Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol- you can see you now- adding fertilizer, rubbing your hands together and laughing evilly- MUHWAHAHAHAH! :devil: Its alive! ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we have done this with plants, and animals as well, but you can see the results in many purebred dogs- in some cases, their genes have been manipulated soo much by breeding that they are subject to all kinds of diseases and anomalies because of the reduced gene pool. This is also the case in some of the royal families in Europe who are genetically inclined to have blood diseases.

The whole thought just intrigues me.... Is there really such a thing as natural selection anymore?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dramaqueen
      lol- you can see you now- adding fertilizer, rubbing your hands together and laughing evilly- MUHWAHAHAHAH! :devil: Its alive! ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we have done this with plants, and animals as well, but you can see the results in many purebred dogs- in some cases, their genes have been manipulated soo much by breeding that they are subject to all kinds of diseases and anomalies because of the reduced gene pool. This is also the case in some of the royal families in Europe who are genetically inclined to have blood diseases.

The whole thought just intrigues me.... Is there really such a thing as natural selection anymore?
      So true. A lot of mistakes were made but mostly by people that had no clue what they were about to do or the out come. With DNA mapping, maninpulation will be much more exact. Of course, reputable institutions such as most Zoos cut the errors made in natural ocurring gentics (i.e. albinos). San Diego and China have created genetic database to help keep the gene pool from being corruptedin Pandas. Now, I want you to understand, I azm not a Scientist, I just stayed at a Holidaay Inn last night.
      >>Alan<<
      Member 216

Comment

• Speaking of the reduced gene pool...don't forget the hillbillies! :devil:

Comment

• Originally posted by girl anachronism
          Speaking of the reduced gene pool...don't forget the hillbillies! :devil:
          I don't know if it is the inbreeding or the fact that they mostly live in trailers The formaldihyde in the wood interior and the aluminum on the outside can create a pretty harsh environment.
          >>Alan<<
          Member 216

Comment

• speaking of genetic manipulation, your avatar is disturbing me. Another one of your experiments gone wrong ?!?!?!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoH
              I don't know if it is the inbreeding or the fact that they mostly live in trailers The formaldihyde in the wood interior and the aluminum on the outside can create a pretty harsh environment.
              :lol: You are correct!

Comment

speaking of genetic manipulation, your avatar is disturbing me. Another one of your experiments gone wrong ?!?!?!

I found my old chemistry set my parents bought me when I was a kid. You should see the ones that did not turn out right... blech.
                >>Alan<<
                Member 216

Comment

• Originally posted by KoH
                  I found my old chemistry set my parents bought me when I was a kid. You should see the ones that did not turn out right... blech.
                  Okay okay, I hope this is the last time I derail....but could this possibly be one of the failed experiments??

Comment

• Looks like one of those "sponge monkey" things from the quizno's commercials

"THEY HAVE A PEPPER BAR!"

[end derail]

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by girl anachronism
                      Okay okay, I hope this is the last time I derail....but could this possibly be one of the failed experiments??
                      Feces, I gotta get im back. You should see his brother, all butt and a very little mouth.
                      >>Alan<<
                      Member 216

Comment

Looks like one of those "sponge monkey" things from the quizno's commercials

"THEY HAVE A PEPPER BAR!"

[end derail]
                        Talk about a creep out, yech. Course Bob creeps me out too.
                        >>Alan<<
                        Member 216

Comment

• NOW this gets moved?

Comment

• I've moved the thread to the Litter Box where it belongs. A few reminders:

1) This is a theme park discussion board. While it is ok that you discuss non-Disney topics in the Lounge (that is what the Lounge is for), it is not ok to make personal attacks on each other.

2) Some of you people need to learn how to fight. Make your point, but don't make it about another member of the board.

3) Don't go out of your way to create a flame. If you are trying to make others mad by what you say, than you aren't really helping either your message or this board.

4) Learn to use the Reputation voting buttons. If someone disagrees with you, big deal - the world is all about opinions. However, if someone is going out of their way to attack other members, then you should give them negative rep. You don't NEED to make the situation worse by being roped in to the hostility of others. (I repeat - give negative rep not for "What" someone says, but rather "How" they say it).

Have a happy day!

-Dusty
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

Comment

• ah ha-

Comment

• Good. Situation resolved. Thank you Dusty. It was getting WAY out of hand.
                                Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                                http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                                sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm.

First off, thanks to reading this thread finally, my allergy headache is now gone - the one I have now hurts much less.

Secondly, I'm going to stand on a soapbox for moment after perusing what has happened here:

Disneykat - you're Christian and love it. That's fantastic!
                                  Flint - you're an Athiest and love it. And that too, is fantastic!

