Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the &%^@(&^$)* am I gonna do with my life now?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the &%^@(&^$)* am I gonna do with my life now?

Okay so I got a bit of a dilemma and I am sooooo last minute about it. I gotta make a decision in a day or two about whether or not I wanna stay on the Disney College Program. This college program has been nothing but metaphoric suicide for me and the longest months of my life. Why not go home you ask? I'm from Indiana. They got nothing in Indiana for people who graduated with a double major in Creative Writing and film production. I was really really hoping for a professional internship. I applied for several and didnt hear from anyone. I told my manager about it and he said to talk to casting. I talked to casting and they told me to call the jobline because they dont deal with professional internships. I went through several connections on the hotline but they dont have a special line for professional internships. I tried waiting for a random rep only to get a "sorry we cant take your call at this time, bye" every time. Finally I decided to just select one of the lines and ask them to connect me. They said that theyre done accpeting applications. I dunno if that means theyve already selected who they wanted for the internships or if they are just saying that the deadline for applying has passed. If it's the latter then they must be deaf or ignorant cuz I told them that I had already sent my applications for these jobs before they were due.

So I really dont want to extend this CP thing but I may not have a choice. Of sure I can change my job if I wanted to. I'm strongly considering auditioning to be a character. But the living conditions are sub par and I hate knowing that I will wind up living with people I'm not gonna get along with...again. The transportation system down here sucks too but my parents wont let me have a car down here and if I dont stay in the CP housing I'm gonna have to deal with the burden of finding housing in a whole nother state far away from home with no car.

My biggest problem with staying here...HOW IS DOING AN UNRELATED MINIMUM WAGE JOB GONNA MAKE ME A TV PRODUCER?!!! By staying here I will feel like I am wasting my time. If I go back to Indiana I will also feel like I am wasting my time. I wanted to advance upwards towards my careers goals not be stuck doing the same junk over and over!

Sorry for the rant. I wont blame ya if this topic gets tossed. But I sense the pressure of what I am gonna do with my life building up again.

So help if ya can.

Re: What the &%^@(&^$)* am I gonna do with my life now?

Look at what you're doing as simply paying your dues. As you said, there is nothing for you in Indiana if you want to become a producer. At least in the college program you can search out areas where you can pick up some knowledge here, some there that might help you further down the road. Better than that though is your opportunity to network. Get out and meet people. Chances are that your peers right now will be in important places later, so get to know them. Someday in the future when you end up in Hollywood, you never know when a call to so-and-so from back in your Disney days might turn into a break that gets you in the door somewhere.

Take a deep breath, relax and try to look at it fresh. And don't forget, you work at Disney World! You can go to the parks whenever you want. And, you live in Florida! Trust me, there will be a day someday when you stop and think, "Man, I wish I was in Florida and could hang out in EPCOT right now." Enjoy that you can right now.

Good luck whatever you choose. I hope it all works out for the best.

Comment

Re: What the &%^@(&^$)* am I gonna do with my life now?

wow you picked a major that is hard to fill, maybe you should have been a doctor :lol: sorry just wanted to make a joke. but seriously, you did pick somehting that you would need to be in a big city ofr, and something hard to get into. not sure what you need to do, but either stick it out in hopes of some day making it, or go back to college and take another course in something as a back up.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X