This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/25: Dino Show

Kevin catches up on some Orlando attractions, discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 11/25: Dino Show

When did you go on Polar Express? We'll be at Sea World on December 4th, and I was under the impression that the simulator and subsequent Beluga, Polar Bear and Walrus exhibit will be closed.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Comment

Any more of the FanFic coming, Kevin? Thanks for your columns. We always enjoy them!

Comment

We went to Polar Express last Sunday. The simulator *is* the polar express. And yes, the animal exhibits are all open after the simulator. Only the narwal area is decorated; the rest is business as usual.
        Kevin Yee
        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
        Mouse Trap
        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

I did the simulator portion of Polar Express last year, and if its the same thing this year, its pretty terrible. They don't bother creating any new footage for the ride. It's just scenes they pulled from the film including parts where you can see the train from the outside when you're supposed to be riding it. They made no effort to make you feel like you're in the movie itself, its more like you're in the train watching the Polar Express movie on a screen while it jossels you back and forth. Overall its pretty nauseating and I don't get nauseated on rides very often. Everything outside the simulator looks spectacular though, the theming is awesome. But If I were you I'd skip the ride and just rent the movie. Just shake your head violently while you watch it if you want the same experience.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X