This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic posts from "Dead or Alive"

Can anyone tell me what is better month to attend the Parks Feb or March, and do we have an exact date of when that California Sign will get the Vegas treatment?
    Dave

Re: 10/9: Dead or Alive?

I love his articles, but what the hell was up with that "DoM" Section. It sounds like well I kind of got lost in that section. Well anyways SAVE THE CALIFORNIA SIGN!
    Granted I am one of only two Republicans in Northern California, but I would be willing to join like minded people in doing a good old fashioned liberal sit in to save the sign. Who's with me?
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
      Can anyone tell me what is better month to attend the Parks Feb or March, and do we have an exact date of when that California Sign will get the Vegas treatment?
      Seeing that they haven't even started the construction on the main entrance yet, I would guess it's too early to tell when it's all done.

February and March are both relatively the same since it's both in the off-season. However, you gotta be careful on where Spring Break falls this year... not all areas have the same Spring Breaks now and usually it can last the entire months of March and April.

Maybe the Disneyland-forums would be a better place to ask this. 8
      Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-09-2007, 10:06 AM.
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
        Seeing that they haven't even started the construction on the main entrance yet, I would guess it's too early to tell when it's all done.

February and March are both relatively the same since it's both in the off-season. However, you gotta be careful on where Spring Break falls this year... not all areas have the same Spring Breaks now and usually it can last the entire months of March and April.

Maybe the Disneyland-forums would be a better place to ask this. 8
        How do I get to these hidden forms. Do I need to be a Democrat? I can pretend, just don't tell anyone. I can even fake it, and say how much I hate BUSH, and how he along with Aliens caused 9/11.
        Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-09-2007, 10:03 AM. Reason: poor grammer was educated in Duarte, CA, Sorry!
        Dave

Comment

Sorrry I went too far implicating Aliens!
          Dave

Comment

How do I get to these hidden forms. Do I need to be a Democrat? I can pretend, just don't tell anyone. I can even fake it, and say how much I hate BUSH, and how he along with Aliens caused 9/11.
            Um. Okay.
            Burnt Toast

Comment

Im sorry but your idea will not work, We (the democrats) have a top secret handshake, and its in the bylaws that we cannot tell any republican what it is. Sorry!
              THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Too Cool!!!
                Dave

Comment

Hey CaliforniaAdventurer, tahoebob54 (My new Democratic friend) or anyone else, am I wrong in wanting to keep the California sign. I just feel it adds a bit of charm to the what I feel is an underachieving park with alot of potential.
                  Dave

Comment

Dead or Alive

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                    *sigh* I made my initial comments based on disagreement with your opinion, not as an AP or a local or anything else. "Class of 1994" (in your sig line) could mean anything.
                    Again, you wouldn't have made that comment (no mention of CMs anywhere in the DoM editorial) if you didn't know I was a CM. Even bringing it up wouldn't have made sense since it would have had nothing to do with anything. Just admit you've been caught and move on... Please trying to quit trying to feign innocence after you've been caught. 8

(FYI - Aren't you not supposed to be posting on Disney message boards though as a CM? People get in trouble all the time for that sort of thing, you know, but I guess you really haven't been paying attention).
                    Ah, the AP urban legend of sorts. We can post and participate on the internet, boards, BBSes (yes, I'm that old), newsgroups... we just can't post Company secrets (no ruining the magic on how stuff works, for instance) or officially represent ourselves as a legal spokesperson for the Company. I can help you find the information that you need, within already established publically available reference materials and resources, but I can't make operational decisions or "promise" anything that would normally be out of my means of control. Again, something that you have no clue about yet you feel that you can chime in with these catty comments on how I haven't been "paying attention".

I'm sorry that you've turned this discussion into your own personal CM war against the guests. Apparently re-doing that Traditions class did you a world of good.
                    I do nothing of the sort, I'm sorry that you're so jaded and spiteful to automatically lump CMs that don't agree with Al's take on DoMs as anti-Guest... that's really sad honestly. I stated that I don't like the term, the way it was presented, or the whole purpose of grouping people that have differing opinions then the almighty Al as something that is automatically bad based on his standard. That doesn't make me out to be anti-Guest, like you wish to portray me as, it makes me anti-concept of DoM and how we are being told to treat them.

I'll just sit back and watch Al's fanatical army (which I expect you to be leading the charge) and the DoMs war and rip apart each other... because I fear that's what is going to happen now since the okay has been given. I guess starting today, so much for having differing opinions and likes/dislikes on this board lest you want to be labeled a villainous DoM. I expect the DoMs to lose and their hideous taint be driven away from this board, making this a very boring, sterile, and hostile to newcomers board that won't serve the Disney fan community well at all.

Kevin and Al have a tendency to overuse terms that they've made up (like DoD and now probably with DoM)... however, DoM is meant to be used in a derogatory way that is just going to be used to hurt people with differing opinions and likes/dislikes... that's wrong.

BTW, you should honestly attempt to come up for air sometimes, I'm sure Al doesn't need you brown-nosing him that far in.
                    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM.
                    Burnt Toast

Comment

Again, you wouldn't have made that comment (no mention of CMs anywhere in the DoM editorial) if you didn't know I was a CM. Even bringing it up wouldn't have made sense since it would have had nothing to do with anything. Just admit you've been caught and move on... Please trying to quit trying to feign innocence after you've been caught. 8

BTW, you should honestly attempt to come up for air sometimes, I'm sure Al doesn't need you brown-nosing him that far in.
                      Thanks Georgie Bush, but repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

I know that you probably don't give a mouse's arse, but your post has been reported to the mods. I'm sure you'll be better appreciated at MouseInfo where you can spread all the venom you want, so do us all a favor, thanks!
                      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Anyways, I'm done with this. It's just sad to me how some folks fail to see what harm can be brought with chastising and labeling folks with different likes and dislikes instead of celebrating that they have a pretty good diverse community of Disney fans with a wide range of personal values, ideals, backgrounds, and tastes. What makes me even sadder is that some of you guys just celebrated unofficial Gay Days at the Resort and probably know first hand how truly harmful labels and ridicule can be by those who think that they know what's best for everyone else... yet in this case it's totally acceptable because it's not against them.
                        Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, the straw man argument, the "why are you making personal attacks you f'ing piece of crap" approach.... it's all there in one neat little paragraph.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Now can we please get back to discussing the rest of the article, thanks! Much more interesting.
                        I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                        sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X