Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween at Disneyland (off topic posts)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mousey Girl
    replied
    Re: Halloween at Disneyland (off topic posts)

Once again I will say that since I have no intention on ever traveling to Tokyo, I have no problem with what DLR is attempting to do with their decorations (or Pooh or anything else). We have what we have and no amount of whining or comparing is going to change that. Rather than griping about it, enjoy it for what it is. I don't go to DLR to find fault with everything, I go to escape my every day life.
    Last edited by Mousey Girl; 10-10-2006, 06:15 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Experiment626
    replied
    Re: Pics of Halloween at the park!

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Not to mention Tokyo has the BEST second gate ever created...Tokyo DisneySea! :yea:
    :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    My apologies. But I would still like to say, whenever I see anything that has to do with Tokyo over here, people say "stop criticizing Disneyland". So many of you don't even give Tokyo a chance. My post still stands in that I believe Tokyo Disneyland is superior in the ways that I have said, but Disneyland is a wonderful place and the best Disneyland park because of it's charm. I too am excited that there is Halloween activity, that's very nice. While the figurines are the only good thing in that diorama, it's good that they're making an effort. TDL does in fact have the best Halloween decorations of any park, in fact I believe I read in a Miceage article that the author considered them "the best in the world". I don't mean that in any demeaning way to Disneyland, just don't beat up TDLfan for saying what he thinks, and has good reason to think in fact check these: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32307999&f= to know why he said what he said. Those are his photos by the way.

Not to mention Tokyo has the BEST second gate ever created...Tokyo DisneySea! :yea:

While I consider myself a "Tokyo Disney Resort" fan, Disneyland will always hold a place in my heart. It's just so special and magical, plus the atmosphere is unbeatable. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the feeling you get at Disneyland is not found in any of the other Disney parks. *That* is what pushes Disneyland so high on my list.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

My apologies. But I would still like to say, whenever I see anything that has to do with Tokyo over here, people say "stop criticizing Disneyland". So many of you don't even give Tokyo a chance. My post still stands in that I believe Tokyo Disneyland is superior in the ways that I have said, but Disneyland is a wonderful place and the best Disneyland park because of it's charm. I too am excited that there is Halloween activity, that's very nice. While the figurines are the only good thing in that diorama, it's good that they're making an effort. TDL does in fact have the best Halloween decorations of any park, in fact I believe I read in a Miceage article that the author considered them "the best in the world". I don't mean that in any demeaning way to Disneyland, just don't beat up TDLfan for saying what he thinks, and has good reason to think in fact check these: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32307999&f= to know why he said what he said. Those are his photos by the way.
    Aww!! It's baby TDLFAN!

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
    Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

OMG, sexual abuse of a sleeping cow!!!

Originally Posted by claribella
    And may I offer another rendering...

S & M with a horse ain't my thing either!!!
    its called beating a dead horse. if you are thinking sexual here then your mind is in the gutter.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

OMG, sexual abuse of a sleeping cow!!!

Originally Posted by claribella
    And may I offer another rendering...

S & M with a horse ain't my thing either!!!

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

Originally posted by dlfreak View Post
    No kidding. Aside from annoying it's :ot::ot::ot::ot::ot::ot:
    Yeah quit stompin on my thread! Go make a thread about Disneyland vs Tokyo if you wanna talk about that

Leave a comment:

• Villains Fan
    replied

MOD NOTE: Please stay on the subject of the opening post, Halloween at Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Apology accepted. No worries. I honestly don't have an opinion on Tokyo because I have never been there and I don't make judgments on things until I have experienced them.

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied

Originally posted by A Change In Me View Post
    Could you guys stop comparing Tokyo and Disneyland?

Geez.

Funny how some simple pictures turn into this.
    No kidding. Aside from annoying it's :ot::ot::ot::ot::ot::ot:

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by claribella View Post
    Gotta love being taken out of context...

I was saying no because I don't like them because they cam from Tokyo. I like them because they are going to do great in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• A Change In Me
    replied

Could you guys stop comparing Tokyo and Disneyland?

Geez.

Funny how some simple pictures turn into this.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Um, unless you've been there, which I doubt you have since I don't see you in the TDR threads, you wouldn't know. Tokyo Disneyland stomps on other parks in almost every way. Variety of attractions, shows, cleanliness, service, everything. The only thing Disneyland has on it is it's charm. Concerning the Halloween decorations, that display is cute, but has nothing on the huge, I mean huge display that TDL puts out every Halloween. And it's not just at the hub, it's everywhere, in fact the go all out for every special event the hold.

