This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public urination on plants at Shanghai Disneyland

In many ways (including size, population and diversity) it is not a small world.

One difference is that Chinese are more libertarian and less inhibited about males doing what comes naturally, peeing, particularly when it comes to the wee weeing of wee ones.

The Chinese might not be able to vote for competing parties, but we can vote here. In fact you may vote for more than one option.
    Men & boys will pee everywhere. Get over it.
    23.53%
    Parents will allow young boys to pee on plants.
    23.53%
    The Chinese will politely refrain from public unrination.
    17.65%
    Disney thugs will use terror to prevent public peeing.
    14.71%
    Cameras connected to the internet will dissuade most.
    11.76%
    Cameras will only encourage deviant exhibitionists.
    8.82%

The poll is expired.

Re: Public urination on plants at Shanghai Disneyland

When I visited China last year, I observed a lady letting her young son urinate in public on the sidewalk. A normal practice in China is public spitting. A number of things that may seem shocking to Americans are accepted in other parts of the world. I don't uphold much less like either one, but it seemed to be a normal part of life over there.
    sigpic

Comment

Go green

Originally posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
      When I visited China last year, I observed a lady letting her young son urinate in public on the sidewalk. A normal practice in China is public spitting. A number of things that may seem shocking to Americans are accepted in other parts of the world. I don't uphold much less like either one, but it seemed to be a normal part of life over there.
      I've seen it in Anaheim's Tomorrowland and in S.F.'s Chinatown. It's probably better for the environment than diapers.

I wouldn't recommend it for grown ups though. A student of mine said his brother was arrested for peeing into bushes at a BBQ in L.A. County and had to register as a sex offender for exposing himself.

Comment

During the Disneyland, Anaheim's 5-5-2005 event, the park was packed to full full capacity and my family and I were stuck on mainstreet just next to the hub.

We heard this in spanish:
        the mother: "just do it right here"
        the 5 year old child proceeds to pee...ON MY MOTHER'S SHOES.

My mother was livid to say the least and yelled at the mother for allowing the boy to do that. I know we were all stuck and couldn't really move and if the boy really had to go the least I would have done was grab a blanket (which can be washed) and put it in that area or in his pants and let him go. Not pee on someone else.

Ta Da!

Comment

Public urinating is very normal in mainland China. Also spitting both on streets and inside malls and restaurants.

Comment

Honestly, I think it will be less of a problem imo than the actual courteousness of CMs.

My experience in HKDL has been less than favorable lately, and just today, (I'm back in Beijing btw), I had an encounter with a rude contemporary.

I understand they don't mean to be, but I was offended. However, since I was the guest, I just bit my lip and smiled.

Comment

Sounds gross & I definately don't like it, but if it's their norm then I'm not going to let it bother me.

I might join them for a piss on the Castle's lawn.

-yes I'm joking-

Comment

There is a reason why those countries have mass illnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternMouse View Post
                  While the smell of urine is naturally repulsive to prevent anyone from consuming the stuff, isn't it sterile?

Maybe Disney could embrace this cultural difference and have an outdoor garden, fountain, urination area with lights and lasers so that every urinator could take part in a continuous mini-
                  World of Color when they pee. This would also get Shanghai millions of dollars of free publicity. Websites devoted to photos of people peeing there could attract a whole new element of people to at least this one Disney Park.

And while we're celebrating diversity and cultural differences, I propose a Chinese-Korean fusion restaurant: Pluto's.

Comment

Wow that is too funny ^^^ lol is just not enough
                    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

"The Chinese will politely refrain from public unrination." ...as if

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                        While the smell of urine is naturally repulsive to prevent anyone from consuming the stuff, isn't it sterile?

Maybe Disney could embrace this cultural difference and have an outdoor garden, fountain, urination area with lights and lasers so that every urinator could take part in a continuous mini-
                        World of Color when they pee. This would also get Shanghai millions of dollars of free publicity. Websites devoted to photos of people peeing there could attract a whole new element of people to at least this one Disney Park.

And while we're celebrating diversity and cultural differences, I propose a Chinese-Korean fusion restaurant: Pluto's.
                        lol! Reading that made me realize I don't want to ride any water rides if I ever get to visit.
                        I got a bad mental image of a Splash Mountain drop.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternMouse View Post
                          Exactly.

...although I do like the "World of Color" idea. ( I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted "Thugs." )

They should probably just build a completely unreasonable amount of restrooms there ( double? triple? ) in an effort to say "See? Here! Try one of these!" and if that doesn't work, just throw in the towel and rename the bumper cars as "Chinese Freeway."

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                            Public urinating is very normal in mainland China. Also spitting both on streets and inside malls and restaurants.
                            Gross :P
                            For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Yes it is sterile. Just learned that on an episode of House.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not exactly on topic, but isn't this an abnormally long period of time for a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Marko50 View Post
                                  Not exactly on topic, but isn't this an abnormally long period of time for a poll?
                                  Perhaps... but the Shanghai threads need more time since most of the attention is pointed at dining plans and stroller tips in the WDW forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
                                    I understand they don't mean to be, but I was offended. However, since I was the guest, I just bit my lip and smiled.
                                    I'm a bit confused. As the guest, shouldn't you have the right to be treated nicely?
                                    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

Comment

Lol, I think a fellow member made a thread exactly like this a couple months ago, but it got deleted months later due to complains.

Anyway, I really like that World of Color idea lol. Definitely would be unique.
                                      The Chinese have a strong form of self-entitlement and it isn't gonna stop anytime soo d:

Mass peeing and spitting is gurrenteed

and don't forget about their "left hands", if you know what goes on...

Comment

...I have no idea what I'm reading, lol.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X