Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney should extend all annual passes to Dec 31 2020

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
    ...I am wondering with the big shift away from entertainment and possibly fear of further spread, and economic hardship how much of the public will believe Disney parks are worth todays prices.
    Yep. Given the current massive unemployment numbers and the uncertainty of how long it will take for our consumer-driven economy to recover (I'm seeing estimates from two to five years), I don't see how Disney's profit-driven business model for their domestic resorts will be able to resume any time soon.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
    I think Disney themeparks will have to offer a guided approach via an app. You select the rides you want and the app will select the ride times and guide you through the park. Except walkways around the park to become ‘one way traffic only’ and enclosed buildings and stores to have limits on how many can go inside and reductions in merchandises to limit people touching stuff.
    That makes sense for health safety. The question remains, though, of how such a plan would enable Disney to even pay the electric bill and the cost of minimal staffing, much less turn a profit.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by MychaelP View Post
      Withe the Pandemic Emergency, Disney should cancel all Annual Passes. Refund them. Yes this won't be a popular opinion here, but how will Disneyland look over the next year or more? Face Masks, Six Feet Apart, No gatherings of large numbers. They will need to manage the crowds more than ever thought of at the park before. They can do single day tickets with a lottery system similar to what they did with ROTR opening, but for the entire park. Then they can manage the cars coming in, how many people are waiting in line for a tram, entering the park, etc. The Virus will spread there no matter what they do, but to minimize it they need extreme measures, or there will be another shut down.
      How fun will it be wearing a face mask in August there? Posing for photos? Eating? How is eating done without touching a face mask? Drinking... ugh... it seems impossible to do this without allowing a million passholders in. On various facebook groups people are already grouping together and getting tents ready to camp out for the reopening day. they all seem to want to be there on that same day. All of them. Just takes one person to spread the virus to someone who may have hypertension but doesn't even know it, or to some kid that goes and kisses grandma the next day.
      I think DL will open as normal. You take the risk when you enter. I went into the park up to the second to last day and I still have not gotten sick. Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.

"And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
        I went into the park up to the second to last day and I still have not gotten sick.
        No.

The correct statement is, "I went to the park up to the second to last day, and I still have not shown any symptoms of Covid-19."

You have no way of knowing if you have been infected. It is a fact that approximately 50 percent of people who get infected never know it. Because we have such poor testing, you have no way of knowing if you have ever been infected.

During the times you went to the park up to the second to last day, you could have been infected, asymptomatic, and unknowingly infected hundreds of other people. The same could be said regarding the tens of thousands of other people who were in the parks between the date of the first infection in the US and the date that Disneyland closed.

None of this is about any one person. It's about us, and we need to do everything we can to slow the rate of infection before we reach herd immunity or develop a vaccine.

I'm sorry that you can't see this, but you need to. I say that with the utmost respect.

It's not about you. It's about us.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

No.

The correct statement is, "I went to the park up to the second to last day, and I still have not shown any symptoms of Covid-19."

You have no way of knowing if you have been infected. It is a fact that approximately 50 percent of people who get infected never know it. Because we have such poor testing, you have no way of knowing if you have ever been infected.

During the times you went to the park up to the second to last day, you could have been infected, asymptomatic, and unknowingly infected hundreds of other people. The same could be said regarding the tens of thousands of other people who were in the parks between the date of the first infection in the US and the date that Disneyland closed.

None of this is about any one person. It's about us, and we need to do everything we can to slow the rate of infection before we reach herd immunity or develop a vaccine.

I'm sorry that you can't see this, but you need to. I say that with the utmost respect.

Spot on!

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by photomatt View Post

no.

The correct statement is, "i went to the park up to the second to last day, and i still have not shown any symptoms of covid-19."

you have no way of knowing if you have been infected. It is a fact that approximately 50 percent of people who get infected never know it. Because we have such poor testing, you have no way of knowing if you have ever been infected.

During the times you went to the park up to the second to last day, you could have been infected, asymptomatic, and unknowingly infected hundreds of other people. The same could be said regarding the tens of thousands of other people who were in the parks between the date of the first infection in the us and the date that disneyland closed.

x3
            Last edited by Eagleman; 04-17-2020, 09:50 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

All I will say is wow to the very direct response to my post.

