This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in PPP (Pixar Play Parade)

Why must they squirt heavy drops of water on the viewing guests?

I personally like to take pics/video while viewing Disneyland's entertainment offerings. It really enhances the experience for me, personally, as it does for so many others.

However, I can't do this for PPP without worrying if a huge, heavy drop of Disney water is going to splash on my camera.

My question to you all is, do you think the water is a plus to the parade?

Also, I tend to enjoy spots in the shade when waiting for parades. Shade+large amounts of water (especially when the parade slows almost to a stop at some segments) is not a comfortable situation.

re: Water in PPP (Pixar Play Parade)

I'm just thankful there is a REAL parade, I'm not going to complain!

Comment

Yes, the water adds to the parade. It's something that hasn't really been done before and a good portion of people LOVE it.

While I do agree that the water can be a pain in the butt, they warn you ahead of time that there is water in the parade and usually that raises a red flag that you should keep an eye out for personal belongings.

My advice: See this parade when the water isn't going.... AKA Right now. The water probably won't be turned back on until March/April.

Comment

Now would be a good time for those who don't like the water to enjoy the Pixar Play Parade without water.

Otherwise, it's a water Parade... I personally enjoy it from a distance, though it seems like the majority of people who are watching it right at the line are having a great time with all the many different ways they're getting hit by the water.

Comment

I would not mind smaller streams of water, something closer to a mist. I don't like what PPP does though, because you can end up getting hosed (literally). If I wanted to get soaked, I would be on GRR.

I think it's a shame because the floats are very detailed. If you don't want to get wet, you must stand further away from the parade, and thus miss some of the details.

I think they should put in "dry" zones and "wet" zones on the parade route, with signs indicating something like "this is a wet zone. As the parade passes, you will get wet. If you wish to view the parade without getting wet, please view the parade at _______"

Comment

Not once have I ever gotten "soaked" watching this parade (and I follow the nozzles a majority of the time when I watch it) so that is an over-exaggeration. It's a squirt of water. It's a fun parade and the water even makes it that much more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentLover View Post
              I would not mind smaller streams of water, something closer to a mist. I don't like what PPP does though, because you can end up getting hosed (literally). If I wanted to get soaked, I would be on GRR.

I think it's a shame because the floats are very detailed. If you don't want to get wet, you must stand further away from the parade, and thus miss some of the details.

I think they should put in "dry" zones and "wet" zones on the parade route, with signs indicating something like "this is a wet zone. As the parade passes, you will get wet. If you wish to view the parade without getting wet, please view the parade at _______"
              The Dry/Wet Zone idea wouldn't work at all because the nozzles go off at random times, some of the performers have water guns that control the water, and also if the parade were to say break down, malfunction, or go slower/faster then usual then regardless of if you're in a dry zone you'd get wet.

And like Kritter said, I've never been soaked (unless my friends in the parades make it a priority).

Comment

and the water dances!!!!

Comment

We were there a couple of weeks ago and saw it again. It didn't have any water just bubbles.
                  www.mousespace.org

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "PPP"? I checked the Glossary but didn't find it. :shy:

Comment

Pixar Play Parade

Comment

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                        Pardon my ignorance, but what is "PPP"? I checked the Glossary but didn't find it. :shy:
                        Pixar Play Parade at DCA.

EDIT: Kritter, you beat me to it!

Comment

Come on, water is fun! Play, play, play parade...
                          Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                            Why must they squirt heavy drops of water on the viewing guests?

I personally like to take pics/video while viewing Disneyland's entertainment offerings. It really enhances the experience for me, personally, as it does for so many others.

However, I can't do this for PPP without worrying if a huge, heavy drop of Disney water is going to splash on my camera.

My question to you all is, do you think the water is a plus to the parade?

Also, I tend to enjoy spots in the shade when waiting for parades. Shade+large amounts of water (especially when the parade slows almost to a stop at some segments) is not a comfortable situation.
                            A little mist isn't so bad, BUT I really HATE all the water in this parade. Just keep it on bubble mode all the time - easy fix. This parade would go up in the ranks if squirting the guests and hosing them down wasn't part of it. I often thought about bringing my own watergun to hose down the parade myself, anytime they get my camera lens wet.

I think some of the float are nicely done, but they need to keep Remy and Rats in the parade, If they are going to cut down on the costs, CUT OUT THE WATER.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                              Pixar Play Parade
                              Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
                              Pixar Play Parade at DCA.

EDIT: Kritter, you beat me to it!
                              Thank you!

Comment

It's a great summer parade. It's excellent for little kids, especially boys--exactly what it was directed towards. Trust me, when it's 95 degrees out, it's all worth it.
                                "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Re: Water in PPP (Pixar Play Parade)

I personally witnessed someone get a soaked arm cast while watching this parade, no bueno. I understand the water can be fun, but in small doses. I am not a fan of being literally soaked while watching it and yes it has happened a couple times.
                                  This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                                  You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                                  LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

haha. I don't know where ANY of you have been sitting if you got soaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                                      haha. I don't know where ANY of you have been sitting if you got soaked.
                                      Why do people like you question what people post? It's something I see happening in every thread now and it's really irking me.

And to answer your question, the front row of the seating area because I wanted good pictures.
                                      This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                                      You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                                      LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

-sigh-

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X