Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you really bring a shopping cart into California Adventure?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by stovk View Post
    It's the new "Homelessland". It also features fine Dumpster Diving cuisine and the "Tower of Hepatitis-A Terror". Personally I am looking forward to meeting the Panhandlers during the Character Breakfast.

    Sheesh Disney, get control of you Park.
    It's all part of the new promotional campaign for the third gate, currently being built next to Angel Stadium...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Natalie Price; 10-11-2017, 08:10 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      This is an odd photo. Unless I see some photos of the dude with the cart inside the park, though, I'm not going to believe they let him in with it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by emanon17 View Post
        Can't copy and paste this for whatever reason, but here's "Prohibited Items" as per Disney Park Rules & Regulations.

        (at the very least, a shopping cart falls under "m")
        Why would it be prohibited? You can find a shopping cart on nearly every street corner of the Valley, so it certainly adds to the "California" theme. The place really does need more shopping carts and more graffiti to really capture the "California" look.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
          STRANGE.......there must be something to it, more than what we know ?
          There actually is an explanation to this. But I'll let a CM "In the know" fill in the details.

          Comment


          • #20
            Unless there's a pic of the cart inside the gates of the park, I'm not believing they were let in.
            It's suspect to me that the person who took the photo would be able to get that shot on the esplanade, but not get photo evidence of the cart inside the gates.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

              It's all part of the new promotional campaign for the third gate, currently being built next to Angel Stadium...
              Instead ​of always turning your nose at people who probably have some very unfortunate luck, maybe you could focus all that energy on maybe helping to find a solution or being a catalyst for a positive change.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rockford Punch View Post

                Instead ​of always turning your nose at people who probably have some very unfortunate luck, maybe you could focus all that energy on maybe helping to find a solution or being a catalyst for a positive change.
                Agreed. The "promotional campaign" comment was tone deaf and lacks any sense of empathy.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rockford Punch View Post

                  Instead ​of always turning your nose at people who probably have some very unfortunate luck, maybe you could focus all that energy on maybe helping to find a solution or being a catalyst for a positive change.
                  Here we go. Humorless people and the lecture begins. BTW, the use of the term "always" means you are intimately familiar with the poster's thoughts and actions?

                  The City, County, State and Federal Governments take a lot out of my pay check to find "solutions". 85% of the "unfortunate luck" is self inflicted. And before you tell me I don't understand their situation, I know a hell a lot more about the homeless situation than most people ever will...it's part of my job.

                  That's all I'm going to say on the matter, in this forum. Lighten up.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by stovk View Post

                    Here we go. Humorless people and the lecture begins. BTW, the use of the term "always" means you are intimately familiar with the poster's thoughts and actions?

                    The City, County, State and Federal Governments take a lot out of my pay check to find "solutions". 85% of the "unfortunate luck" is self inflicted. And before you tell me I don't understand their situation, I know a hell a lot more about the homeless situation than most people ever will...it's part of my job.

                    That's all I'm going to say on the matter, in this forum. Lighten up.
                    Apparently it's okay for you (and everyone else) to show a little humor on this site, but I'm strictly forbidden. Oh well. I guess those are the forum rules.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Unfortunately I was unable to screenshot the thread I saw about this on Twitter before the poster deleted it, but the answer to this was reported by other guests. The shopping cart pictures were indeed taken yesterday, and the item was permitted through security with special approval from Disney. It is used as an assistive device for a young guest with autism who relies on the item for emotional comfort. Disney made the decision to allow this guest with a disability to have this item in the parks, certainly making this guest's day and allowing them to experience all Disney has to offer.

                      I appreciate the curiosity from Micechatters who were legitimately wondering about this and reserved judgment. I understand the fact that we didn't know the whole story, but in this case I find the snide comments about homelessness and "declining by degrees" somewhat distasteful, especially if someone was aware of the reasoning. Maybe this is a time where we think twice before jumping to conclusions and posting a reply...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by stovk View Post

                        Here we go. Humorless people and the lecture begins. BTW, the use of the term "always" means you are intimately familiar with the poster's thoughts and actions?

                        The City, County, State and Federal Governments take a lot out of my pay check to find "solutions". 85% of the "unfortunate luck" is self inflicted. And before you tell me I don't understand their situation, I know a hell a lot more about the homeless situation than most people ever will...it's part of my job.

                        That's all I'm going to say on the matter, in this forum. Lighten up.
                        Have you taken a moment to see the poster's history on the subject? And as far as my humor, personality, temperament or demeanor, you have absolutely zero idea. Fact is, like a few other posters have said, it's tasteless to make crass comments about others who for whatever reason, aren't as fortunate in life as maybe we are. Period.

                        I know this is a site about Disney and ​​​​​​the parks, and the discussion usually leans in that direction. But if you've noticed, she brings it upon herself to drag the other stuff into said discussion to begin with. And then it's fair game to respond to it.

                        No need for me to lighten up, but thank you for the helpful advice anyways.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rockford Punch View Post

                          Have you taken a moment to see the poster's history on the subject? And as far as my humor, personality, temperament or demeanor, you have absolutely zero idea. Fact is, like a few other posters have said, it's tasteless to make crass comments about others who for whatever reason, aren't as fortunate in life as maybe we are. Period.

                          I know this is a site about Disney and ​​​​​​the parks, and the discussion usually leans in that direction. But if you've noticed, she brings it upon herself to drag the other stuff into said discussion to begin with. And then it's fair game to respond to it.

                          No need for me to lighten up, but thank you for the helpful advice anyways.
                          Then take your own advice and do something about it instead of admonishing her. Watcha think?
                          sigpic

                          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                            Unfortunately I was unable to screenshot the thread I saw about this on Twitter before the poster deleted it, but the answer to this was reported by other guests. The shopping cart pictures were indeed taken yesterday, and the item was permitted through security with special approval from Disney. It is used as an assistive device for a young guest with autism who relies on the item for emotional comfort. Disney made the decision to allow this guest with a disability to have this item in the parks, certainly making this guest's day and allowing them to experience all Disney has to offer.

                            I appreciate the curiosity from Micechatters who were legitimately wondering about this and reserved judgment. I understand the fact that we didn't know the whole story, but in this case I find the snide comments about homelessness and "declining by degrees" somewhat distasteful, especially if someone was aware of the reasoning. Maybe this is a time where we think twice before jumping to conclusions and posting a reply...
                            Thank you so much for the reply and clarification!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Druggas View Post

                              Then take your own advice and do something about it instead of admonishing her. Watcha think?
                              Funny you bring that up, as I actually have contributed both time and funds doing just that. But keep guessing and assuming.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

                                Apparently it's okay for you (and everyone else) to show a little humor on this site, but I'm strictly forbidden. Oh well. I guess those are the forum rules.
                                Thank you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X