Clear All

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Moderator's Note:

Not new and not improved! Try one of the following:

Rep System - it works!
    "Report Bad Post" - it works!
    Ignore Feature - it works!

All three are yours FREE when you signed up on MiceChat! Sorry, no extra gift included for using any of the above, other than a more peaceful and mature message board.

Leave a comment:

• Flint
    replied
    Originally posted by Nephythys
    I'm not attacking anyone, or whining- one of the mods is one of my best friends. I was just saying the whole thing should have been bumped a long time ago. And WHY do I bother even responding to someone like you?
    I don't know... particularly since you have me on ignore!

ROFLMAO

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    Originally posted by Flint
    I have a copy of a bank statement and a pay stub to remind me of why I'm glad I left CA...

yeah... attack the people who donate their time without pay and provide free content for you to sit and whine about.

*rolls eyes*
    I'm not attacking anyone, or whining- one of the mods is one of my best friends. I was just saying the whole thing should have been bumped a long time ago. And WHY do I bother even responding to someone like you?

Leave a comment:

• Flint
    replied
    Originally posted by TinkPink
    I rarely see anything that makes me glad I moved out of California.

So thanks for that.
    I have a copy of a bank statement and a pay stub to remind me of why I'm glad I left CA...

Originally posted by nephthys
    I'm sorry but this should have been moved the moment someone chose to attack someone personally a couple days ago-
    yeah... attack the people who donate their time without pay and provide free content for you to sit and whine about.

*rolls eyes*

Leave a comment:

• Modern Folly
    replied
    Originally posted by Soulquarian
    Well, we all remember this billboard right?

Well look at this rebuttal!

This is a jpeg of the billboard. They're everywhere in Southern California. I saw one on the Lakewood exit of 91 Freeway!
    Man, i'm kinda reconsidering wanting to move to California...It was bad enough when I lived in Arizona. And not like this has anything to do with anything, but, i'm Hispanic, and seeing things such as that annoy me like nothing else!

Leave a comment:

• TinkPink
    replied
    Originally posted by Soulquarian

This is a jpeg of the billboard. They're everywhere in Southern California. I saw one on the Lakewood exit of 91 Freeway!
    I rarely see anything that makes me glad I moved out of California.

So thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonNYC
    replied
    Originally posted by Tui
    ok, if it was on the haunted mansion yes, it would take me out of the expierience. But if they took out the spanish on the Matterhorn, it would simply not be the same, its almost the highlight of the ride.
    I feel the same way about the Monorail at WDW. Actually, when I was at MK last Autumn, I bought a monorail magnet, which I'm sure is also available at Disneyland. The magnet has a button on it whichacivates a chip with three recordings on it, including the Spanish safety spiel It was the selling point!

It's on my locker at work, and apparently the inflection is completely wrong in the Spanish portion. So much so that one of my co-workers that speaks Spanish gets really mad whenever he hears it!

Leave a comment:

• luvsongthatnvrends
    replied
    Originally posted by neuhickman79
    As I stated previously in an earlier post on this thread, I apologize to anyone who was offended...and I must admit that I was very harsh to Soulquarian whom I do not know...just as others may not know me. Please don't assume because I had a bad day and had some buttons pushed and took it a little too far ONE TIME that I should be kicked off mice chat completely. IF I were deserving of being kicked off I wouldn't have as much rep as I do and I certainly wouldn't have PRIVATELY made up with Soulquarian. I should have kept the whole thing at a private level. But, I had a bad day and I certainly do NOT deserve to be kicked off the board. I am not the kind of person who is angry or unwilling to see things from others point of view. If I were in California on 5-5-05 I would be walking right up to Soulquarian and shaking his hand for being as cool as he's been about the whole thing and as I've already done apologizing to him for the things I said. So, I admit that I was wrong and that yes, because of my comments this thread deserved to be in the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=litter%20box" onmouseover="window.status='litter box'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">litter box</a>. But, having said that I hope we can all move on from this and learn a lesson that you really don't know anyone on this board unless you have met them in person and I caution anyone to not make the same mistake as I did and read malice into typed words rather than giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and trying to see it from their point of view.
    Moving on

Leave a comment:

• Adventurer
    replied
    Originally posted by MickeyMania
    You guys have never even seen video or sound of Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

While DLP does it much more than TDL, both parks have elements where more than one language is being seen or spoken at a time. And judging by the comments so far, the overseas DLs are much more immersive and detailed experience than the American parks have been until arguably DL at it's recent point.

