mother just got out of line without her child! we were wondering what this mother was thinking and if she was ever going to come back. and this poor child was just standing in line. she eventually came back 30 minutes later or so.

we wanted to like slap the mother for leaving her child like that.
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

A few weeks ago I decided to go single rider on Indy. As I was walking through the exit entering the cave that goes into the inside part of the queue, a guest started yelling at me, "This is the exit!" I just ignores him and went on.

Comment

Last year, day before thanksgiving, I watched some parents think it was "cute" that their ~11 month old child was crawling, so they let the baby crawl from Tarzans treehouse, down the slight hill toward Pirates, for about 100ft before someone pushing a stroller cut in front of them, nearly trampling the child.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
                              I don't understand how that makes your family members idiots, seeing as how that mispronunciation is common and not that big of a deal...

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                              A few weeks ago I decided to go single rider on Indy. As I was walking through the exit entering the cave that goes into the inside part of the queue, a guest started yelling at me, "This is the exit!" I just ignores him and went on.
                              I had this happen to me multiple times, but instead of walking on I tell them that I have a single rider pass. They soon shut up and then I continue walking .

I have two Thunder Mountain stories:

- This kid had a half full bottle of water with him, and we were by the goat he decided to throw it toward Big Thunder Mountain Trail. His mom just laughed and continued riding while my friend and I were like, "Wow, you could've hurt someone if that possibly made it to the walkway." The mom scolded us for saying that to her child, but then we proceeded to scold her for not teaching discipline.

- Another child/parent idiot story... This girl about 12 years old kept standing up and reaching out for things through the ride. The CM kept coming over the announcement (at least 3 times) to tell her to sit down and to keep her hands inside the vehicle. She didn't listen, stuck her arm out, voice came over the PA, and the parents just sat there laughing. Her dad even gave her a hug! I was sitting there shaking my head and staring. The girl saw me and her smile soon turned into a "Oh crap" face.

Comment

At the trick or treat party this weekend the three of us (me, wife, 2yr old daughter) were seated along the parade route in the front row. There was also a family of 5 people to my right and a mom and her 2 toddlers to my left. So there's a party of 6 people with a side-by-side double seat stroller loitering in the middle of the path directly in front of us. So the parade starts to make it's way up to our spot and the first CMs approach the group, talks to them briefly, and proceeds down the route. The group start looking around their general area and by now of course all of the parade seating is all taken. So now one of the event managers runs up to the group and points them down the path obviously telling them to move further down the way because the parade is coming. So instead of following his directions the group hurredly runs to us and starts pushing themselves in so that they are behind the line but in front of us. The manager tells the mom of that group that they can't stand there because they are over the line so logically of course this lady starts tossing and shoving her group members into us even more, one of her kids steps on my hands, the toddler next to me got some fat guy's butt in her face and someone in that group is yelling at us to move back. I literally almost tossed my daughter, whom I was holding at the time, behind me so that she wouldn't get run over by these people but fortunately my wife knew what was up and snatched her back towards the bench.

Instead of shoving these people back I got up, grabbed their stroller, and started pushing it down the path and yelling at the lady to get her people and move the eff on. Before the opportnity for a confrontation breaks out the manager grabs the stroller from me and demandingly tells the group to follow him down the path. I ran back to my spot and apologized to the people around me for dropping the f bomb to which I heard alot of the guests acknowledge how dumb those people had been acting.
                                Last edited by WestsideCM99; 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

and there was this on guy in our group (choir trip) that just joined our group cause he sat behind us on the bus, he was ok, til i realized that everytime i was in his presence he would get violent (we found out that he liked me)
                                  and so to show that he liked me, he dumped about 1/4 of his water bottle on my head.
                                  then he almost dumped a sprite too.
                                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
                                    lol...that gets said more than youd believe. and instead of Fantasmic, it gets called Fantasia. There are just too many story to remember, but you got to just look back and laugh.
                                    Last edited by karebear286; 11-02-2009, 03:38 PM. Reason: lol..misspell
                                    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

Yeah, and instead of Fantamic, I call it Fantasmic!

(It's fixed now.)
                                      Last edited by dfan07; 11-02-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: karebear286 fixed typo LOL

Comment

Oh man this is probably the most idiotic moment I've ever experienced at the park:

I was standing in line with my family during the grand reopening of the recently remodeled Pirates of the Carribean ride a few years ago, and of course my family is from Honduras and I have tan skin as well because of my mother's genetics, so this hispanic man comes out of nowhere and stands near us in line and then proceeds to call his family in Spanish, here was the translation according to my mom:

"Hey, I found a group of people that look like us, come over to this spot in line, it'll save time".

After hearing this, my mom called him out, and when a woman behind us asked what was going on, my mom told her what he was planning to do and the guy with the best "Oh Crap" face ever, proceeds to go back to his family in shame.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X