I am not sick from this virus. Due to my job also, I have been in contact with three people now who have tested positive. I have not tested positive and neither have several thousand of my co-workers. Yes I am an essential worker so please no one tell me to stay home.

I have my opinion that this whole China virus thing is not as serious as is being made out to be. How can I be that close to these people and not get "infected?"

I can have my opinion on when the park can and should open. No need to come down on me so hard. I am respectful of everyone's posts here. I request the same.

Interesting figures for CA. We have a population of roughtly 40 million people. Today, roughly 28,000 Californians have gotten this China virus. That is .07% of the population. I feel pretty good I am not getting this because I have a 99.93% chance of not getting it. In fact, the numbers have been on my side.

The world population is about 7.8 billion people. Today estimates are about 2.3 million people have gotten the China virus. That is .03% of the population. Or, 99.97% who haven't gotten it.

See why I am not scared and have no problem with DL opening up soon?

To me, and many others, the numbers just aren't matching to what is being broadcast. The news only focuses on the number of new cases and deaths to scare the heck out of everyone.

Please respect my opinions as I respect yours.

Thank you.
              Last edited by TacAlert; 04-18-2020, 08:51 AM. Reason: Typo
              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

...Interesting figures for CA. We have a population of roughtly 40 million people. Today, roughly 28,000 Californians have gotten this China virus. That is .07% of the population. I feel pretty good I am not getting this because I have a 99.93% chance of not getting it. In fact, the numbers have been on my side.
                The self-serving assumptions of a portion of our population are of little concern to the COVID-19 virus. It continues to give the lie to those who cherry-pick outdated data as justification for their smug certainty.

LA Times: Coronavirus infections could be much more widespread than believed

In the weeks since the novel coronavirus outbreak has squelched daily life in America, researchers have struggled to assess the true spread of the virus. But initial results from a Northern California study on coronavirus antibodies suggest it has circulated much more widely than previously thought, according to a report released Friday....

Though the county had reported roughly 1,000 cases in early April, the Stanford researchers estimate the actual number was between 48,000 and 81,000, or 50 to 85 times greater....

One key takeaway of the Santa Clara County study is that a large number of people who are infected with the coronavirus never show any symptoms, said Karin Michels, chair of the epidemiology department at UCLA’s Fielding School of Public Health.

The fact that such people could unknowingly be contagious means that some level of physical distancing needs to remain in place to protect the elderly and people with underlying conditions who are much more endangered by the disease.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

The self-serving assumptions of a portion of our population are of little concern to the COVID-19 virus. It continues to give the lie to those who cherry-pick outdated data as justification for their smug certainty.

LA Times: Coronavirus infections could be much more widespread than believed

In the weeks since the novel coronavirus outbreak has squelched daily life in America, researchers have struggled to assess the true spread of the virus. But initial results from a Northern California study on coronavirus antibodies suggest it has circulated much more widely than previously thought, according to a report released Friday....

Though the county had reported roughly 1,000 cases in early April, the Stanford researchers estimate the actual number was between 48,000 and 81,000, or 50 to 85 times greater....

One key takeaway of the Santa Clara County study is that a large number of people who are infected with the coronavirus never show any symptoms, said Karin Michels, chair of the epidemiology department at UCLA’s Fielding School of Public Health.

The fact that such people could unknowingly be contagious means that some level of physical distancing needs to remain in place to protect the elderly and people with underlying conditions who are much more endangered by the disease.

Let's look at your post. First you start with an LA Times article that says "infections COULD be much widespread than believed." Key word there is COULD. No facts. It could be less also.

You yourself are self-serving then by having your opinion.

My data is not outdated. 48,000 according to your post is 48 times more, not 50. 81,000 is 81 times more, not 85. Seems like you are lying yourself. See how you skewed the numbers there to make it look worse. That was the point of my post.

In your final line, are you saying we should social distance for life? Because if someone has the virus, and never has symptoms, they won't get tested.

Just asking.

Comment

All I will say is wow to the very direct response to my post.

I am not sick from this virus. Due to my job also, I have been in contact with three people now who have tested positive. I have not tested positive and neither have several thousand of my co-workers. Yes I am an essential worker so please no one tell me to stay home.

I have my opinion that this whole China virus thing is not as serious as is being made out to be. How can I be that close to these people and not get "infected?"

