This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadako's fun random park moments while evading Disney stalkers - 09/27/06

Yesterday JungleCruiseGal and I headed to the park for the afternoon to have some fun after a very tiring vocal coaching session.

As I entered the park, I couldn't help but feel I was being watched... I think TDA execs are catching on to my evil plans and starting to tail me!

I think they were getting tired of having the same question asked a thousand times, so let's just display the answer on the marquee!

Our first stop was Turtle Talk with Crush because my vocal coach wants me to better develop a similar voiced character for my demo. Unfortunately, the voice actor playing Crush at this presentation wasn't very good. I wasn't very impressed. You can hear him lose the character quite often. His own voice is actually higher pitched than Crush's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyU8O5UOs70

Than it was off to Tower of Terror we we noticed a few more subtle additions:

OMG! My X-Files fan-girly :love: just skipped a beat!!!

And remember, while in the library, stay on the... um... floor?

We rode with a few seemingly lost tourists. Unexplainable wackiness ensued... Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH61bJ42sWo

Um... hi...

Guys... I think we're witnessing a reenactment of DCA's conception:

Then it was off to the real park where we noticed many changes underway.
    Goodbye beautiful floral!

Hello pumpkins!

Mara didn't have many visitors... word must be getting out that well... she's kind of a *itch...

Although she does know how to decorate the place!

We went for a voyage through the Carribean and it looks like Captain Jack found his missing hat!

And then it was off to zoom through space... backwards!

As we left the park, the pumpkins lit up through magic!

But before we head home, it was time for a quick meal at the ESPN Zone, where it seems drunken sports fans were getting rowdy

Or maybe they were just there to catch purple haired clutzes with a knack for shattering glasses

Last edited by Sadako; 09-28-2006, 12:16 PM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Sadako's fun random park moments while evading Disney stalkers - 09/27/06

Originally posted by Sadako View Post

We then headed over to California Screamin'... and I think just being in DCA is lowering my brain activity...

Thanks for the pics, well done.

Can you explain what you mean with this pic/caption?

Comment

like wow dude... lol

what was with the audio and anmation off sink?

interesting girls... um... they should go to knotts... they will have more fun there.. lol

great photos.. and nice videos.

Comment

OMG! My X-Files fan-girly :love: just skipped a beat!!!

Oh Yay!!!! That is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
          like wow dude... lol

what was with the audio and anmation off sink?

interesting girls... um... they should go to knotts... they will have more fun there.. lol

great photos.. and nice videos.
          YouTube is messed up. The videos are perfectly synced on my computer, but it always screws up the sync when it puts them online.

As for the girls... I loved messing with them. When we sat down in the elevator, they started talking in uppity english accents, trying to get the bellhops attention; so to mess with them, I turned back to look at them and using the same accent said "Excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?". Everyone on our side died of laughter long enough for the CM to close the elevator.
          Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Sorry I don't find that particular photo about DCA lowering brain activity entertaining. Poor taste :thumbdown:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
              Sorry I don't find that particular photo about DCA lowering brain activity entertaining. Poor taste :thumbdown:
              You have my vote.

I work in special education, so perhaps my threshold is lower then normal, but when someone is making fun of persons with disabilities, I think that is really poor form. It's especially ironic sense DLR and even MC are very open and welcoming to our friends and family who may have a disability. Even now, there are multiple active threads on disabilities and how they affect our MC pals.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                You have my vote.

I work in special education, so perhaps my threshold is lower then normal, but when someone is making fun of persons with disabilities, I think that is really poor form. It's especially ironic sense DLR and even MC are very open and welcoming to our friends and family who may have a disability. Even now, there are multiple active threads on disabilities and how they affect our MC pals.
                A former special education teacher here, so I can't agree more.

Comment

I work in special education, so perhaps my threshold is lower then normal, but when someone is making fun of persons with disabilities, I think that is really poor form.
                  I don't think it has anything to do with a lower threshold than normal, it is a simply about maturity.

