This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic posts from "How long has this been ok?"

And about the ruffians remarks: im a scene girl and find it a little offensive. just because you appear a certain way, doesnt mean we cant have fun at the happiest place on earth.
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Re: How long has this been OK?

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    And about the ruffians remarks: im a scene girl and find it a little offensive. just because you appear a certain way, doesnt mean we cant have fun at the happiest place on earth.
    I remember scene girls. I used to be in that "scene" as well haha.

Originally posted by MrsMonroe
    How did this go from pin trading to food? lets stay on topic please!
    The food argument makes sense in retrospect. I think that argument started a few pages back.

Comment

What is a scene girl?

Comment

Originally posted by bacevedo View Post
        What is a scene girl?
        Thats what I've been waiting to find out too.
        "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by bacevedo View Post
          What is a scene girl?
          Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
          Thats what I've been waiting to find out too.
          "Scene girl" by definition would be a girl that into the hardcore/popcore/emo/etc music scene. Generally they have choppy hair that is a bright color (or every color in the spectrum) as well as facial piercings. This was a rather large trend up until about 2008 (MySpace era) when I started to notice it dying off a bit. There are some out there still but not nearly as many as there was from 06-08. At least that is what I know it as, I am assuming this is what MrsMonroe is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
            "Scene girl" by definition would be a girl that into the hardcore/popcore/emo/etc music scene. Generally they have choppy hair that is a bright color (or every color in the spectrum) as well as facial piercings. This was a rather large trend up until about 2008 (MySpace era) when I started to notice it dying off a bit. There are some out there still but not nearly as many as there was from 06-08. At least that is what I know it as, I am assuming this is what MrsMonroe is talking about.
            Wow..I have never heard it called that. I thought you just described the teens of the 1980's....

Ta Da!

Comment

A scene girl is essentially this.

y8SnI.jpg

Hahaha, I've been there...........
              I wouldn't really consider it a ruffian though, because of the fact that scene kids don't look like pin traders.

Comment

Originally posted by the mermaid View Post

I wouldn't really consider it a ruffian though, because of the fact that scene kids don't look like pin traders.
                You made me laugh...Now I remember seeing lots of skunk striped looking hair and going "well that is interesting"...

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                  You made me laugh...Now I remember seeing lots of skunk striped looking hair and going "well that is interesting"...
                  That is a good way to describe it!

Comment

I remember scene girls. I used to be in that "scene" as well haha.
                    really now? i wasnt the rave kind though
                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

really now? i wasnt the rave kind though
                      No raving here either. Mostly just playing/going to shows, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                        only posers have the rainbow and animal hair, mines just blonde and black
                        sigpic

Comment

awesome!!!!!! rawr
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the mermaid View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25598[/ATTACH]

meanie :P
                            sigpic

Comment

hahaha I remeber the "scene" phase that everyone went through. what band/shows were you all into?
                              "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Comment

awesome!!!!!! rawr
                                posting to say I love your sig.

always loved the Joker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by christianAdam View Post
                                  hahaha I remeber the "scene" phase that everyone went through. what band/shows were you all into?
                                  I was in one small hardcore band that never went anywhere with some friends haha. In terms of shows it was anyone that came through the few local venues. Stuff from like Molotov Solution to Vanna.

Comment

meanie :P
                                    Nah, I used to be a scene kid a few years ago! I just went to a lot of shows and had the "scene" cut and dyed my hair bright, multiple colors. I also wore colored skinny jeans all the time. Haha that was like two or three years ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by christianAdam View Post
                                      umm new kids on the block... scrunchies and big hair

Comment

I was in one small hardcore band that never went anywhere with some friends haha. In terms of shows it was anyone that came through the few local venues. Stuff from like Molotov Solution to Vanna.
                                        from one ex-hardcore band member to another, let me say its refreshing to find more of our kind on this board.

Got to play with Molotov Solution once, really good dudes. I went to a few shows at the chain back in the day. Would venture more to Showcase in Corona when it was open. So many good shows went through that venue and its said that its closed.

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X