I can have my opinion on when the park can and should open. No need to come down on me so hard. I am respectful of everyone's posts here. I request the same.

Interesting figures for CA. We have a population of roughtly 40 million people. Today, roughly 28,000 Californians have gotten this China virus. That is .07% of the population. I feel pretty good I am not getting this because I have a 99.93% chance of not getting it. In fact, the numbers have been on my side.

The world population is about 7.8 billion people. Today estimates are about 2.3 million people have gotten the China virus. That is .03% of the population. Or, 99.97% who haven't gotten it.

See why I am not scared and have no problem with DL opening up soon?

To me, and many others, the numbers just aren't matching to what is being broadcast. The news only focuses on the number of new cases and deaths to scare the heck out of everyone.

Please respect my opinions as I respect yours.

Thank you.
                    1. This is your one and only warning to stop using the term "China virus". Don't BS me. You are intentionally using that term to generate conflict.

2. Have you been tested? If so, when and where? How many times were you tested? When was the last time you were tested?

Stop saying that you were not infected when you have not been tested. Again, this will be your one and only warning.

For the most part, I am fairly lenient when it comes to posts from people who I disagree with politically. That being said, I have zero tolerance for misinformation and BS from the other side when it causes violence towards certain groups of people, and if it has the potential to get people killed.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

1. This is your one and only warning to stop using the term "China virus". Don't BS me. You are intentionally using that term to generate conflict.

2. Have you been tested? If so, when and where? How many times were you tested? When was the last time you were tested?

Stop saying that you were not infected when you have not been tested. Again, this will be your one and only warning.

For the most part, I am fairly lenient when it comes to posts from people who I disagree with politically. That being said, I have zero tolerance for misinformation and BS from the other side when it causes violence towards certain groups of people, and if it has the potential to get people killed.
                      Let's not exaggerate and get carried away. TacAlert is not causing violence towards anyone by saying "china virus" on Micechat, nor do his/her comments have any potential to get someone killed. With that said, I'm surprised Matt you have allowed yourself and this thread to go way way off topic. Perhaps moving the last number of comments between you, Wiggins, and TacAlert should be moved to the litter box?

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

Let's not exaggerate and get carried away. TacAlert is not causing violence towards anyone by saying "china virus" on Micechat, nor do his/her comments have any potential to get someone killed. With that said, I'm surprised Matt you have allowed yourself and this thread to go way way off topic. Perhaps moving the last number of comments between you, Wiggins, and TacAlert should be moved to the litter box?
                        Thank you hbdad. Sorry I am not politically correct. Perhaps some should look at the names of past viruses and see they are named after countries and landmarks.

Matt, I did send you a private message asking why my post was removed and you never responded. I have obviously touched a nerve of yours, but to move my posts is kind of absurd.

Assuming what my posts mean is dangerous. Did I ever say I wasn't tested. If you reread my post I have said that I haven't tested positive, indicating I have been tested. And why does it matter when and where.

I feel as the one and only moderator on this site, you should step back and not let your personal feelings get the best of you. I have posted nothing argumentative, but have simply added my opinions.

Why re posts where people put "x2" or "x3" OK, but mine wasn't.

Please don't stifle people's opinions.

Your rule on this site:
                        4. Personal attacks on other members are not allowed. A personal attack is a statement, express or implied, that criticizes another member's post or opinion.

Also
                        12. We all have different opinions. Avoid trying to convince others that your opinion is superior. It's a waste of time, and it will never work.

Finally:
                        Violations of these rules will result in the post being sent to the Litter Box. When a post is sent to the Litter Box you will receive a PM explaining what rule was violated.

Again, I have received no PMs for any posts moved to the litter box.

I truly hope you have a good day and can take a step back, try not to get all worked up over this, not worry what a virus is called, and restore my posts.

Thank you.

Comment

There is a portion of our population that consistently underplays the danger of the virus and resists stay-at-home orders. Even though they're in the minority, the refusal of these me-firsters to admit that they can be asymptomatic carriers is playing a sick game of Russian roulette with the rest of the population.

Protesters slam California stay-at-home orders as ‘tyranny.’ But truth is more complex

A group of more than 100 protesters demanded that California ease stay-at-home restrictions that have helped slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The demonstration Friday in Huntington Beach generated national headlines and come amid similar protests elsewhere in the country.