Comment

Agreed, I am sure you did not intentionally set out to cause any hard feelings by the post although it is important that we do not use stereotypes or imitations of physically or mentally challenged people for a jokes sake.

As someone who has a family member who is challenged, I found it very insulting.

Now I know you did not intend for it to be that offensive but it was taken as such.

No big deal, I would just please ask you to rethink that post and change it for the sensitivity of other members and people affected by it.

Comment

Hey! Disney's California Adventure is a REAL park! If California Adventure "lowers" your "brain activity," then why do you go???? :thumbdown

Comment

I think it is especially interesting, since the OP reported feeling like people were making fun of her a while back, for a different reason. I guess it's 'Do as I say, not as I do.'

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                          Agreed, I am sure you did not intentionally set out to cause any hard feelings by the post although it is important that we do not use stereotypes or imitations of physically or mentally challenged people for a jokes sake.

As someone who has a family member who is challenged, I found it very insulting.

Now I know you did not intend for it to be that offensive but it was taken as such.

No big deal, I would just please ask you to rethink that post and change it for the sensitivity of other members and people affected by it.
                          I'm sorry, it was not my intention to be offensive. I apologize if it seemed that way. I myself have a family member who's mentally challenged and one of my best friends brother is as well. I've removed it for others sensitivity, although if you quoted it, you might want to remove it as well.
                          Julie Rei

Comment

Thanks for the response, It was a questionable joke in an otherwise nice trip report unfortunately many people do not realize "Retarded" jokes and the like are so hurtful (thanks to south park trash TV and the like) It is up to each of us to really educate those who may not understand the impact it has on people.

Comment

I think it is especially interesting, since the OP reported feeling like people were making fun of her a while back, for a different reason. I guess it's 'Do as I say, not as I do.'
                              There's a difference between personal attacks directed specifically towards me, which is what I experienced and a random comment made spur of the moment that wasn't directed towards anyone.

Would you mind deleting the quote to not offend the sensitivity of other members please.
                              Last edited by Sadako; 09-28-2006, 12:47 PM.
                              Julie Rei

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                                Thanks for the response, It was a questionable joke in an otherwise nice trip report unfortunately many people do not realize "Retarded" jokes and the like are so hurtful (thanks to south park trash TV and the like) It is up to each of us to really educate those who may not understand the impact it has on people.
                                Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. I have several cousins with disabilities and I saw one of them mocked once and it made me physically ill. And my former students were all people with significant disabilities--both physically and mentally.

So while I appreciate the apology Sadako, I also think of those people on the coaster with you....your pic is in their pic. I'm not going to lecture, I just think it's in poor taste. You know it already, you just see it differently than me. Hey, my sig is in poor taste.....but...well....that's just me. I'm not going to beat you up over it, but you can take it out of your photobucket account, then it won't show up in the quoted post either.

Comment

Julie, I loved the pics and the video. every time I see one of your funny video;s I laugh so hard. Thank you the pics were also awsome !

Comment

There's a difference between personal attacks directed specifically towards me, which is what I experienced and a random comment made spur of the moment that wasn't directed towards anyone.

So it only doesn't matter if it you personally direct it at anyone in particular. As long a you get a laugh at others expense and not you. What a double standard!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                                      So while I appreciate the apology Sadako, I also think of those people on the coaster with you....your pic is in their pic.
                                      That's actually JungleCruiseGal and her friend affectionately known as Welder Dude, who didn't really care too much about they picture. They just seemed to give me very confused looks.
                                      Julie Rei

Comment

So it only doesn't matter if it you personally direct it at anyone in particular. As long a you get a laugh at others expense and not you. What a double standard!
                                        Huh?

And there's a huge difference when people and supposed "news" sites are making false insinuations. The incident in question was a lot more complex than a simple comment that wasn't directed towards anyone.
                                        Last edited by Sadako; 09-28-2006, 01:23 PM.
                                        Julie Rei

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X