Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland stoops to (another) new low!

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
    There were posters for the Country Bears posted on some construction walls near the Hungry Bear /SW:GE construction ( https://www.micechat.com/119574-disn...unar-new-year/ I couldn't get the pics to load, but I seem to remember they were about the show, not just the bears). Is that better or worse than advertising something that actually exists? At least it's Disney they're advertising. How do y'all feel about the Mission tortilla/bread factory, or the Ghirardelli shop? Those seem much more commercial and out of place than these posters.

I don't have a problem with anything that is well-themed in DLR. The posters look pretty cool to me, not at all out of place, even though they include the subtle, but obviously contemporary, ad text at the bottom.

I'll take those posters over Pixar Pier or those lame instagram-ready selfie spots any day (how are these not commercial? Disney will rake in the bucks as those advertisements -er, I mean selfies- get distributed -for free- and people come to the parks -in part- to take similar pics). The posters are all commercial, sure, but at least they're themed to something other than just the production company that made some unrelated movies. Is it just me?
    In fact, let's get rid of Starbucks, Coca Cola, the paper towel advertising, etc etc. None of this bothers me. I am there to have a good time. Not get in line for the Jungle Cruise and go, "OMG. Disney is advertising in this line!!!! How outrageous. This has to be the work of (fill in any corporate name here). They are ruining the parks!!!!!" "But I will continue to buy my Signature Plus pass so I can have my life ruined by these horrible things Disney is doing!!!!!! Walt must be rolling over in his grave!!!!!!!"
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???
Working...
X