This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by desertdweller
    ..... and it sounds like you have a most enjoyable life.
    Well, because I live my life by two mantras:
    1. My favorite saying of Walt's: "Happiness is a state of mind. It's just according to the way you look at things."
    2. 80's Television: "You take the good, you take the bad, and there you have the facts of life......"

[email protected]

Comment

• Does anyone else think of Native American Indians when they see the title of this thread ?

Comment

• After reading the last page of this thread I find it very offensive to me. I live in the south, in, a trailor (because I do not make a lot of money), and am sometimes refered to as a redneck or Hillbillie because of where I live.

Does that make me part of this terrible gene pool that you all are talking about? It makes me very sad that you could stereotype someone because you are better than them!

That is all!
        Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
        Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
          After reading the last page of this thread I find it very offensive to me. I live in the south, in, a trailor (because I do not make a lot of money), and am sometimes refered to as a redneck or Hillbillie because of where I live.

Does that make me part of this terrible gene pool that you all are talking about? It makes me very sad that you could stereotype someone because you are better than them!

That is all!
          Firstly I do not feel as if I am greater than anyone else, and I am sorry I fell victim to what the media stereotypes. I apologize.
          Last edited by Modern Folly; 04-26-2005, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• thank you for your apology. It just kills me how the media portrays us southerners. We are not all toothless and have very bad manners, yes, some of them do, but for the most part we are very intelligent ppl.

Comment

After reading the last page of this thread I find it very offensive to me. I live in the south, in, a trailor (because I do not make a lot of money), and am sometimes refered to as a redneck or Hillbillie because of where I live.

That is all!
              STFU... figure it out...

Comment

That is all!
                Part of what we said was true, the paneling in your traier most likely has formadahyde which gives off fumes when heated. The fumes will eventually affect your brain cells. This is not to say that you will automatically become a redneck. Unfortunately, people from the south have given us notherners the idea that rednecks live in trailers. My apologies if the information i received was innacurate.
                >>Alan<<
                Member 216

Comment

• Originally posted by KoH
                  Part of what we said was true, the paneling in your traier most likely has formadahyde which gives off fumes when heated. The fumes will eventually affect your brain cells. This is not to say that you will automatically become a redneck. Unfortunately, people from the south have given us notherners the idea that rednecks live in trailers. My apologies if the information i received was innacurate.
                  Hey KoH we live in San Diego....thats not north!?!

PS- New avatar rocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ah schucks
                    Hey KoH we live in San Diego....thats not north!?!

PS- New avatar rocks!

Actually, when it came down to dividing the states into slave and non slave states, California was deemed a non slave state but before enacted, a war broke out. So, I classify us as a nothern state. Good reasoning huh?
                    >>Alan<<
                    Member 216

Comment

• I don't have paneling in my house. I have sheetrock. I took the paneling out myself, and I don't care what you think about the south personally, just don't air it out over the internet. Thats something that should go unsaid.

Comment

• I use to work a call center for a large commuications company. We sold them Satellite dishes. If I got an iliterate person, they were always from the south. The ones that always had the most problems figuring out what the color red was, were from the south. The ones that always answered questions with... HUH were in the south. The one that always called in drunk were from the south and the only people we actually had to slow down our speech for so they could understand were from the south. I had fewer problems with people that could not speak english. Now you may not be what has been presented to me as the average southerner, good for you, but if you are trying to tell me that what has been joked about for decades is not true, take it to another church.
                        >>Alan<<
                        Member 216

Comment

• Thread closed. All this hateful bickering doesn't do us any good.

Reminder: We are a themepark board. A few off topic conversations aren't going to kill us. However, we are now loosing members over an off topic thread. It just isn't worth it.

(Remember those Reputation voting buttons folks. A few members of this thread deserve to be reminded about how to be a member of a community)
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                          Save

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X