This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newborn tips?

Yeah its the litterbox and probably the last question you thought would be asked, but my newborn (well 4-5 month) nephew is in town while my brother is here visiting. I have been nominated as the babywatcher to relieve mom and dad for a while, and im having a hard time keeping him occupied. He likes pool tables, outside, and pretending he can jump. But that only keeps him busy for a.) as long as i can keep the balls rolling, b.) till he gets too hot. or c.) till he gets too tired.
    Any tips on how to keep him um... in a not crying mood? thanks.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Re: Newborn tips?

I'm not sue, but this definitley dosn't belong in the litter box
    Show him a disney movie

Comment

Zaris, im great with kids. I suggest getting toys he has, and put them around him. Play with one, and than he will start playing.
      Put him on those baby swings, and have it turn on so it auto pushes and read a story. Or during that disney movie like ticket said put him on the swing.

Comment

I know nothing about kids but wish you the best.
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Lol, you were a kid once, and you know nothing?
          Oh and if you dont have a swing, through him in the air, just hope he doesnt puke on you

Comment

Sing to him or make some type of noise. Baby's love noise. Also you could watch tv/ a movie with him. Just make sure the show is colorful and entertaining. Good luck!

Comment

I took a class Skills for Living once, and I have a younger brother and sister! How about I post a link that will help you?

Comment

Here is the link:

http://www.parents.com/parents/categ...1063222118.xml

Comment

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
                  Sing to him or make some type of noise. Baby's love noise. Also you could watch tv/ a movie with him. Just make sure the show is colorful and entertaining. Good luck!
                  Yes babys love sounds.
                  Im taking media as an option this year and soft curved shapes comfort kids and they enjoy it.
                  So watch animated t.v, show cartoon pictures. Give him a soft curved shape thing. Lol

Comment

Um, Check his diaper or feed him... (formula, breast milk...what ever mom left...don't give him ANYTHING she didn't already aprove!!!)

first 2 things,

then play with rattles, and babytoys that make noise...

he's too young for TV...and it wont hold his attention....

or if it's an option, put him in a stroller and walk up and down the sidewalk....(bonus, if he's tired that will most likely put him to sleep)

good luck, and no matter what, keep your patience when/if he cries, he's too young to know any other way of communication....
                    procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
                      Um, Check his diaper or feed him... (formula, breast milk...what ever mom left...don't give him ANYTHING she didn't already aprove!!!)

first 2 things,

then play with rattles, and babytoys that make noise...

or if it's an option, put him in a stroller and walk up and down the sidewalk....(bonus, if he's tired that will most likely put him to sleep)

good luck, and no matter what, keep your patience when/if he cries, he's too young to know any other way of communication....
                      Awesome advice!

Comment

Originally posted by danceguest View Post
                        Yes babys love sounds.
                        Im taking media as an option this year and soft curved shapes comfort kids and they enjoy it.
                        So watch animated t.v, show cartoon pictures. Give him a soft curved shape thing. Lol
                        Do you mean a Boppy??

Hold the baby. A baby swing is good too. (use the seatbelt!) A bouncy seat in whatever room you're in. A blanket on the floor on his (was it a he?) tummy while he's awake. I really like a "walker" (the seats on wheels) but I guess people use Exersaucers more now. The baby can be upright and "play" with babysafe toys in front of him. Make sure the toys are safe (mom approved ) since babies put everything in their mouths :judge:

Nothing takes the place of arms though. When all else fails, walk around holding the baby. Good luck!
                        I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                        That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

My mom used to babysit our family friends daughter who was around this age and she loved Sesame Street. I think it was just all the colors and the music. It was crazy because all we had to do was turn it on and she'd be entertained. Just all comes down to the baby.

Comment

Maybe try some Baby Einstein things?

I'm not too good with kids either. Good luck Zaris!

Comment

Just hold him and talk to him. Get down on his level with him...tummy time. My daughter loves to watch me tap my fingers on the floor and she will try to grab them. Sing to him. Make him "fly" by laying on your back and holding him up in the air. Play peek a boo; too. I have a Johnny Jumper which hangs in the doorway-it's a seat that the baby can sit in and bounce in. Those are great inventions! (like $20 at Walmart)
                              :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                              Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Another stay at home mom of 4 named Jennifer?? Are you serious? :clap:
                                sigpic

Comment

yup!
                                  :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                                  Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Sweet
                                    sigpic

Comment

I love finding random stuff in the litter box... no problem there!

No advice for you though. I think just get one of those baby harness thingies so he can ride around on your chest while you do stuff. Babies like being near adults they're comfortable with, and the like being attended to and touched.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
                                        My mom used to babysit our family friends daughter who was around this age and she loved Sesame Street. I think it was just all the colors and the music. It was crazy because all we had to do was turn it on and she'd be entertained. Just all comes down to the baby.

I'm too tired to get into a big debate here, but for the record, I have an extensive background in child development focusing primarily on infant/toddler development. and a child this young should not be watching TV, it is not good for brain development...and for the majority of children that young it will not hold there attention.

it is often used as a babysitter for people that don't know a different way to stimulate an infant to encourage brain development and development of moter skills, early language skills or a sense of security.

While you are correct and it may have worked for the child you mother was babysitting...it is not recommended or in fact benificial to the child.

my advice was to give option to actualy engage and stimulate the baby.
                                        procrastibating

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X