Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, the moderators and admins do have other things to do (like lives and jobs) than sift through threads looking for personal attacks. I moved this one as soon as I saw the offending posts, since none of the posts were reported. Please keep in mind that the reputation system on this board is there to help the community moderate itself. We're not here to babysit.

That said, if you see an offending post, please, please, please use the "Report Bad Post" function. It is represented by the small triangle icon with the "!" found on the left-hand side of every post. That function sends us an alert right away with a direct link to the post, instead of having to sift through to find the muck and discover it only after much complaining.

Thanks.
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
      I personally don't like the Spanish spiel at Haunted Mansion. Why? Well, the guy is too loud and really stands out. Maybe if the same narrator did it, it would blend a bit better.
      In the vein of 'hey no one asked my opinion,' I agree that the Spanish spiel is a few notches louder - in both general volume and the volume of the speaker - than the standard one. I also think that if the narrator didn't accentuate so many words it wouldn't be as distracting; it comes off really cheesy to me the way it's accentuated and I wonder what Spanish speakers themselves think of it.

Comment

As I stated previously in an earlier post on this thread, I apologize to anyone who was offended...and I must admit that I was very harsh to Soulquarian whom I do not know...just as others may not know me. Please don't assume because I had a bad day and had some buttons pushed and took it a little too far ONE TIME that I should be kicked off mice chat completely. IF I were deserving of being kicked off I wouldn't have as much rep as I do and I certainly wouldn't have PRIVATELY made up with Soulquarian. I should have kept the whole thing at a private level. But, I had a bad day and I certainly do NOT deserve to be kicked off the board. I am not the kind of person who is angry or unwilling to see things from others point of view. If I were in California on 5-5-05 I would be walking right up to Soulquarian and shaking his hand for being as cool as he's been about the whole thing and as I've already done apologizing to him for the things I said. So, I admit that I was wrong and that yes, because of my comments this thread deserved to be in the litter box. But, having said that I hope we can all move on from this and learn a lesson that you really don't know anyone on this board unless you have met them in person and I caution anyone to not make the same mistake as I did and read malice into typed words rather than giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and trying to see it from their point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
          You guys have never even seen video or sound of Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

While DLP does it much more than TDL, both parks have elements where more than one language is being seen or spoken at a time. And judging by the comments so far, the overseas DLs are much more immersive and detailed experience than the American parks have been until arguably DL at it's recent point.

Yes I've ridden Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris and I LOVE IT. Yeah, it's in French, it's SUPPOSED TO BE, because it's in France. I've also heard a recording of the Ghost Host in Japanese at the Haunted Mansion in Tokyo Disneyland. That's fine, it's in JAPAN. But the piece of crap Spanish spiel (as well as the new interloping English spiel adding in about "hands arms and legs") is complete s**t.

Just go to this link and compare the ORIGINAL with the new CRAP:

http://doombuggies.com/secrets_load2.htm

Scroll halfway down the page and listen.

Does anyone need anymore convincing evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79
            As I stated previously in an earlier post on this thread, I apologize to anyone who was offended...and I must admit that I was very harsh to Soulquarian whom I do not know...just as others may not know me. Please don't assume because I had a bad day and had some buttons pushed and took it a little too far ONE TIME that I should be kicked off mice chat completely. IF I were deserving of being kicked off I wouldn't have as much rep as I do and I certainly wouldn't have PRIVATELY made up with Soulquarian. I should have kept the whole thing at a private level. But, I had a bad day and I certainly do NOT deserve to be kicked off the board. I am not the kind of person who is angry or unwilling to see things from others point of view. If I were in California on 5-5-05 I would be walking right up to Soulquarian and shaking his hand for being as cool as he's been about the whole thing and as I've already done apologizing to him for the things I said. So, I admit that I was wrong and that yes, because of my comments this thread deserved to be in the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=litter%20box" onmouseover="window.status='litter box'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">litter box</a>. But, having said that I hope we can all move on from this and learn a lesson that you really don't know anyone on this board unless you have met them in person and I caution anyone to not make the same mistake as I did and read malice into typed words rather than giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and trying to see it from their point of view.
            Moving on

-Lauryn

Comment

Originally posted by Tui
              ok, if it was on the haunted mansion yes, it would take me out of the expierience. But if they took out the spanish on the Matterhorn, it would simply not be the same, its almost the highlight of the ride.
              I feel the same way about the Monorail at WDW. Actually, when I was at MK last Autumn, I bought a monorail magnet, which I'm sure is also available at Disneyland. The magnet has a button on it whichacivates a chip with three recordings on it, including the Spanish safety spiel It was the selling point!

It's on my locker at work, and apparently the inflection is completely wrong in the Spanish portion. So much so that one of my co-workers that speaks Spanish gets really mad whenever he hears it!

Comment

Well, we all remember this billboard right?

Well look at this rebuttal!

This is a jpeg of the billboard. They're everywhere in Southern California. I saw one on the Lakewood exit of 91 Freeway!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian

This is a jpeg of the billboard. They're everywhere in Southern California. I saw one on the Lakewood exit of 91 Freeway!
                  I rarely see anything that makes me glad I moved out of California.

So thanks for that.
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian

Man, i'm kinda reconsidering wanting to move to California...It was bad enough when I lived in Arizona. And not like this has anything to do with anything, but, i'm Hispanic, and seeing things such as that annoy me like nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
                      I rarely see anything that makes me glad I moved out of California.

So thanks for that.
                      I have a copy of a bank statement and a pay stub to remind me of why I'm glad I left CA...

Originally posted by nephthys
                      I'm sorry but this should have been moved the moment someone chose to attack someone personally a couple days ago-
                      yeah... attack the people who donate their time without pay and provide free content for you to sit and whine about.

*rolls eyes*
                      "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                      -
                      "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                      -
                      "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                      -
                      Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint
                        I have a copy of a bank statement and a pay stub to remind me of why I'm glad I left CA...

yeah... attack the people who donate their time without pay and provide free content for you to sit and whine about.

*rolls eyes*
                        I'm not attacking anyone, or whining- one of the mods is one of my best friends. I was just saying the whole thing should have been bumped a long time ago. And WHY do I bother even responding to someone like you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                          I'm not attacking anyone, or whining- one of the mods is one of my best friends. I was just saying the whole thing should have been bumped a long time ago. And WHY do I bother even responding to someone like you?
                          I don't know... particularly since you have me on ignore!

ROFLMAO
                          "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                          -
                          "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                          -
                          "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                          -
                          Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Moderator's Note:

Not new and not improved! Try one of the following:

Rep System - it works!
                            "Report Bad Post" - it works!
                            Ignore Feature - it works!

All three are yours FREE when you signed up on MiceChat! Sorry, no extra gift included for using any of the above, other than a more peaceful and mature message board.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X