Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Taboo/Alcohol in the Parks (Merged)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Taboo/Alcohol in the Parks (Merged)

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-booze-mk.html

WDW has decided to start serving alcohol in the Be Our Guest restaurant. How long you figure before it gets to DL? I give it one year or less from the opening of the restaurant in Florida.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

re: The Last Taboo/Alcohol in the Parks (Merged)

I'd say never. Why Disneyland when you have DCA just across the way?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Technically, alcohol is served at Club 33 which is becoming more and more accessible. That being said, I'd really love to limit the alcohol there and not have it available anywhere else in the park. I've accepted the fact that it's in DCA, but it's not really my favorite idea ever.

Comment

I have never met anyone in DCA that I wouldn't want to be around due to the alcohol issue. Hopefully, if alcohol is allowed in DL people will just be enjoying a drink with their meal. It's too expensive for us to buy more than a drink or two the whole trip anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
          I have never met anyone in DCA that I wouldn't want to be around due to the alcohol issue. Hopefully, if alcohol is allowed in DL people will just be enjoying a drink with their meal. It's too expensive for us to buy more than a drink or two the whole trip anyway!
          I agree. I've never seen people acting drunk in DCA. Heck, even in Epcot, where alcohol is offered from almost each of the nations.

Besides, if people really wanted to be drunk in the parks they could sneak in their own.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
          Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
          Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
          Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

I don't like the idea, personally.

HOWEVER, in six years of going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg (That's Busch, the beer company), I have NEVER seen a case even coming close to inebriation.

Comment

DL served us drinks at my wife's appreciation party. Free drinks!
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Alcohol isn't the problem.

People are the problem.

Comment

A non-issue, it's a ridiculous rule. I hope they extend alcohol to many other locations across Disneyland, something they should have done across all their parks years ago.

Comment

So it seems, even Disneylanders THEMSELVES, feel it's OK to discard the LAST of Walt's traditions. Charming.

Comment

I'm not posting my opinion here. My opinion is clearly on the other thread. I'm for it.

I think if people really wanted to get hammered, they'd go to happy hour at a local nightclub or something.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                        I'd say never. Why Disneyland when you have DCA just across the way?
                        There are also 3 other parks and two water parks just a short bus or monorail ride away there.
                        Originally posted by choco choco View Post
                        A non-issue, it's a ridiculous rule. I hope they extend alcohol to many other locations across Disneyland, something they should have done across all their parks years ago.
                        To some of us it is an issue. We would like to see some of Walt's ideals still upheld in the parks. Heaven knows Disney abandoned most of the others.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Sigh........

The Disney company really doesn't understand that park that Walt created anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            There are also 3 other parks and two water parks just a short bus or monorail ride away there.
                            Funny how it's so unbearable and miserable to use the transportation when it's because you need to get somewhere.. but if you just want a drink while in the MK it's a reasonable trip....

To some of us it is an issue. We would like to see some of Walt's ideals still upheld in the parks. Heaven knows Disney abandoned most of the others.
                            So you support banning guys with long hair too?

Are Walt's social ideals from the 50s timeless and applicable for all time going forward? How does anyone know the opinion of the man about how things should be NOW?
                            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                              Funny how it's so unbearable and miserable to use the transportation when it's because you need to get somewhere.. but if you just want a drink while in the MK it's a reasonable trip....
                              Where did that come from? I never said anything was wrong with the transportation at Disney World. In fact, I use it to park hop all the time when I go.

If you really think that's necessary, I can support it, but I think you may have a hard time enforcing it. I do agree with you though that it would be nice to have the guests get back to a more conservative look. Maybe then you wouldn't have shirts that instigated the recent profanity thread.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Where did that come from? I never said anything was wrong with the transportation at Disney World. In fact, I use it to park hop all the time when I go.
                                Was more an aside... the argument that its just around the corner relies on the premise that things are easy to reach. A common complaint against the transportation network at WDW.

If you really think that's necessary, I can support it, but I think you may have a hard time enforcing it.
                                It's an example of a policy of Walt that really isn't socially tolerable in this current age. If we were to blindly follow his social thoughts and standards.. Disney would be pissing off a lot more people than being worried about a glass of wine at dinner.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

This is the original source.

"And just for dinner, select wines and beers will be offered that complement the French-inspired cuisine."

It's been clear with this location they are trying to upscale the dining experience. It may be an indication that Blue Bayour will need wine and beer to compete with Napa Rose and Carthay Cirlle Restaurant. The lack of fine drinks may be holding BB back.
                                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

This is very different. Today's society is so open that a person can look and be whoever and whatever they want where that appearance has nothing to do with the personality or behavior of the person or the group of people they surround themselves with. Unless a look is directly offensive or lewd (see the recent profanity thread) the unique look of a people in a modern park does not effect the original family oriented intent of Disneyland.

Personally I have no problem with alcohol at a theme park (I think that people in excess of 99% of the time are responsible drinkers especially in a public arena), but in the case of Disneyland I feel that is has an intent that warrants an absence of alcohol beyond the case of drunkenness. Drinking to me gives a atmosphere that is not the perfect family park that Walt envisioned. It's an activity which is inherently adult and unnecessary. You should cherish your time in Disneyland as a time to go back to your family roots, which to me is an alcohol free environment. In contrast people can still look however they want and be a perfect family in their own unique way.

Comment

Originally posted by TTN View Post
                                      This is very different.[
                                      No it's not. The entire argument about no alcohol in the park is solely based on it was Walt's intention for the park during the 50s and 60s. Well, Walt also had opinions and park policies on dress and long hair too. If we want to hold onto one based PURELY on his attitude at that point in time, why is it you get to pick and chose which we follow blindly, and which are suitable to move beyond because they do not fit society today? Society has changed regarding alcohol too.

Originally posted by TTN View Post
                                      Drinking to me gives a atmosphere that is not the perfect family park that Walt envisioned. It's an activity which is inherently adult and unnecessary. You should cherish your time in Disneyland as a time to go back to your family roots, which to me is an alcohol free environment. In contrast people can still look however they want and be a perfect family in their own unique way.
                                      It's a noble thought - but when watching World of Color, or ride Soarin, do you really feel the show is less family friendly or you have less desire to be there because elsewhere in the park they sell alcohol?

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

I highly doubt anyone would really want to get totally wasted at the parks. One, it would be way too expensive to have one too many, (let alone just one) and two, drinking in the parks was just never really a problem. Even during the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot, which has endless booze. I trust most people can handle themselves, especially when they're on vacation. And even then, excess booze isn't the case here. It'll just be a nice drink to go with the meal. The only time i'd be concerned about drinking in the park is during Grad Nite. Someone would probably die.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X