Now, if we compare the two as resorts, there's no cometition. My avatar, signature, and member name can explain it to you if you don't understand.

Gotta love being taken out of context...

Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Of course you do!! Thefigures are from TOKYO DISNEYLAND, a park that outdoes all other Disneyland parks in many ways.

They were claiming that I was saying I liked them because they came from Tokyo...which was NOT why I liked them So THAT is what I was saying "no" to.

Last edited by clara; 09-24-2006, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Of course you do!! Thefigures are from TOKYO DISNEYLAND, a park that outdoes all other Disneyland parks in many ways.
    Originally Posted by EagleWings
    How about we all just be happy that Disneyland is even doing something for Halloween instead of being so cynical and critiquing every single thing we get for Halloween? I'm just happy they're doing anything at all!
    EXACTLY, and that was the reason why I came to this thread in the first place. I would love to be able to visit DLR this season, but appears unlike.
    Is it just me, or do I see contradictions here. With one side of your post, you are saying that Tokyo Disneyland is better than the other parks, yet with the other side of your post you are praising DL to the skies by quoting EagleWings post.

Maybe that is why everyone jumped on said "bandwagon" just lots of confusion with your meaning.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Uh no, but nice try.
    Um, unless you've been there, which I doubt you have since I don't see you in the TDR threads, you wouldn't know. Tokyo Disneyland stomps on other parks in almost every way. Variety of attractions, shows, cleanliness, service, everything. The only thing Disneyland has on it is it's charm. Concerning the Halloween decorations, that display is cute, but has nothing on the huge, I mean huge display that TDL puts out every Halloween. And it's not just at the hub, it's everywhere, in fact the go all out for every special event the hold.

Now, if we compare the two as resorts, there's no cometition. My avatar, signature, and member name can explain it to you if you don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    hey, you forgot to post my band wagon.'

if your going to say it show it will feeling!!! :lmao:
    <---Jumps on the bandwagon with tuba in hand

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with TDLFAN on everything they post, because sometimes it is just too much... but I feel like you guys jumped on hakunamakrla's bandwagon without acknowledging the fact that TDLFAN's comments are often spot-on in regards to Tokyo's superior quality. In all reality, Disney often neglects its US parks, and thats because they simply choose to let them slip in maitenance, showmanship, and quality.

Not saying I don't enjoy myself, but it does show sometimes. Not as bad as a Six Flags park or Universal - but if somebody doesnt complain, then Disney will let it get to those levels.

I got people disagreeing with me recently in my thread about the Year of a Million Dreams nametags - and how they're "just nametags"

But in all reality - every little thing counts. And Tokyo Disney knows that - and Oriental Land Co allows for the Imagineers to take that into account and really make a complete experience.

I'm thrilled for HalloweenTime, but doesn't it make anybody else a little upset that we're essentially getting hand-me-downs? Would we even be getting this great new holiday season if Tokyo didn't have leftovers for TDA to buy to dress up Disneyland with?

It's sad that we're getting leftovers. It's sad that instead of Imagineering a custom Halloween experience for Disneyland, we're retrofitting Disneyland with an old Halloween experience from a the park across the globe.

Anyway... thanks for the photos EagleWings - I'm stoked to see Disneyland finally getting Halloween, even if it is hand-me-downs.
    hey, you forgot to post my band wagon.'

if your going to say it show it will feeling!!! :lmao:

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied

^:ot::ot::ot:

I can't wait for all the HalloweenTime stuff this year, it's going to be great!!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
    Hey I was polite. You on the other hand by turning this thread around were not.
    EagleWings, I do not wish to engage in hate-banter with you. As I stated before, I have nothing against you. However, I am not going to apologize for expressing my excitement about something you posted that I recognize from Tokyo. If you re-read my posts, you will see that I am actually quite elated that DLR is getting all these quality improvements for the halloween season, which is something I would love to have at my local park (WDW) and we don't. Call it jealousy or what-have-you. I think DLR deserves all of this and more. After all why should TDL have all the fun and keep these wonderful props aging in some corner of their warehouses?
    But I feel I have the right to express what I like and don't like in a ny thread, as much as anyone is welcomed to post their convictions in threads that I start, and trust me.... many do.

With that aside... I love your new pic with Minnie. The stuff Minnie plush is really cute.

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

You know, I was willing to apologize for disturbing the feel of your thread simply because what started as a joke comment has escalated into this, but with snapping comments like that (especially since I have nothing against you) I will refrain and stand my ground.
    Hey I was polite. You on the other hand by turning this thread around were not.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X