This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks to invade, er, be placed in the Market House

So.... with the news that Starbucks will be installed in the Market House, how does everyone feel about it? Good? Bad?
    Keep in mind that it will most likely need seating which may entail the use of some of the space currently occupied by Disneyana. Also, the fire burning stove will need to be removed/relocated. Debate away!

Re: Starbucks to invade, er, be placed in the Market House

I think overall it's a good thing.

Comment

I think the may put a little fence thingy in on east center street for seating area
      im not a coffee person (never have had it before)but I may have to try it once before its gone!
      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

As long as they keep the free refill w/ receipt rule, I'll be happy (though I am not a coffee drinker).
        Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

Another degree or two...

Comment

Originally posted by Right Ear View Post
            As long as they keep the free refill w/ receipt rule, I'll be happy (though I am not a coffee drinker).
            Me too...(I am a major coffee drinker) :P
            For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

This one frustrates me. I love the market house atmosphere and I'm pretty sure the renovations needed for Starbucks is going to destroy it.

From the party line phones, to the checker board, the stove to the free refills. It's not going to be anything like it was and this one is going to leave quite a sting for me.

Comment

Was there a confirming link you can provide? Or did I miss it? Or are we just assuming this will happen because one is in DCA?

If it does happen, I hope they keep the atmosphere of the Market House like the party line phones and the stove.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                  So.... with the news that Starbucks will be installed in the Market House, how does everyone feel about it? Good? Bad?
                  Keep in mind that it will most likely need seating which may entail the use of some of the space currently occupied by Disneyana. Also, the fire burning stove will need to be removed/relocated. Debate away!
                  I wish they could just serve the coffee and keep the themeing the way it is. Overall, this won't affect me as I am not a coffee drinker but I hope that store itself is saved.

Originally posted by clara View Post
                  Was there a confirming link you can provide? Or did I miss it? Or are we just assuming this will happen because one is in DCA?

If it does happen, I hope they keep the atmosphere of the Market House like the party line phones and the stove.
                  It was in this weeks Dateline Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                    Also, the fire burning stove will need to be removed/relocated.
                    Why? They really don't need to do much to the place to make it a Starbuck's location. Just some subtle signage like at the pig place in CA Adventure. If they make seating in the Disnyana store, that is even better as it will keep more people from milling around in the Market House after they get their drinks.

Originally posted by Juni View Post
                    This one frustrates me. I love the market house atmosphere and I'm pretty sure the renovations needed for Starbucks is going to destroy it.
                    I'm not sure why you would think this. The one in CA Adventure in no way screams, "STARBUCK'S!!!" I'm sure this one will be just as subtle and will probably look pretty much the same as it does now. Just a new menue and new vendor.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                      It was in this weeks Dateline Disneyland.
                      Ah, I knew I missed an update somewhere. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                        I'm not sure why you would think this. The one in CA Adventure in no way screams, "STARBUCK'S!!!" I'm sure this one will be just as subtle and will probably look pretty much the same as it does now. Just a new menue and new vendor.
                        I didn't say it would scream starbucks. I said that the renovations needed to make it work for a starbucks on main street would end up destroying the current market house. The space that they have to work with behind the counter is not big enough. They will also want to add in seating to accommodate the guests. A starbucks on main street will also require more queuing space. I can't see a way they are going to do this without basically destroying what is currently there.

It's not about it being starbucks. I love starbucks and I go to the FFP quite often, but the FFP was designed to be a starbucks location, it didn't have one shoehorned into a space not designed for it.

Comment

I think they'll be able to keep most of the decor since removing the merchandise displays will free up some room. They will probably not have as big of a menu as the DCA location since Jolly Holiday has sandwiches and baked goods. My biggest concern would be how busy it will be. Even if they convert Disneyana to seating and continue to use the outdoor seating near the fruit cart while keeping the Market House itself as a queue and waiting area, I could still imagine lines out the door all day.

As for free reills, I would bet this tradition goes away. Ironically, if this was a regular Starbucks they would offer free refills to Rewards members.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                            Another degree or two...
                            Yep, so unlike opening day Tomorrowland.

9654_3877841116686_2004382508_n.jpg

I'm fine with it. The coffee and service in Market House is terrible, has been for years. I doubt we'll get the free refills.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                              Yep, so unlike opening day Tomorrowland.
                              Thank you, was just going to make this point. How are all the myriad other corporate sponsorships and product placements since July 17th 1955 okay, but Starbucks isn't.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Refills at Starbucks? Yeah, that's as good as gone.

Comment

I hope they dont change the inside too much.

But its better than that Nestle 'coffee'
                                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

I am all for it but I can't help but wonder what that does for the Coffee and Goodies being sold at Holly Jolly Bakery? I will say that over in DCA I was highly impressed at how things were being run and feel Market House should be no different.
                                    Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
                                    to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

I think this is a positive. Drawbacks are going to be losing another bit of history, and most likely some of the nice details of the area such as the stove and checkerboard and free refills. The location has some serious space issues that will need to be addressed as well.

As for the positives. I'm not a coffee drinker at all, but I realize that Starbucks coffee is simply a superior product. Not only that, but you'll have actual trained cast on making coffee. As it stands now, this location is run by the Stores department, not foods. These are the same people who sell the figurines in Disneyana and assist with you t-shirt purchases. Pleasant and hardworking individuals, but none of them have food handlers cards or have anymore than a brief overview of making coffee.
                                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                        Why? They really don't need to do much to the place to make it a Starbuck's location. Just some subtle signage like at the pig place in CA Adventure. If they make seating in the Disnyana store, that is even better as it will keep more people from milling around in the Market House after they get their drinks.
                                        Have you seen the mad house that is FF&P? They are going to need plenty of room for the counter, queue space, seating (even if they do use some of Disneyana). The Market House is not that big.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X