This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity!

Is it just me or are people in general getting more and more stupid? I mean you look around and see the things that people do these days and it makes me wonder.....are people de-evolving? Personally, I think monkeys could drive better than most people! lol

Re: Stupidity!

I've been wondering the same thing. There are still good people out there but it does seem as if the "stupid" are moving in. Not only kids but both young and older adults. Could give many examples but new to the board and don't want to push my luck. This is a fun board to be part of and I'll keep it that way. Besides, I'm sure many of the people here have a lot of stories to tell also.

Do you think our parents and grandparents thought the same thing?
    Last edited by herb2linda; 09-26-2006, 10:33 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

This town has big buildings, I like food, bye.
      I find it hard
      It's hard to find
      Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Never Grow Up View Post
        Is it just me or are people in general getting more and more stupid?
        Not just you. I am constantly amazed by the idiocy of the general population. They're morons.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

My cat is more intelligent than some people I've seen.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
            My cat is more intelligent than some people I've seen.
            some people?

My cat is more than happy to explain, in simple terms so that I can understand, just who the most intelligent one in the family is.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with all of you guys. There is a HUGE chunk of today's population that are just plain stupid. I have to deal with stupid people daily at my job. My office has two windows. One is in front of my coworker who doesn't what I do and the second is in front of desk. I have not one, not two, but 5 different signs on each window explaining where to go for specific things. But do you think these morons can read? Hell no! It's even in english and spanish but it still does not work. And when I used to work at Best Buy, damn that place made my head hurt. Because of the stupid questions customers would ask sometimes. Here's a few I can remember:

"Where are your cell phones?" ... Straight ahead of you. (Look forward and you'll see them!!!)
              "Where are your movies?" ... Underneath the giant lighted sign that says movies. (I loved telling them that one, they sure felt dumb after that!) :lol:
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

The stupid makes my head hurt but sometimes is kind of funny.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I blame VMK.
                  Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                  Help support the site you love:
                  -Visit the MiceChat store
                  Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                  MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen View Post
                    I blame VMK.
                    I agree lovah.
                    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I blame VMK and roommates
                      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

It's really just a perception thing.

When you are young most people seem smart because they are older and just generally know more. As you get older you start to have less and less encounters with people who are "smarter" than yourself.

Not only that but when you are older you lose the "shield" that you had from the not-so-smart ones. As a child you had your family and close friends and schoolmates to deal with. You adjusted to them so even the "stupid" ones didn't seem so dumb since you were used to their ways. Then in College you were surrounded by a lot of pretty smart people(or at least a lot of people who pretended to be smart) then bam!, you are out in the real world and the dummies are comming at you right and left

Thirdly, as we get older time compresses. Lets say you have an encounter with a really, really stupid person every 3 days. 3 days in a 10 year olds life is 1/1200 of her reality; that's a sizeable chunk of ones life. So to the ten year old encounters with the incredibly stupid are not all that frequent. To the 30 year old though, that same 3 days represents only 1/3600 of their reality, perceptibly a shorter span of time(((this is also why time seems to go faster and faster as we age))) than the 10 year olds. So to the 30 year old the encounter with Mr. Stupid occurs every 1/3600 of their total reality while to the younger 10 year old those encounters occur much less frequently.

What were we talking about again?
                        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I thought we were talking about irresponsible drivers (I decided to reword the phrase because I thought stupid drivers is a little harsh.)

I notice this everytime I am on the 5. I know for sure that my turnsignals work because I did a visual test of them just the other day, both close up and about 25 feet away.

what is it with drivers? when I am trying to merge into another lane and I have my turn signal on, cant you wait at least 10 to 15 seconds out of your commute to let me get in the lane????????? really now. if you are/were late for the movie, then you should have left 10-15 minutes ago. if are/were late for dinner, etc, well, you know.........

anyhoo, if you see someone trying to get into another lane of traffic and that driver has his turn signal on(vehicle code: you are supposed to do this), you probably should let that individual merge.

I am not a police officer, but a friendly reminder:

DRIVING IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT.

and, you dont own the road. it is for everyone to use(SAFELY OF COURSE)

something I am curious about, what does this thread have to do with mice chat, which I thought was supposed to be about disney stuff???

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                            something I am curious about, what does this thread have to do with mice chat, which I thought was supposed to be about disney stuff???
                            This has nothing to do with Disney, but everything to do with MiceChat. MC is more than just Disney discussions. Sure there are lounges devoted to each of the parks, but there are also areas to talk about issues in general. In MC Gold we have clubs devoted to discussing everything from the Muppets, to parenting, to religion!

MiceChat is so much more than just Disney. We are a great online community of an incredibly diverse group of people bound by one thing... our love of Disney!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                              This has nothing to do with Disney, but everything to do with MiceChat. MC is more than just Disney discussions. Sure there are lounges devoted to each of the parks, but there are also areas to talk about issues in general. In MC Gold we have clubs devoted to discussing everything from the Muppets, to parenting, to religion!

MiceChat is so much more than just Disney. We are a great online community of an incredibly diverse group of people bound by one thing... our love of Disney!!!
                              Word!
                              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I used to get really, REALLY irritated at stupid people. Now, not as much as before. Mostly it's due to the fact that I realize there's a difference between stupidity and ignorance. Stupidity is when you know something is wrong, but you do it anyway (or you know that you should do something right, but you don't do it). Ignorance is just the absence of knowledge or experience; in other words, you don't know any better. Determining which actions are stupid and which are just ignorant is almost a fine art. Plus, everyone has brain fart moments, even the highly educated and intelligent. How we react to such moments, however, says a lot about character: the wise person admits the fault and feels silly, the truly stupid person starts issuing whiny defenses and excuses.

Comment

Yea, I hate stupid people. Actually I just hate people (but thank god Grumpy4 isn't one of them )

Just read my sig line. Dmom said it best.

Comment

Inconsiderate, unthinking and discourteous people who think I have to deal with them in their own little world rather than meeting me in the real one we both share.

It's like society is fragmenting to the point where the individual and their "rights" is more important than getting along with each other in a way in which we all agree.

It's like we are all having to deal with the "Ugly American".
                                    -AmandasDad

Comment

Originally posted by AmandasDad View Post
                                      Inconsiderate, unthinking and discourteous people who think I have to deal with them in their own little world rather than meeting me in the real one we both share.

It's like society is fragmenting to the point where the individual and their "rights" is more important than getting along with each other in a way in which we all agree.

It's like we are all having to deal with the "Ugly American".
                                      the stereotype "ugly american" sounds like one of the following:
                                      !) someone who needs plastic surgery
                                      2) someone who needs a bath
                                      3) someone who needs a haircut
                                      4) a really grumpy person
                                      5)one or all of the above
                                      6) all of the above, except #5 which would be redundant

Comment

All day I've been thinking, "I'm surrounded by idiots." I think it may become my new personal mantra.
                                        <o>

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X