Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Bull****

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Hey, criticism of the modding style or of policy is alright. We welcome critiques of that sort as a guide to possible course corrections. Discussions of particular moderator actions, however, is not cool and will not be allowed. Such discussions involve private matters concerning actual individuals and are not going to be fodder for discussion.

    As for the subject of pornography and obscenity, there is a fine line to be tread. We prefer not to have either, but we draw the line between the line drawing that is obscenity and the photographs of human beings in sexual situations that is pornography.

    Again, this is a policy and we welcome discussion of it. Perhaps we should move the line closer to eliminating even links to obscenity and remove such things as the link to the line drawing. I'm sure the policy will be getting some fine tuning and clearer definition in the coming days. I should point out, however, that the Disney character orgy drawing has been making general news of late ... and that - despite what the poster may have thought - sex happening on Disney attractions is hardly news at all.


    I'd also like to point out that perhaps the member who posted the Pirates image apparently thought they were being proper when they followed misguided advice to repost the image as a link in the Litter Box, rather than as an image in the DLP forum. I don't believe they were trying to "get around the system" when they did that. But, when there's even a question of how something, um, questionable should be posted ... please ask a moderator or administrator and DO NOT rely on the opinions of other members. (And if you don't think that a photo of someone getting blown on Pirates of the Caribbean is questionable, you need a serious reality check).
    __________________

    Comment


    • #42
      I didn't think I was on Dateline. I thought, hey, there have been Leslie Nielsen films with more graphic portayals. I showed the picture to closer friends, then I wrongly posted it on something a little more public. It was stupid. I get it. I do a lot of stupid things, unfortunately.

      sex happening on Disney attractions is hardly news at all.
      Well, if you say so, haha.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Flint
        Chat boards are not democracies, they are dictatorships.

        Openly questioning moderation decisions is a very stupid thing to do.
        Absolutely pathetic.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by innerSpaceman
          we draw the line between the line drawing that is obscenity and the photographs of human beings in sexual situations that is pornography.
          I disagree, the content is the same whethere drawn or an actual photogrpah. It's like saying, well, it's just DRAWINGS of people so it's okay, but if it's an actual photograph, that's worse. No, the content is the same. But if that's the dubious line you want to draw, that's your choice, but I'll still voice my opinion about the dubious nature of that choice.


          Originally posted by innerSpaceman
          Perhaps we should move the line closer to eliminating even links to obscenity and remove such things as the link to the line drawing.
          Yes, that is exactly what you should do, IMO. Either they both stay or they both should go.


          Originally posted by innerSpaceman
          I'd also like to point out that perhaps the member who posted the Pirates image apparently thought they were being proper when they followed misguided advice to repost the image as a link in the Litter Box, rather than as an image in the DLP forum. I don't believe they were trying to "get around the system" when they did that.
          I don't see how the advice was misguided, considering a pornographic picture with a link was *already* posted in another thread.


          Originally posted by innerSpaceman
          (And if you don't think that a photo of someone getting blown on Pirates of the Caribbean is questionable, you need a serious reality check).
          No more questionable than an animated orgy.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
            I have an idea...why don't you just get over it! Why do you want to post this garbage anyway? Its not even funny, its really in poor taste.
            I thought it was funny.

            Comment


            • #46
              It's not funny Adventurer.

              Link or image, don't post photographs of couples engaged in sex on MiceChat again.

              Comment


              • #47
                Look, if the mods had thought it would be okay to put it in the litter box, they would have moved the thread for you. They didn't.

                Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Evil Minion
                  It's not funny Adventurer.

                  Link or image, don't post photographs of couples engaged in sex on MiceChat again.
                  Whether or not it's funny is a matter of opinion.

                  I didn't post it. Pussnboots did.

                  Drawings of people and animals engaged in sex is okay?

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Morrigoon
                    Look, if the mods had thought it would be okay to put it in the litter box, they would have moved the thread for you. They didn't.
                    I'm not so sure about that.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      The 1970's poster you're complaining about was in an article someone linked to. The poster is sexual but not graphic like the photograph of the live couple having oral sex on POTC in EDL.

                      As others have stated, get over it.

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        I think this would be where we all acquire a sense of humour and move on in the pretense that we're not petty people.

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Originally posted by Adventurer
                          I'm not so sure about that.
                          Oh I am. Much like I'm sure you could use a time out real soon.

                          Let it go.

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Originally posted by Evil Minion
                            The 1970's poster you're complaining about was in an article someone linked to. The poster is sexual but not graphic like the photograph of the live couple having oral sex on POTC in EDL.

                            As others have stated, get over it.
                            The poster is not graphic? Are you kidding? Plus, in the POTC pic, you CAN'T SEE the guys appendage, and the participants are fully clothed.

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Yes, you can

                              Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                              Comment


                              • #55
                                (Um, well, you can't, actually. Her hand was covering it fully.)

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  I think it's weird that someone could get SO friggin upset about a thread getting closed. Sheesh. It happens. Mourn it, and move on.

                                  I think the mods around here are damn good at what they do. There are no strict guidelines for what is allowed and what isn't. They do the best they can and call it when they see it. Not to mention the fact that there are many mods and they each have to make decisions as they see fit. Most people can be even headed and understanding about that.

                                  And I hardly think the policies around here need to be reviewed because one guy is gonna burst an anneurism over a closed thread.
                                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson


                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Adventurer, take a time out.

                                    Comment

                                    Get Away Today Footer

                                    Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X