This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking something from the parks.

When you have the urge to swipe a prop of item from the park, what do you take? Give us what you have done.

Personally, I have swiped a piece of moss of tarzan's treehouse once!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Taking something from the parks.

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I am a napkin fiend. I always take a few (handful) more and use them at home.

Comment

Interestingly enough, a good guideline for Disney's merchandise buyers and designers would be to stock the shops with what could be props.

People want to take home with them little pieces of Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
        Interestingly enough, a good guideline for Disney's merchandise buyers and designers would be to stock the shops with what could be props.

People want to take home with them little pieces of Disneyland.
        Hey! I like that idea! LOL. I'd totally buy something that looked like a prop from a ride....hmmm....

Comment

Disneyland used to sell things that looked like they came from Frontierland or Adventureland or Tomorrowland. But, now, every shop has the same souvenirs, and none of them support the show anymore.

Comment

Personally, I could never bring myself to steal something from the park. Not a big fan of stealing in the first place. Secondly, why would you want to essentially destroy something you claim to love so much by damaging it?

I was always tempted to grab a vinyl leaf from the Swiss Family Treehouse, but never did. I also wanted to grab a piece of ballast (the crushed granite gravel surrounding the train tracks), but couldn't even bring myself to steal so much as a single tiny stone.

That said, I do have pieces from the DRR in my collection that no doubt made their way out of the park under suspicious circumstances--costume pieces, for example, and even decorative items from the trains themselves. Often, items like these can be found on Ebay.

Of course, the people I've gotten these items from may very well have been allowed to take them legitimately--I have no way of knowing, and I guess that gives me some sense of it being OK that I have them.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
              Disneyland used to sell things that looked like they came from Frontierland or Adventureland or Tomorrowland. But, now, every shop has the same souvenirs, and none of them support the show anymore.

It's really sad that the shops don't fit the story anymore.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I picked up a piece of the thatched roof from the swiss family tree house. It had fallen to the ground. I wouldn't destroy anything. I was only 8 or 9 so I probably didn't really view it as stealing. I just picked it up and put it in my little brothers stroller. There are things that I would like to own but I wouldn't steal them.
                Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  I don't know about everyone else, but personally I am a napkin fiend. I always take a few (handful) more and use them at home.
                  As do I. And I have sugar packets galore.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I would never steal/take anything from the park....thats just tacky....(taking a napkin isn't stealing....LOL)

Comment

Yesterday I got an extra paper plate under my slice of pizza at Pizza Port - and I took it!

What a rebel...

It says "The Happiest Place on Earth" - how could I not?
                      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

I don't think the original poster was talking about taking items that Disney expects you to take, or actually gives you--like napkins or sugar packets or plates or cups...I think he meant something a little more sinister, since he mentions taking "props," meaning actual pieces of the park itself.
                        Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 10-09-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Ask those two kids that tried to take a "prop" from the Haunted Mansion a couple of months back if it is worth trying to grab a souvenier without getting it from a gift shop...

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                            When you have the urge to swipe a prop of item from the park, what do you take? Give us what you have done.

Personally, I have swiped a piece of moss of tarzan's treehouse once!

I don't advocate stealing. Ciminality doesn't do a lot to show your love for the park.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                              Personally, I could never bring myself to steal something from the park. Not a big fan of stealing in the first place. Secondly, why would you want to essentially destroy something you claim to love so much by damaging it?
                              Good post!
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Technically, taking extra napkins or condiments and using them at home is steeling as you are going beyond the expected use at the park, but I suspect it would be bad publicity if Disney pressed charges. Plus, it might be hard to determine what is considered extra. Disney might, instead, decide it was too expensive to stock napkins and then everyone would have to walk around with food on their faces.

Comment

I could never take something from the park, it feels to much like home.

Comment

My friend got me blue bayou silverware.

Comment

I have an entrance rope from the Golden Horseshoe somehwere. I have no idea how I got it though.
                                      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                                        Technically, taking extra napkins or condiments and using them at home is steeling as you are going beyond the expected use at the park, but I suspect it would be bad publicity if Disney pressed charges. Plus, it might be hard to determine what is considered extra. Disney might, instead, decide it was too expensive to stock napkins and then everyone would have to walk around with food on their faces.
                                        I don't make a habit of stocking up on cheap rough napkins, (I never have taken them home, but I take a bunch when I'm there. Sometimes the food gets messy...LOL) but taking a napkin over a prop is minor. I have never taken sweet and low or other condiments either. It's so cheap just to buy it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X