This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/17: Opening Day

Guest columnist Alain Littaye with a collection of Hong Kong Disneyland publicity photos. Talk about them here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 9/17: Opening Day

Woah, I have never seen such fireworks over Disneyland... I'm starting to think Disney favors it's new overseas parks better than us.

Comment

I am very excited over Disney's latest Land in Hong Kong. I think it has marvelous potential and I really think it's come off a great start. I hope the Chinese embrace the Park the way Californians have embraced our Disneyland.

To be honest, at first I was a little apprehensive at having another park 'steal' our Sleeping Beauty Castle. But now I'm supportive of that decision because of how good a job they did with it. It's just like Anaheim's, except with these gorgeous green hills in the background. And just look at their Tomorrowland! That nighttime picture is awesome.

Comment

I agree, 2dieFr, the Tomorrowland night time pic looks great!

Having the beautiful mountains as a backdrop for the entire park really makes this Disney park unique. It looks like a success so far, the people look very happy. The park really has the "California" feel to it, which hasn't ever been copied so far.

Comment

Do they have a fireworks show in particular? (What's the name?)

Comment

I am a big fan of Lea Salonga even before when she became the singing voices of Princess Jasmine and Mulan! I am so glad she was invited to take part in the opening ceremonies in HKDL.:bow:
            Last edited by aralechn; 09-18-2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Awesome pix - thanks for the update.
              But who's the cat-looking character between Baloo and Aurora on the first pic on the second page?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
              Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

Wow, some of these pictures are truly amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nothing beats RDCT but, whats theres called? cause that's very nice looking!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                  ~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X