But they don’t necessarily represent the majority view. In fact, several polls have found wide support for the social-distancing rules despite the economic carnage they have caused....

Ninety-five percent of respondents say they supported Los Angeles elected officials’ decision to implement a stay-at-home order for all but essential personnel, a Loyola Marymount University poll released last week found.

Those who identified as politically conservative tended to be more skeptical both of the stay-at-home orders and of the level of threat posed by the virus.

Only 76% of them viewed the virus as a real threat, compared with 91% among liberals. Conservatives also saw themselves as less vulnerable, with 74% saying they worried they would catch the virus, compared with 85% of liberals....

A Quinnipiac University poll released last week also showed wide support for stay-at-home orders on a national level. “While most states have issued their own stay at home orders, 81 percent of voters say they would support a stay at home order on a national level,” the pollsters said.

A Politico/Morning Consult poll found that the vast majority of Americans would prefer to keep stay-at-home rules if the alternative meant more spread of the coronavirus.

The protesters claimed the dangers of the coronavirus and benefits of social distancing are overblown, despite scientific evidence to the contrary....

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                            There is a portion of our population that consistently underplays the danger of the virus and resists stay-at-home orders. Even though they're in the minority, the refusal of these me-firsters to admit that they can be asymptomatic carriers is playing a sick game of Russian roulette with the rest of the population.

Protesters slam California stay-at-home orders as ‘tyranny.’ But truth is more complex

A group of more than 100 protesters demanded that California ease stay-at-home restrictions that have helped slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The demonstration Friday in Huntington Beach generated national headlines and come amid similar protests elsewhere in the country.

But they don’t necessarily represent the majority view. In fact, several polls have found wide support for the social-distancing rules despite the economic carnage they have caused....

Ninety-five percent of respondents say they supported Los Angeles elected officials’ decision to implement a stay-at-home order for all but essential personnel, a Loyola Marymount University poll released last week found.

Those who identified as politically conservative tended to be more skeptical both of the stay-at-home orders and of the level of threat posed by the virus.

Only 76% of them viewed the virus as a real threat, compared with 91% among liberals. Conservatives also saw themselves as less vulnerable, with 74% saying they worried they would catch the virus, compared with 85% of liberals....

A Quinnipiac University poll released last week also showed wide support for stay-at-home orders on a national level. “While most states have issued their own stay at home orders, 81 percent of voters say they would support a stay at home order on a national level,” the pollsters said.

A Politico/Morning Consult poll found that the vast majority of Americans would prefer to keep stay-at-home rules if the alternative meant more spread of the coronavirus.

The protesters claimed the dangers of the coronavirus and benefits of social distancing are overblown, despite scientific evidence to the contrary....
                            What does any of what you posted have to do with whether Disneyland should extend all APs to Dec 31, 2020? Can we get back to the topic please?

Comment

COVID-19 is probably causing more mortality and morbidity than currently reported. Here's one indirect measure that is highly suggestive:

image.png

Seasonal Influenza Infections and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE—Emergency department visits for influenza-like illness were associated with and predictive of cardiovascular disease mortality. Retrospective estimation of influenza-attributable cardiovascular mortality burden combined with accurate and reliable influenza forecasts could predict the timing and burden of seasonal increases in cardiovascular mortality.
                              Why this matters:

Cardiovascular Disease is, in large part, an inflammatory disease. Inflammation causes plaque growth and instability. Fighting a virus causes production of pro-inflammatory factors (Il-6 etc all). This then leads to greater incidence of and mortality from cardiovascular disease. Stress, poor oxygenation, dehydration, elevated platelets are also all contributing factors, which can be caused or exacerbated by a serious viral infection.

I could cite some more research paper backing this up...but I'm not going to unless someone is really interested. This is, after all, a Disney board, not a medical research one. But, I can assure you, COVID-19 is silently killing and disabling many more people that are being counted, because they look like something else. Obesity, Diabetes and High Blood pressure are all risk factors for both Cardiovascular Disease and COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. That's no coincidence. Google any of those plus inflammation and see for yourself what the connection is...
                              Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

What does any of what you posted have to do with whether Disneyland should extend all APs to Dec 31, 2020? Can we get back to the topic please?
                                Unfortunately so many threads are going off topic I really hope we can get these back on track.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X