Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicking others out for parades / fireworks viewing spots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking others out for parades / fireworks viewing spots?

So went to Disneyland and went on a bunch of rides before fireworks. Then afterwards I go to the premium viewing area for fireworks by the castle 10 minutes before it starts at 9:30pm. I go under the rope after I found an empty spot I could stand in, and the viewing spot by the castle was packed but still had room for one person. Then the person I stepped in front started getting angry at me saying they waited since 6pm for the 9:30pm showing. Then some other angry dad way starts talking to me saying I have to leave, saying he also waited 3 hours and said something like "my kids want to see fireworks". Then a bunch of other people start joining in on the bickering and start ganging up on me to leave. Why do these parents try bringing up their kids into petty fights, having kids does not entitle you to kick others out.

Eventually some lady said she went to get security. And I just ended up walking behind them getting as far away to make it harder for them to find me. And also to try satisfy this angry mob by standing far enough from them that I was not in their way. While I was trying to walk back, some girl tried blocking me but I walked to briskly that I made her spill her soda.

They were still angry and wanted me kicked out just because they didn't like me, probably because they felt insulted for waiting 3 hours just to see some guy come in their section 10 minutes before the show. A cast member did approach me. She just said I can stay in my spot since I was not in the angry mobs way anymore, and she offered to let me sit in reserved section. I still had a pretty good spot by the castle, I just walked to the back, but since fireworks are in the sky it really did not matter if people were in front of me.

I understand their frustration that they waited 3+ hours for the best fireworks viewing spots, but there was still room for me to stand. And I offered to go behind them since they waited longer. They still were not satisfied, they wanted to be kicked out even if I was not in their way. Just because they felt waiting 3 hours gives them the power to not let other people in when there is still room.

I have an annual pass so I'm not worried if a day didn't go as planned. But some of these people expect to have a perfect Disneyland visit and will step on others just to get their way.

Ah, seems like you violated one of the basic Disney park rules. Beware an angry mob who has been waiting hours for a good viewing spot, only for someone to squeeze in ten minutes before and block their view. What you did wasn't necessarily forbidden, but it's against basic courtesy. They shouldn't have ganged up on you, but you also shouldn't have called them dumb. They may have been once-in-a-life-time tourists. And, even if just subconsciously, we all "expect" to have a perfect Disneyland trip because we're paying a lot of money for it. Even if you go behind them, you're still in front of someone behind them, so either there's a spot in the very back or you're just shuffling around with everyone till you get back there.

Let me give an example. I see this often in my town. We have an abundance of two-lane roads that, after a light, eventually merge into one. At the red light, most cars stop at the lane that will become the through-lane after the light. Usually people will stop in that line as a courtesy, even if it means longer getting through the intersection. Sure enough, someone will come speeding down the second lane and, as soon as the light turns green, slam on the gas and cut past everyone who's been waiting patiently in the other lane. Basically, even though what they're doing is legal (aside from speeding), they're basically giving a middle finger to everyone waiting and saying that their time is more important than yours.

Maybe next time ask if it's okay if you, and only you, can squeeze in there -- in a polite and friendly voice -- and gauge the reaction.
    Last edited by HiddenMickey87; 06-07-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Wrong place and Wrong squeeze.......didn't go as planned?
      Sorry........"I do not care"
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

They were jerks, plain and simple. If it's not a paid premium section, then it's first-come-first-served and you had every right to be there. They can kick rocks if they don't like it. They can wait for three hours or three days, but they don't get to claim the periphery of their space because they want to be more comfortable. If they legit need a 6' bubble to be able to stare up in the sky for the next 15 minutes, they should consider the paid viewing sections.

That sucks that you had to go through that. Just because they were louder doesn't mean they were right.

Comment

I would recommend against insulting anyone who has been holding a spot for 3 hours when they could have slipped in last minute. In the future, keep your eyes out for a key moment in fireworks viewing. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but about 30 minutes before the show, cast members ask everyone who was sitting down waiting for the fireworks to stand and make room. At this key moment, tons of free space opens up (which is the point), and usually most people would be okay with you slipping in as long as you aren't super tall or blocking any small children.

You definitely didn't break any rules, which is why the cast member offered you a seat in the reserved section. Just be glad you aren't a cast member who has to deal with irate guests every single night during the summers.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateSurvivor View Post
            They were jerks, plain and simple. If it's not a paid premium section, then it's first-come-first-served and you had every right to be there. They can kick rocks if they don't like it. They can wait for three hours or three days, but they don't get to claim the periphery of their space because they want to be more comfortable. If they legit need a 6' bubble to be able to stare up in the sky for the next 15 minutes, they should consider the paid viewing sections.

