This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/4: Good-Bye & Welcome Home

Something a little different on the update today: Eisner's Farewell, Mouseketeers at the Park, and a Disneyland Photo Update. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 10/4: Good-Bye & Welcome Home

I didn't realize how lucky I was to have Bobby Burgess as my cotillion instructor until now, he is a legend

Comment

What fantastic report! It really was a magical experience for those involved.
      A truly memorable experience. The pictures as well tell a wonderful story. And Matt Ouimet is a gentleman, he truly is doing his best to turn things around at Disneyland.Thank you Matt!
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

A note on the planter work going on around the hub. I too was worried that it would be a big loss, but it looks like they are going to make the best of a tough situation. The planter immediately outside the Adventureland entrance has already been narrowed down to a sausage shaped sliver. But what they've done is pack it full of jungle foliage (bananna plants, birds of paradise, etc.). I mean, literally brimming over with plants. And despite it's small size, it looks fantastic, a really excellent welcome to Adventureland. So I'm pretty confident that even with the reduced area they have to work with, the landscapers will do a good job keeping the lush feel that area of the park always has.

Comment

For those of you wanting to read more of our experiences at the MMC event, head ovet to the thread here.
          -Monorail Man

Comment

You know, I have to agree with Bacon - they've done a decent job with the walkway widening. Of course, I'd still rather they didn't have to do it, but given that they do, I think this will turn out much like the riverfront/Fantasmic! rehab - I think the new look will be good enough we probably won't miss the old too badly.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

It was great to see the original Mousekteers. Does anyone know why Karen is in a wheelchair?
              Friend of Mickey

Comment

To bad annette was not there. Hey I want to say thanks to cMorrigoon, Crazy Legs, and all of the other Mice chatters who attended the event and represented us. Thank you guys and girls! )

Comment

Nancy: umm.. someone said something about having been in an accident, but I can't confirm that.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Great Update! I was pleased to hear that Crazy Legs got to participate! It had deeply saddened me to think she wouldn't be able to attend. I have to go read the thread and see what happened...

Comment

nice story... oh and no sub photos.. no update is complete with out them... lol

Comment

Does anyone have pics of the before and after of the Haunted Mansion floor? I would love to see the old one side by side the new wooden one
                        Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
                        My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
                        My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                          Nancy: umm.. someone said something about having been in an accident, but I can't confirm that.

Thank you for the info. She was always a favorite. I hope she is feeling better soon.
                          Friend of Mickey

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy
                            It was great to see the original Mousekteers. Does anyone know why Karen is in a wheelchair?
                            She has a spinal cord injury.
                            :crazylegs

Comment

(MiceChatter Disneykat is probably jumping for joy at the prospect of no Sub photos.)
                              :lmao: :lmao: GOOD ONE!! :lmao: :lmao:
                              j/k Kat, you know we love you!!:ghug: :squeeze:
                              Great update, thanks Al.:thumbup:
                              Charlie :wave:
                              MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X