You both, and most everyone else here, have no problem standing up for your beliefs and spiritual choices. IMHO, a person's faith is the "right" one when it speaks to the core of their being or mind. If it feels "right", then it must be. And, given that stance, then no one set of beliefs are the *only* "right" ones. Some folks find their love and faith in the Bible, Quran, Kabbalah, Torah, etc. And some folks find their love and faith in scientific studies. Some folks like a combination of everything. They just do what feels "right" to *them*. And in my theory, I'm betting the world would be a hell of a lot nicer place if people respected others' beliefs by learning about one another, instead of always saying, "My way is right! Yours is wrong!" and purposefully laughing at someone else's choices.

Flint, you mentioned in an earlier post about what Wiccans/Pagans endure still to this day, and being one, I can assure you that while there are still some "acceptance" problems out there, a LOT of progress has been made in recent times, which says a LOT about the progress of religious teachings. Most of the time, people will ask me about my pentacle necklace and it opens up conversation. I do get some folks that say, "But, don't you believe in the Bible?", and I always respond with, "It does have some wonderful teachings and historical lessons, but I do like to explore other teachings as well, and do what feels right for me." Heck - I can see why a lot of people love Jesus. He was a swell guy in his times and did some really neat stuff, and most importantly, still inspires people to do great stuff to this day. Now, I also have been approached on rare occasion by a more "radical" person who will attack me and just say, "I know what that star means on your necklace - you worship Satan." And they won't even give me the chance to explain how we don't even believe in the existence of Satan - we believe that good and evil exists inside each person, and that a person needs to be responsible for their own actions. (Sounds familiar to Kat's posting... hmmmm. ) Really, what I'm trying to say is, if we all believed in the exact same thing (and really, in a way, all religions share a lot of common ground), the world would be a pretty boring place and the road to enlightenment/salvation/end of existence would get damn crowded. People are unique, and so is each person's beliefs. I think it's important to hear each other out, without making assumptions or generalizations about a person's faith, and poking fun at the teachings of that faith or the individual beliefs associated by the believer. (i.e., the people who ask me about my necklace, and those that just fly off the handle and assume that I worship the epitome of evil).

Thanks for letting me ramble. Now, I'll step off my soapbox and go light a candle on my altar for everyone here to just bring some peace and clarity your way (whether that peace come to you through Jesus, the oxygen that surrounds you, Buddha, or whatever/whomever ).

Also, to those Catholics out there, congrats on your new Pope! While he may not be everything some had hoped for right now, I'm sure his intentions are good. Progress just takes some time - sometimes centuries, but hey, it's still progress.
                                  [email protected]

Comment

• Very well said DP- you are not our queen for nothing

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• Not being a Christian I didn't take an active part in the past few days of this thread. I did make a few posts which were ignored during all the turmoil on both sides.

DisneyPhile...I applaud your ability to sum up everything nicely in your last post. I was going to send you good rep, but I can't since I already have and then thought of a private message -- but in the end I thought I would go public and say you are one of the most level headed posters in here with a great, off beat sense of humor and it sounds like you have a most enjoyable life.

I have a sister-in-law who has been a Wiccan for many years and she's writing a book in which she's trying to dispel many of the fears that the mainstream has about her faith. A few of the chapters I've read are quite compelling and she's very good at explaining the tie-in that many pagan rituals have with early Christianity that made the new faith more marketable to the masses.

She's also been through a lot of abuse and alienation because of her beliefs but also has a good life with a wonderful group of family and friends who support her. It's all about embracing our differences as long as we are kind, courteous, forgiving and loving to those we aren't fully comfortable with or believe differently.

Long Live The Queen!
                                      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Well, I have to admit I had my fair share of escalating tensions but I hope nobody here lets it rub off on them for life.

As you can probably tell from my posting, I regularly have heated online political slapfights (heh) on other message boards (all of which are, like this, non-poltical sites where political discussions break out), and while everyone rips on each other it generally doesn't follow out of Fight Club er, the political forum. I also tend to get passionate about religion (where upon I sound like a liberal), immigration (where upon I sound like a conservative), and some other issues. Why? I don't know. I've been wronged by people who hold religious tradition as their reason to wrong me, and I know that plays a factor into it, but on most issues I'm typically moderate.

So, despite all the condescending and insulting remarks, everyone here in the Pope thread might as well be a different person altogether outside of the Pope thread. Good day to you all.

Comment

• I hade a wondeful discussion with Dramaqueen. Kudos to her.
                                          >>Alan<<
                                          Member 216

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X