That sucks that you had to go through that. Just because they were louder doesn't mean they were right.
            The worst is when 1-2 people trying to save spots for 5-10 people. I've seen it happen before, some woman was trying to save parade spots for her family and started arguing with another guy for standing in her saved spots.

What are casts members going to do? They would have no idea who was there first, all they care is that all viewers are behind the rope and not standing in walk ways. The cast member told me the angry mob later apologized to her for wasting her time, since she didn't kick me out and I was already out of their way.

I just started telling the angry dad that he had too much to drink and he needs to calm down. And then started saying I waited 3 hours too.

But with the summer peak season coming, I am sure there will be alot more bickering and fights over viewing spots.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateSurvivor View Post

If it's first come first served, then wouldn't the people who were there first have claim to that space? I definitely don't agree with their reaction, though.
              Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

They are wrong in my opinion. I would have gladly talked to security with them to figure out what park rule I violated. Your actions were not against any rule. If you we blocking a kid out sure you should rethink where you stand but it sounds like you weren't and of course the obvious thing is fireworks are in the sky so you can see them regardless.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                  They are wrong in my opinion. I would have gladly talked to security with them to figure out what park rule I violated. Your actions were not against any rule. If you we blocking a kid out sure you should rethink where you stand but it sounds like you weren't and of course the obvious thing is fireworks are in the sky so you can see them regardless.
                  Well, they just got a normal cast member, not security.

Def was not blocking any kid and I offered to stand behind the person I was in front of. Most the people who were angry I wasn't really blocking, they were just butthurt they waited 3 hours just to see me walk into the same spot 10 minutes before the show.

Comment

Originally posted by JetFalcon View Post
                    So went to Disneyland and went on a bunch of rides before fireworks. Then afterwards I go to the premium viewing area for fireworks by the castle 10 minutes before it starts at 9:30pm. I go under the rope after I found an empty spot I could stand in, and the viewing spot by the castle was packed but still had room for one person. Then the person I stepped in front started getting angry at me saying they waited since 6pm for the 9:30pm showing. Then some other angry dad way starts talking to me saying I have to leave, saying he also waited 3 hours and said something like "my kids want to see fireworks". Then a bunch of other people start joining in on the bickering and start ganging up on me to leave. Why do these parents try bringing up their kids into petty fights, having kids does not entitle you to kick others out.

Eventually some lady said she went to get security. And I just ended up walking behind them getting as far away to make it harder for them to find me. And also to try satisfy this angry mob by standing far enough from them that I was not in their way. While I was trying to walk back, some girl tried blocking me but I walked to briskly that I made her spill her soda.

They were still angry and wanted me kicked out just because they didn't like me, probably because they felt insulted for waiting 3 hours just to see some guy come in their section 10 minutes before the show. A cast member did approach me. She just said I can stay in my spot since I was not in the angry mobs way anymore, and she offered to let me sit in reserved section. I still had a pretty good spot by the castle, I just walked to the back, but since fireworks are in the sky it really did not matter if people were in front of me.

I understand their frustration that they waited 3+ hours for the best fireworks viewing spots, but there was still room for me to stand. And I offered to go behind them since they waited longer. They still were not satisfied, they wanted to be kicked out even if I was not in their way. Just because they felt waiting 3 hours gives them the power to not let other people in when there is still room.

I have an annual pass so I'm not worried if a day didn't go as planned. But some of these people expect to have a perfect Disneyland visit and will step on others just to get their way.
                    Two Thread Starts right after the other both talking about "circumventing" some system at Disneyland. This one on getting to the fireworks at the last minute and standing in front of people that have been there for 3 hours, and the other about getting around paying for parking.

Something seems a bit suspect about this story.

Comment

Originally posted by DLMountainFan View Post

Two Thread Starts right after the other both talking about "circumventing" some system at Disneyland. This one on getting to the fireworks at the last minute and standing in front of people that have been there for 3 hours, and the other about getting around paying for parking.

I AGREE.......sound like just part of story......I bit suspect also
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by DLMountainFan View Post

As if that wasn't enough, there's also the thread claiming, "I tried to enter Space Mountain through the exit and take an open seat..."

Comment

Originally posted by emwhysee View Post
                          As if that wasn't enough, there's also the thread claiming, "I tried to enter Space Mountain through the exit and take an open seat..."
                          Exactly. New member makes a total of 9 posts, including starting 3 threads, all within 3 hours. All of them brag about breaking the rules at Disneyland. A third of them get Litterboxed. Sorta obvious that he's trolling the forum.

The more these guys are called out and flagged, the faster they're banned.
                          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                          until Thor told it to me."
                          -
                          Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Working...
                          X