This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/15: Laughing EO Off

EO Update: Iger's cold feet, D23 Expo Aftermath... discuss it all here!

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 9/15: Laughing EO Off

Wow.. MILF coming in? Man, can't wait to hear all the uproar over that 'worthy replacement'
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
      Wow.. MILF coming in? Man, can't wait to hear all the uproar over that 'worthy replacement'
      Indeed. Honey I Shrunk The Audience is almost a better option than Laugh Floor.

Perfect way to destroy Tomorrowland, put more Pixar characters in it!

I'm DISGUSTED! Doesn't Imagineering have the balls to say no to the Pixar boys? I guess the answer is no.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Great review of the Expo. The Parks & Resorts Pavilion was the certainly the highlight for me. I too was surprised by the sheer number of Imagineers and how approachable they were. Great stories from the guys of in the Animatronics area and a seasoned Imagineer at the big Cars model was super knowledgeable and friendly, these guys were very eager to talk about what they do. Even Tony Baxter was hanging out in the Hong Kong area for a while and telling some great stories.

I hope they do the Expo again, this was a good start. A friend of mine who was selling at the Expo said it was an 8 out of 10, I'd have to say I agree.

The only disappointment was the archives. Nice stuff, but the display should be at least double the size or at least cut the numbers of costumes in half.
        To view old Disneyland and Theme park tickets, visit my blog at:

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, I gotta say I'm pretty underwhelmed by MILF coming to DL. There are several attractions in TL that are marginal at best in their adherence to the theme of the future. But this one just can't in any way be spun as something futuristic. It's just a toon attraction, and it doesn't belong in any incarnation of TL!

Comment

Oy Ve! REALLY? Monster's Inc Laugh Floor? I went on this last winter for the first time in Florida and needless to say I forgot my Paxil.

I am not hugely a BIG hater on things put in tomorrowland. I mean, Buzz seems futuristic enough and gives the land a nice younger kidded family ride, but Monster Inc Laugh Floor is not a FIT at all. I said that while in Florida. It doesn't even make sense. To add to it, I LOATHE things where they are out to put you on the spot and in the public eye. BLECK. I kept ducking every time they went to a new person in fear of being the next victim on the screen. The childish/geeky/nerdy antics that people pull make me want to crawl into a shell (if i had one) and never come out. OY VE! BLECK!

NO NO NO to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

BUT YES YES YES YES for D23 Expo again!

Comment

Aw man, what a bummer that they're thinking about installing Laugh Floor. Why do we need multiple attractions with the Pixar characters? Also, why not confine them to DCA? This is really annoying. There's a dark ride right across the way...then there's Buzz and Toy Story Midway Mania. Bugs Land, then Carsland coming up, Really, can't we get something "classic Disney" or better yet, a non-movie tie in...

Man, it's depressing to think MILF is going into Tomorrowland...
              Meow

Comment

I never thought i'd see this in DL. MILF will send Tomorrowland into its death throes.

Comment

Don't be surprised if the plug gets pulled on the event as-is and debuts as a traveling weekend event making stops throughout the US. There are numerous examples of corporate events going the road-show route. It also provides a prime opportunity for Disney-focuses Antiques Roadshow-esque component.

Comment

Laugh floor? Now I hope Captain EO stays. Bad choice, bad choice man.

Comment

First podracers. Now MILF. MILF is such a terrible show. Poorly written. Cheap. It's the Pixar version of Chucky Cheese. Why can't we just have an empty theater until someone thinks of a decent replacement show.

Comment

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor as a replacement for HISTA? What a stupefyingly bad idea. Tomorrowland is doomed.
                        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Thanks for the update -- and as always a great laugh from the alternate photo titles! Love 'em! )

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Grrr... NO MILF! I hope Disney is reading this.

Comment

Monsters? Yeeaah. Precisely why I've never been thrilled with Lasseter's overly large presence in the company. Keep him in charge of the Pixar stuff, where he belongs. Don't let him or the MBAs keep shoving more Pixar-themed crap into the parks division.

What a hideously bad, typically unoriginal idea. I'd prefer they just make DCA into PixarLand and then I could continue to avoid it.

I think Pixar makes awesome films. But that doesn't mean the films make awesome attractions.

Comment

Reading Al's column only confirmed a few thoughts I was having about the expo:

As a D23 member, I am really, really annoyed that we weren't offered any $5 (or higher) discount tickets. We've already paid through the nose to join this thing, gotten very little for our money...the least they could have done when sales were weak was to offer us the chance to buy reduced price tickets.

Comment

I agree totally with the bad judgement in calling the expo D23. I spoke with my friends and we all thought attendees would have to be D23 members.

Laugh Floor isn't all too bad. OK it is bad, but it's main problem is the fact it needs to be family friendly. My kids actually liked it, but they're 5 years old.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No more cartoons, of any form, in Tomorrowland!

Comment

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor in TL?!?!?!?

What the crap, man? How does this help Tomorrowland at all? It's not even the correct theme!! I hope someone at TDA gets the hint on this one... NO!!

If they can't come up with a decent show after EO finishes it's run, I'd rather have an empty theater until they do. That or get the PeopleMover back up and running... that ride can absorb more guests that HISTA ever could.

Comment

Expo Thoughts
                                        First, a few suggestions...
                                        • Change the name from the D23 Expo to DisneyExpo - too many people were thinking only D23 members could go.
                                        • Shorten the event from four days to two, and schedule it every other year. Disney doesn't have that many future projects in the pipeline to show off every single year.
                                        • Alternate between Anaheim and Orlando.
                                        • Give more advance notice so visitors can better plan their trips.

I like the idea of alternating between Anaheim and Orlando. But I still think that the D23 Expo should still be on an annual basis. It would be very ridiculous of Disney to put an end to these Expos just because the first one had low attendance. Expos need a few years in order to truly thrive. And I do agree that the prices were ridiculous. I'm not a D23 member because the membership fees are just insane and the fact that D23 members didn't get much investment from attending the expo is madness. I am willing to join D23 in a year or two if they make the membership worth blowing $75 annually but I just dont see it yet.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X