Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to clarify something I said earlier. The churches basic dogmatic teachings (ie- those stated in the apostle's creed) have not changed in 2000 years. But most certainly the practices of the church have changed. I just ment that the basic core teachings have remained the same.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• Sodom and Gohmorra is not a parable. Parables were taught by Jesus and are all New Testament. Everything that was stated in the Old Testament IS true. And while God was more vengeful before the crucification of Christ, his standards never changed. it was because of Sex, Money Laundering and other acts that were against God.

Don't video games have ratings? The more morally objective they are, the typically higher the rating. That's why nobody confuses stuff like Doom with a kids game anymore.
      I am an avid gamer and I have never seen the words "Homosexual Content" on any game box. And there are actually very few games that include such a ting, however it is becoming more and more common in the industry. Name one game that warns about Homosexual content and I'll apologize.

We're talking about sex, which is a private issue.
      If it's a private issue than why ask for equal rights and tolerance? Why have t.v. shows or movies? If it was private than there wouldn't be an issue...

Certain churches and denominatins choose to ignore certain parts of the Bible. Pentecostals or C.O.G.I.C. choose to follow the Bible and only that. As for me going to church and not being a Christian, I don't think you can be a Catholic by going to Church twice a year or because you went as a child. Even if you went every day of your life, if you never accepted Christ and changed your life, then you are not a Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulquarian
        And God doesn't hate Homosexuals, he hates HOMOSEXUALITY. Not the person but the SIN. I know lots of Gay people, and we are all friends. I don't agree with their lifestyle, but that doesn't mean that I am intolerant.
        Maybe not intolerant...but, quite ignorant!

Comment

• And another thing...believe in God if you must. But, don't force him or your beliefs on us. I understand that this is supposed to be a free forum. But, I hardly understand how such negativity and hatred should be discussed and thrown around so easily here or how it could have come from God. Certainly not the God that I read about when I went to church...let me say that is before I was kicked out of a Christian College AND my church of 17 years for being a homosexual...again, not the God I was taught to love. I refuse to allow you to tell me that because I have found love and it happens to be with a man that I am a sinner or am comitting a sin in my love. How dare you take the same pompous holier than thou attitude with me when you are breaking another of God's laws yourself...."Judge not lest you yourself be judged"...And that old "I've got gay friends thing" is just like a racist saying "I've got black friends". It doesn't hold water when you're saying the exact opposite out of the other side of your mouth...or was that the other side of your body it was coming out of....not sure...all the hatred and garbage you just spewed smells, sounds, and looks like the same old CRAP to me!....

As an aside, this is only meant for the one with the supposed "soul..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulquarian
            Certain churches and denominatins choose to ignore certain parts of the Bible. Pentecostals or C.O.G.I.C. choose to follow the Bible and only that. As for me going to church and not being a Christian, I don't think you can be a Catholic by going to Church twice a year or because you went as a child. Even if you went every day of your life, if you never accepted Christ and changed your life, then you are not a Christian.
            So, is that like how the Ku Klux Klan are "religious" but some of them aren't "Christian"? I think I get it now!

Comment

• I am an avid gamer and I have never seen the words "Homosexual Content" on any game box. And there are actually very few games that include such a ting, however it is becoming more and more common in the industry. Name one game that warns about Homosexual content and I'll apologize.
              I love how all these "God hates the sin not the sinner"-style people write words like "homosexual" with a capital, haha.

Oh I'm sorry for talking about you like you're not here, S. A part of me just naturally assumed you wouldn't be able to hear me all the way from Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Disneykat
                I stand corrected then my friends. In my blondness, can you tell who fell asleep in class during science????

You are NOT corrected. What is being missed is that God created us to be DIFFERENT than the animals by giving us free will. Which means we are NOT subject to the natural demands and inclinations of our bodies, but can choose to resist the temptations of flesh and pursue something else. We are not governed by the physical drive to have sex.

Man may be part of nature, but he is also above it- and the excuse that man is less responsible for his actions and choices because he is a part of nature, is simply a cop out designed to allow us to do things and make choices for ourselves that is AGAINST our best interests, and then slip out of the responsiblity for making those choices.

Man has a choice- the chimp does not. They are both created, but only one has the knowledge and ability to CHOOSE God's way or his own bodies way.

Comment

people should not make out at DL at all whether homosexual or heterosexual
                  You may have noticed text behind the comma, it read: I disagree with making out in public. You even quoted it yourself.

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                  Everything that was stated in the Old Testament IS true.
                  *COUGH*COUGH*COUGH*

Okay, at this point, I realize I can't really debate the issue with you seriously. That's a pretty strong, blanket of a statement to make. With the above statement, it sounds like you believe in the seven days of creation instead of the findings of science that we're a rather new breed to the globe and many creatures (example: dinosuars) were here long before us.

