Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ribeye at Blue Bayou?

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post

Heck, even the ambiance isn't a guarantee. Due to the demand, they've packed in so many extra tables that shouldn't be there. If you get stuck with one of the tables in the outer perimeter (right next to the bathrooms, water filling station, main entrance, kitchen, etc.), then it's not even like eating at the BB. You'd get better ambiance at Hungry Bear.
    You're doing it wrong then. You need to offer a nice tip to the receptionist and request a better table. I have posted this before here, I have even explained how you bypass having a reservation for Blue Bayou by offering a very nice gratuity.

The best "green deal" is always about the $$$. Do you really think celebrities and VIPs get bad tables or need reservations? No they don't, they get treated differently. All you need to do is make General Grant "the celebrity" ($50 tip) and you too will be made to feel special.

I have yet to see anyone making minimum wage turn down a $50 tip in exchange for special consideration.

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

You're doing it wrong then. You need to offer a nice tip to the receptionist and request a better table. I have posted this before here, I have even explained how you bypass having a reservation for Blue Bayou by offering a very nice gratuity.

The best "green deal" is always about the $$$. Do you really think celebrities and VIPs get bad tables or need reservations? No they don't, they get treated differently. All you need to do is make General Grant "the celebrity" ($50 tip) and you too will be made to feel special.

I have yet to see anyone making minimum wage turn down a $50 tip in exchange for special consideration.
    Do they have to worry about if accepting gratuity for special treatment might get them in hot water? I expect that Disney has policies about such things, though I don't know if they ever use 'secret shoppers' to check up on cast members.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

Perhaps, but I'm not tipping anyone $50 for a nice table, especially at Disneyland. For what very few restaurants that I frequent would command a tip, I'd request the table ahead of time, or chance the wait when I get there. If not, it's all good, it's more about the food and who I'm with. Blue Bayou I never have an issue with waiting more than 15 minutes for a good table. Plus I think Disney employees have to turn down tips.

Despite the ambiance, Blue Bayou is really not a fancy restaurant. It has an amazing atmosphere, but it's still overpriced (though usually decent) food, with a bunch of glow cubes and sparkling mouse ears and rowdy kids to ruin the ambiance. I still eat there once in a while and I know what I'm getting into, but, like the official Disneyland Hotels, is not worth the faux pomp and circumstance that its prices think it deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Do they have to worry about if accepting gratuity for special treatment might get them in hot water? I expect that Disney has policies about such things, though I don't know if they ever use 'secret shoppers' to check up on cast members.
        Here is how you get around that and not just at Disneyland: introduce yourself to service people and offer to send them their tips via paypal. I do this now regularly. There is a nice young gal who is a cast member and I send her a text and ask for a open slot/reservation when someone cancels and she hooks me up and I just pay her through paypal. I've used this for complimentary tickets too. Disney management never even knows about it.

Comment

Working...
        X