This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many has been kicked off MiceChat SO Far

I was just wondering how many ppl have been kicked off of here in the short time that Mice Chat has been around?
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Beats me, Kyle... I can't figure out the point/rating system... the FAQ is vague about it.

I think the more points you have the more power you wield on both positive and negative ratings. I received ONE negative remark on a thread due to a misinterpretation of a response I made in a thread a few weeks ago and fell by over 90 points into a negative rating. Thankfully, the misunderstanding was resolved, and quickly, but I found it odd that one strike could almost take away my ability to participate on the boards.

Comment

two have been banned to my knowledge for violations of the user agreement. I don't know if anyone has been banned necause of negative rep yet.
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I saw one person with neg rep, and I also saw a spammer banned, but other than that I haven't seen anyone else!
        Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
        Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Well friends, I'll tell ya, bans aren't forever. Very often middle management makes mistakes in these matters. The real man in charge is Dusty. It's not too complicated really, read the required set of rules prior to creating an account, and practice the behavior that you agreed upon. Sometimes rules are bent in order to persecute those who have a stronger voice than others; a more exciting, enticing, engaging writing/speaking ability. It is not a crime that these people are restricted from further use of the privledges given to them by the administrators, but it a crime if they roll over. Whether you agree or disagree with what a person has to say, as long as it is within the parameters of the guidelines set forth, no harm no foul.
          And as Voltaire so proudly said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Adieux!
          Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

The only way to get banned for life from here is be worse than me.....

Then your gone... I only get saved by some people...

(check my own forums.. I have a neg rep..)

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
              I was just wondering how many ppl have been kicked off of here in the short time that Mice Chat has been around?
              Not many. Spammers, and sock puppets. We really just let the members do the moderating. And they seem to be doing a pretty good job at it.

I wish more people weren't afraid to use the negative rep button when they feel that someone is harming the boards or making personal attacks on others. It sure would make our job easier.

-Dusty
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

Mmmm-Kay, So what is so bad about a sock puppet? I have heard this referred to many times, and I just don't get what happened.

Can someone explain the "Sock Puppet-Gate" scandal to me?
                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

How many of you have wondered how I have lasted s long?
                  >>Alan<<
                  Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                    How many of you have wondered how I have lasted s long?
                    The thought hasn't croseed my mind. You have not given me a moment of worry.
                    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Bans aren't really affective in the first place because you can just sign up for another micechat account with a different email address.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Bans aren't really affective in the first place because you can just sign up for another micechat account with a different email address.
                        This would be a perfect example of sock puppetry. Even though someone is banned does not mean that we can't see the IP address. If we find that a banned member has created a sock-puppet, then the IP addrress(es) used by that person would be banned.

There are ways around the system, we would appreciate people not using them.
                        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                          This would be a perfect example of sock puppetry. Even though someone is banned does not mean that we can't see the IP address. If we find that a banned member has created a sock-puppet, then the IP addrress(es) used by that person would be banned.
                          But most ISPs give a dynamic IP when you logon. So in theory, banning is still not that affective. You just have to hope that the 'ban' scares the person out of being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                            But most ISPs give a dynamic IP when you logon. So in theory, banning is still not that affective. You just have to hope that the 'ban' scares the person out of being stupid.
                            Let's just hope that no one will have to figure out back doors around the MiceChat rules.

NO GOATS!

Comment

There ARE other ways to find sock puppets too

Comment

Would it not be better not to get one's self banned in the first place?

Comment

It's usually best not to get banned, if for no other reason, to continue your rampage

Comment

Once again...can someone please explain to little ole me, what the heck this sock puppet business is??
                                    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

A sock puppet is basically a second active account- you are only allowed to have one.
                                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                      Help support the site you love:
                                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Ahh. Thank you.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X