Really, I don't mind trying to debate the metaphorical meanings of the Bible with people and make room for their opinions as well as mine, but people who take the Old Testament as literal truth are impossible to reason with. Come back once you finally admit to evolution and try again.

If it's a private issue than why ask for equal rights and tolerance?
                  Because there's no real reason other than religious extremism to attack people for what they do in private? Keep in mind that a gay person doesn't have to be a flamboyant queen to draw negative attention.

Why have t.v. shows or movies? If it was private than there wouldn't be an issue...
                  The same could be said about heterosexual sex as well. Now if you and I both want to agree that there's too much sex in our pop culture, then we can agree on that. I'm sure as a person who plays video games you've noticed how very loudly women are used as sexual objects in those games. Extreme Beach Volleyball, anyone? How how did Tomb Raider get so popular anyway?

I am an avid gamer and I have never seen the words "Homosexual Content" on any game box. And there are actually very few games that include such a ting, however it is becoming more and more common in the industry.
                  Sexual Themes - Mild to moderate sexual references and/or depictions. May include partial nudity
                  Strong Sexual Content - Graphic references to and/or depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including nudity

Source: ESRB

Now yes, that's just general sexism, but that's because the ESRB doesn't try to tell people that discrimination over a personal matter that may not be a choice is acceptable.

Comment

• sanctimonious
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Evolution has become a largely suspect "theory"

Read Darwins Black Box.

Come back when you've opened your minds the possibility that science does not HAVE nor KNOW all the answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nephythys
                        Evolution has become a largely suspect "theory"
                        Evolution can be actually proven. I have yet to see anyone be able to say the same about any alternatives.
                        Come back when you've opened your minds the possibility that science does not HAVE nor KNOW all the answers.
                        Science is about the search and discovery of finding the answers. Any answers it does not hold now, it will eventually. There are no answers to be found in mysticism or the supernatural.

Comment

• I like my stance in the middle here... Nice and agnostic. *has merged self into conversation for no fathomable reason*

Comment

• I like seeing your avatar, so it all works out pretty well.

Comment

• Ah, the eye candy as always... Same old, same old.

Comment

• Come back once you finally admit to evolution and try again.
                                This from the one who said not to throw out our opinions and beliefs and expect everyone to believe them.

Pot meet kettle

Science is about the search and discovery of finding the answers. Any answers it does not hold now, it will eventually. There are no answers to be found in mysticism or the supernatural
                                "Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"

We live in a society where if it cvan't be proven then most certainly it isn't true and I am sure the shroud with Jesus' image on it was made from a computer or was painted on because someone scientifically researched it and was able to identify the color, texture, contents and brand name of the paint and which store it was purchased at etc etc.....
                                Katie :yea:
                                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• I don't think that evolution and creationism are two mutully exclusive ideologies. Even Steven Hawkins (great astrophysicist, for those who may be unfamilliar with him) admits in "A Brief History of Time" that the creation if the universe must have had an intelligent design behind it or it would have imploded on itself. The more science discovers, the more order it uncovers, and they more uncertantity it reveals. I am a scientist and a christian and I think you can be both. You can believe that God created everything and that He used evolution as a means of doing so.
                                  It is hard to deny the existance of evolution. Look at our obesity epidemic. As recent as 100 years ago, if a woman gave birth to a baby that was too large for her, both she and the baby would have died, and those genes with a predispostion for being too large would not have been passed on. But because medicine has made so many advancements, these babys are born. The birth weight of children born now is almost double what was normal even 50 years ago. As a rational person, it is hard for me to look at that and think there is no such thing as "survival of the fittest".
                                  But if you believe God is the supreme creator with everything in theuniverse at his disposal, then you have to admit that anything is possible. To say there is something God could not or would not do limits his powers in our attempt to understand Him and mak Him more human.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

This from the one who said not to throw out our opinions and beliefs and expect everyone to believe them.
                                    I'm sorry, but I have little respect for creationists, scientologists, etc when it comes to a serious debate. Debates depend on sources and facts or else it's just a bunch of people arguing over superstition.

We live in a society where if it cvan't be proven then most certainly it isn't true and I am sure the shroud with Jesus' image on it was made from a computer or was painted on because someone scientifically researched it and was able to identify the color, texture, contents and brand name of the paint and which store it was purchased at etc etc.....
                                    Or it could just be a natural phenomenon that the image resembles the traditional visualization of Christ.

Comment

• or the traditional visualizations of Christ could been created from that image Either theory is possible!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MickeyMania
                                        Evolution can be actually proven. I have yet to see anyone be able to say the same about any alternatives.
                                        Science is about the search and discovery of finding the answers. Any answers it does not hold now, it will eventually. There are no answers to be found in mysticism or the supernatural.
                                        Really? Then why are there books and studies that dispute evolution?

No answers in the supernatural? I don't think it is us who are closed minded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nephythys
                                          Really? Then why are there books and studies that dispute evolution?
                                          To promote an agenda.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X