This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitally Restored Sleeping Beauty To Debut At El Capitan September 18th

DISNEY’S ANIMATED “SLEEPING BEAUTY” REAWAKENS AT HOLLYWOOD’S EL CAPITAN THEATRE WITH EXCLUSIVE DIGITALLY RESTORED WIDE-SCREEN ENGAGEMENT FROM AUGUST 29TH TO SEPTEMBER 18TH; FIRST DISNEY ANIMATED CLASSIC TO DEBUT ON BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF AND 2-DISC DVD SET FOR 10/7 RELEASE

“Sleeping Beauty,” one of the most spectacular, stylish, and unique films in the history of Disney animation, has undergone a total digital restoration of its picture and soundtrack in advance of the October 7th release of its 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition on Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD, and will have an exclusive digital wide-screen engagement at Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatre from August 29th through September 18th.

Guests will experience a brand new state-of-the-art restoration that was created using high resolution digital scans of the original 50-year old Technirama 70 negative (over 7.5 miles long), and hear a new special 7.1 stereo mix made from the original multi-channel stereo music masters recorded in 1958. This special engagement of “Sleeping Beauty” will play from August 29th through September 18th.

Daily showtimes are 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m., 7 p.m., and 9:15 p.m. For added fun, a special character breakfast will take place daily before the 10 a.m. show with an advance ticket purchase required. Tickets are available at the El Capitan Theatre (6838 Hollywood Blvd.), on line at www.elcapitantickets.com, or by calling 1-800-DISNEY6. Special group rates for parties of 20 or more are available by calling 1-818-845-3110.

To help celebrate the film’s new restoration and the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray DVD release, a special opening night gala event will take place on Thursday, August 28th at 7:00 p.m.

Last edited by Dustysage; 08-22-2008, 07:02 PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Digitally Restored Sleeping Beauty To Debut At El Capitan September 18th

ORWEN: I'm so excited about all this--I truly am! I mean, Princess Aurora is my hero! She always has been; from the top most point of her sparkling tiara to the tip toes of her shoes, she's been the one person I've always tried hardest to be like.

ORGOCH: Yeah? Is that why yer always stuffin' yer big fat face with one Krispy Kreme right after the other? Tryin' ta see if'n ya can git yerself worked up inta one a those diabetic coma's? I don't think even a TOAD would try ta kiss a fat face like that!!!

(Sounds of slaps and claps follwed by moans and groans.....)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X