X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kitty Litter?

Hello
    I'm not sure where to put this thread, but it is literally about litter.
    Anyhow - last Thursday I adopted a new kitty, she is 4 months old. I have gone to the store and cannot decide which Kitty litter is the best. They all offer something good but I'm not sure which one is the best.
    I need something that is non-dusty and clumps well.
    Help!
    Here she is:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: Which Kitty Litter?

Congratulations on your new family member, she's beautiful. I use Tidy Cats with crystals and it holds up to 3 cats using it.

I hope she brings you lots of joy!

Comment

I look forward to this thread, it has real possibilities of going downhill fast.
      Originally posted by SummerInFL
      Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
      Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

I get mine from Target. It's called "Swheat Scoop" and it is made from wheat, which is renewable, as opposed to clay which is not. Not real dusty, and it does clump. Maybe not as good as some of the other ones, but not enough to worry about. The renewable aspect really sold me. Plus if kitty licks it off her fur, it won't cause her gut to bind up like some litter can do.
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I buy mine from Sams Club. It comes in a bucket that's almost too heavy to carry. Sorry don't remember the brand.

Comment

I have tried every litter under the sun; every price point, every ingredient, everything! And I can say, that the best, by far, is Green Tea Leaves.

http://www.nextgenpet.com/products.html

All natural, smells just like tea, and really holds up to multi-cat odors. It's light-weight and long lasting and clumps just fine.

Okay. I'm done playing the shill...
            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
            Words hurt.

Comment

I have always used cat cyrstals. there more expensive, but we had only one cat and they worked awsomely! no smell, and no mess. we changed the crysytals every 2 weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas :]
                For now I am going to try out the Next Gen Pet Product one.
                And as for mousechild's remark, I will not comment.
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Green tea cat litter? Fascinating. Next time I need new litter I'll check that out. Where do you buy it?
                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I get mine here:

http://petsupplyonline.net/

(The store, not the website...)
                    Words hurt.

Comment

Looks like you can buy straight from the manufacturer, too.
                      Words hurt.

Comment

I don't remember the brand, but we also use the all blue crystal kind. Our cats are particularly stinky little demons, and only the crystals are able to absorb the hellish stench. It's really easy to clean up too. No dust or anything.

Congrats on the new little furball!

Comment

Fresh Scoop Crystals? That one?

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                            I get mine from Target. It's called "Swheat Scoop" and it is made from wheat, which is renewable, as opposed to clay which is not. Not real dusty, and it does clump. Maybe not as good as some of the other ones, but not enough to worry about. The renewable aspect really sold me. Plus if kitty licks it off her fur, it won't cause her gut to bind up like some litter can do.
                            You forgot the best part, you scoop that $hit (well that's what it is ) and flush it down the toilet. Great stuff.

Comment

I tried the blue crystal scoop and it was terrible - it made the room smell and humid (odd?) I'll try the wheat one too Thanks

Comment

I'm telling you...tea leaves are the way to go! And when you're scooping, you can read your fortune! )
                                Words hurt.

Comment

Thanks, aristocat! I'll check that out.

And yes, it is nice to be able to flush the poopie down the toilet. I don't usually, but I could.

Comment

Petco...where fly balls go to die. :lol: :lmao:

Comment

Hopefully you can post some pics of your new little thing! I just wanted to say I think its quit funny because you think when they say Litter Box it has something to do with cats..LOL
                                      Originally posted by aashee
                                      When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.
                                      :lol:

VMK Name:IAnglez

Comment

I normally get "Fresh Step".
                                        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X