Yes I've ridden Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris and I LOVE IT. Yeah, it's in French, it's SUPPOSED TO BE, because it's in France. I've also heard a recording of the Ghost Host in Japanese at the Haunted Mansion in Tokyo Disneyland. That's fine, it's in JAPAN. But the piece of crap Spanish spiel (as well as the new interloping English spiel adding in about "hands arms and legs") is complete s**t.

Just go to this link and compare the ORIGINAL with the new CRAP:

http://doombuggies.com/secrets_load2.htm

Scroll halfway down the page and listen.

Does anyone need anymore convincing evidence?

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    As I stated previously in an earlier post on this thread, I apologize to anyone who was offended...and I must admit that I was very harsh to Soulquarian whom I do not know...just as others may not know me. Please don't assume because I had a bad day and had some buttons pushed and took it a little too far ONE TIME that I should be kicked off mice chat completely. IF I were deserving of being kicked off I wouldn't have as much rep as I do and I certainly wouldn't have PRIVATELY made up with Soulquarian. I should have kept the whole thing at a private level. But, I had a bad day and I certainly do NOT deserve to be kicked off the board. I am not the kind of person who is angry or unwilling to see things from others point of view. If I were in California on 5-5-05 I would be walking right up to Soulquarian and shaking his hand for being as cool as he's been about the whole thing and as I've already done apologizing to him for the things I said. So, I admit that I was wrong and that yes, because of my comments this thread deserved to be in the litter box. But, having said that I hope we can all move on from this and learn a lesson that you really don't know anyone on this board unless you have met them in person and I caution anyone to not make the same mistake as I did and read malice into typed words rather than giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and trying to see it from their point of view.

Leave a comment:

• Sam the iPod
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyphile
    I personally don't like the Spanish spiel at Haunted Mansion. Why? Well, the guy is too loud and really stands out. Maybe if the same narrator did it, it would blend a bit better.
    In the vein of 'hey no one asked my opinion,' I agree that the Spanish spiel is a few notches louder - in both general volume and the volume of the speaker - than the standard one. I also think that if the narrator didn't accentuate so many words it wouldn't be as distracting; it comes off really cheesy to me the way it's accentuated and I wonder what Spanish speakers themselves think of it.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Folks, the moderators and admins do have other things to do (like lives and jobs) than sift through threads looking for personal attacks. I moved this one as soon as I saw the offending posts, since none of the posts were reported. Please keep in mind that the reputation system on this board is there to help the community moderate itself. We're not here to babysit.

That said, if you see an offending post, please, please, please use the "Report Bad Post" function. It is represented by the small triangle icon with the "!" found on the left-hand side of every post. That function sends us an alert right away with a direct link to the post, instead of having to sift through to find the muck and discover it only after much complaining.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    I'm sorry but this should have been moved the moment someone chose to attack someone personally a couple days ago-

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    You guys have never even seen video or sound of Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

While DLP does it much more than TDL, both parks have elements where more than one language is being seen or spoken at a time. And judging by the comments so far, the overseas DLs are much more immersive and detailed experience than the American parks have been until arguably DL at it's recent point.

Leave a comment:

• luvsongthatnvrends
    replied
    You are so full of HATE, ethnocentrism, racism, and bigotry that I can no longer sit back and listen to this FILTH that I see on my screen almost every time you post.
    (First, note that im not pin-pointing any one person, otherwise that would be considered as a personal attack.)

NO... people are just not really reading anything anyones saying. WOW, SOOOO many other people think the same on THIS THREAD but someone wants to PERSONALLY ATTACK another person because he disagrees with homosexuality in ANOTHER THREAD. I find it amusing that certain people were so upset that christians "forced" their beliefs on homosexuals but they want to go around and do the same to others. When someones against being gay, these certain people snap back, claiming how its right.. sounds like your forcing your views on others. THIS IS TO ALL PEOPLE... Dont get mad when someone has a different opinion than you. Everyone has that right, just like you have the right to be whatever sexuality you choose or whatever. And dont get mad just because your argument isnt convincing enough to have everyone thinking the same thing. This is a debate, if everyone thought the same way, this board would be boring and full os "yes" "i agree" "yup" "uh huh" and "no kidding" 's. Thats boring. We're here to talk about disney and the park. Likes and dislikes.
    Relax
    Last edited by luvsongthatnvrends; 05-03-2005, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• luvsongthatnvrends
    replied
    i think its funny how people were kicked off the entire board for personal attacks in other posts... But theres certain people on this board that can say whatever the hell they want, and nothing happens. The thread shouldnt be closed for personal attacks, that person should be booted. Why dont the rules apply to everyone? Seems descriminatory to me.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Non-moderator opinion:

