Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing All Guests

Originally posted by linkeq2001

I just can’t understand Americans extreme distrust of government, journalism
    Is that a serious statement?

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

Is that a serious statement?
    It is for me........

Just about everything that comes from any sort of government, journalist or so called 'expert, I will take as an outright lie until proven otherwise. In my 63 years on this planet, I have seen each of these sources be proven wrong time and time again.

The sad part is, much like the boy that cried wolf, when an actual emergency exists, I will very likely be unprepared because I have learned to not take these sources seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

It is for me........

Just about everything that comes from any sort of government, journalist or so called 'expert, I will take as an outright lie until proven otherwise. In my 63 years on this planet, I have seen each of these sources be proven wrong time and time again.

The sad part is, much like the boy that cried wolf, when an actual emergency exists, I will very likely be unprepared because I have learned to not take these sources seriously.
      I agree with you. I don't trust what the gov't and media says either. That wasn't what I was saying. I was saying how can someone seriously not understand why Americans distrust gov't and media.

Comment

I agree with you. I don't trust what the gov't and media says either. That wasn't what I was saying. I was saying how can someone seriously not understand why Americans distrust gov't and media.
        Because no where else in the western world is there a growing divisive angry and politically opposed nation than in the United States? Britain was less demonstrative over Brexit than Americans are in their everyday lives. The vitriol and anger that is starting to pour out of the country centered on the distrust of MSM and the government and professionals in their fields is astounding, and it's only being exacerbated by social media and the growing number of "influencers" that are somehow bestowed journalistic integrity and trust based on their number of followers. This seems to be exaggerated by people's increasingly growing definition of research as "i googled it and found one or two articles that agree with my point of view and therefore my point of view is valid because I researched it"

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post

Because no where else in the western world is there a growing divisive angry and politically opposed nation than in the United States? Britain was less demonstrative over Brexit than Americans are in their everyday lives. The vitriol and anger that is starting to pour out of the country centered on the distrust of MSM and the government and professionals in their fields is astounding, and it's only being exacerbated by social media and the growing number of "influencers" that are somehow bestowed journalistic integrity and trust based on their number of followers. This seems to be exaggerated by people's increasingly growing definition of research as "i googled it and found one or two articles that agree with my point of view and therefore my point of view is valid because I researched it"
          A brief history shows we've always been angry and politically opposed. See July 4, 1776.

Comment

A brief history shows we've always been angry and politically opposed. See July 4, 1776.
            Fair point

Comment

Which begs the question of why so many people approve of a President who continually demonstrates that he thinks he's a king who is above the law. The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Which begs the question of why so many people approve of a President who continually demonstrates that he thinks he's a king who is above the law. The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.
                You talking about this guy?
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

This can't be said enough. His behavior is closer to that of a dictator than a president.
                  "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post

This can't be said enough. His behavior is closer to that of a dictator than a president.
                    you are kidding, right?

too many people too plugged into propaganda media...

media slammed him when he wanted to stop traffic from infected areas then slammed him for not doing enough
                    enough what? like cuomo screaming for ventilators he didn't need and is now handing out?
                    millions were going to die, now the Santa Clara study shows the number of immune... the rate is nothing like the "models" that have been wrong all along...
                    the french studies on hydroxychloroquine, don't show the same poor results reported in US liberal media... the same people blaming Trump for covid -19
                    not the source, who allowed people from infected areas to travel the world

I'm continually amazed at the TDS...
                    in the information age, do so many not really look at other sources?
                    look at Taiwan... no shut down... just common sense

fake news repeating fake news is still not "news"

remember the NYT, "yes, we know it is a hoax (Russian hoax), but it sells news papers"?

sigh....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X