So there's Spanish safety spiels at Disneyland. And yeah, we notice them, because they're new and different - it's kinda thrown us out of our usual routine. But, with the higher concentration of Latino guests nowadays, it is important for Disney to cover their butts. Different cultures have different language barriers. Why are there not as many safety spiels in Japanese or Chinese? Well, keep in mind that in Asian countries, it is quite common for them to learn English. Heck, most of them are in school 6 days a week even! It might not be part of the Mexican/Latino culture to apply the same style or educational subjects such as English to their cirriculum. Each culture is different that way.

I personally don't like the Spanish spiel at Haunted Mansion. Why? Well, the guy is too loud and really stands out. Maybe if the same narrator did it, it would blend a bit better. But, in the meantime, I notice it less and less each time I ride, because I'm growing used to it. Without non-English spiels, it might actually be more disruptive. I can't imagine "cinnamon toast and tacos" no longer being served on the Matterhorn - now that I'd complain about!

A little extra safety isn't going to hurt anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Moderator's Note: Moved this to the Litter Box, since it's steered off-topic into a more personal nature. Please keep in mind that if the personal attacks continue, this thread will be closed. It's your choice, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied
    First of all...I've been hearing English(which because we are in America is ALWAYS the first language spoken in the spiels), Spanish, and Japanese in the spiels of It's a Small World since I was 6(19 years ago).
    But that isn't the case for the newer safety spiels. The one on the Matterhorn is classic, plus it's short and to the point. And it takes place BEFORE you are on the attraction. HM's doesn't.

You are so full of HATE, ethnocentrism, racism, and bigotry that I can no longer sit back and listen to this FILTH that I see on my screen almost every time you post.
    I said I hate the spanish safety spiels on calssic attractions when they ruin the atmosphere. I never said I hated Spanish Speaking People! If you think that, then when can all meet at Disneyland on 05-05-05 with all my hispanic friends and you'll see how they hate them too. This has nothing to do with race. Sapnish is a language...

I have experienced the same kind of discrimination from "people like you"(that's what you call people who are 'different', right Soulquarian?)for being a homosexual that I will no longer sit back and say nothing about the absolute TRAVESTY of having to live in this world with such ignorant, idiotic people as you.
    Just because I said that Chrisitiantity states that Homosexuality is a sin doesn'tmake me intolerant or hateful or anti-whatever. If you don't like that, then you should take that fight up with God! And besides, I said that God's hates the sin, not the person, because someone said that Christianity was a hate group. I my little cousin writes on the wall, sure I hate that he did that. However, I still love him. Being intolerant is not believing that someone is wrong, but HATING someone because they are different. I have friends that drink and smoke, and I am VERY much against that. However, those people are still my friends, and just because they do that doesn't make them any less a friends to me. I don't agree with homosexuality, but that doesn't mean we couldn't be friends either. Why do we need to classify ourselves anyway? To me you are just a person. Not White, not Homosexual, just you. THAT is TOLERANCE!

What gives you the right to say that on "this land" and in "this place" you should not speak another language or CELEBRATE another culture as our very own Walt Disney himself did so beautifully in It's a Small World.
    I NEVER said that. Stop twisting my words like Micheal Moore! You can speak whatever you want and that's great, but why is Disney catering to Latinos? Sure they make up a large percentage of Southern California, but a LARGE portion of that number is illegal. That's just fact. You think that have $75 a person to spend for each family? Come on now. And I got to Disneyland all the time, and I see WAY more japenese than Latinos.

It's said that if you have an opinion or don't agree with something, it makes you intolerant, racist, homophobic or whatever. We all won't agree on everything and to believe that is foolish. But at Disneyland it feels like Welcome EVERYONE IN THE WORLD... AND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LATINOS... That's racist. There are no Japenese spiels, even though there are more of them in the park at any given time. French people, Germans, SO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE, but yet we single one as being more important... UN-FAIR.
    Last edited by Soulquarian; 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X