X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/1: Thanks a Million (APs)

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It's a no brainer they need a garage on the Pumbaa lot, what's the delay, the sooner they build it the sooner they can start using it. And charging for parking.
    Can you say "cheap a$$es"?

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
    Right click on the picture and choose "properties."
    How do you do that on an iPhone?

I'll have to wait untilni get home.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
      Monorail drive by shooting?
      Yup, I just figured that out. I had a "Duh" moment and came back to post it. It just goes to show how good David is that he got such a great shot from a moving monorail!

And while Mickey is rather odd looking, David could have had second thoughts before naming it. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, though.
      Hollywood Gift Collections
      www.startowngifts.com

Comment

I read this:
        Originally posted by Mr Lutz
        The Anaheim leaders are left to clean up the operational mess nearly a million Annual Passholders are causing, while the Orlando leaders count the cash that Anaheim is now padding the bottom line with. It's all causing a bit of tension between the coasts, as the Orlando folks seem incapable of getting it.
        But I'm wondering what cash those executives are counting, when the revenue is not rising nearly as much as the attendance figures are, according to the latest quarterly earnings release. I guess when they do not increase expenses (more cast members, more parking structures, more guest-eating attractions that clear the walkways, etc.) that increased attendance causes, some guests are left with the "single-/multi-day passes are definitely not worth this trouble," while more, other guests are left with the "Well, at least the AP makes it worth it," mentality. "Decline by leaps and bounds" in this case.

Comment

I visited Disneyland this year for Gay Days weekend and through the following week.

The trouble with marketing to locals so heavily is that the park can get really crowded. The combination of Fantasmic! and Haunted Mansion holiday turns the west side of the park into a zoo for much of the evening. You're herded like cattle. Disneyland starts to feel less like a relaxing vacation spot, and more like a hangout for locals. Does that turn off the average tourist?

Annual passes to bring in locals in the off-season is a good thing, but you have to balance the need for that revenue with giving the rest of us good value for our money. Flooding the parks with passholders getting in for "free", because they spend $10 on average (or whatever) on food, is good for the bottom line, but it sometimes feels like Disney has overdone it.

On the Wednesday of that week, Disney seemed ready for off-season crowds. They ran only one side of the Matterhorn, with resulting waits of 70+ minutes all day. Screamin' seemed to have longer waits compared to even the weekend, for the same reason.

Great that the Halloween promotions brought in people, but with so many people having the ability to come whenever they feel like it, can Disney be prepared? It seemed like they weren't. Whether this was an issue of passholders or other factors is unknown by me, for the record.

When the wait for the Matterhorn is 70+ minutes, and you're paying full price, while Disney advertises annual passes for $6 a month, you start to think...is this unfair? Am I getting ripped off? Am I not the target audience? Should I vacation elsewhere?

Maybe most tourists don't think about these things. I like to think I'm more "in the know" than the average visitor.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the crowds, wait times, etc. were all manageable and I had a lovely time as always. However, I do feel I got slightly less bang for my buck than previous visits.
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I've nunmbered your questions, so that answers match up:
            Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
            1. Great that the Halloween promotions brought in people, but with so many people having the ability to come whenever they feel like it, can Disney be prepared? It seemed like they weren't. Whether this was an issue of passholders or other factors is unknown by me, for the record.

2. When the wait for the Matterhorn is 70+ minutes, and you're paying full price, while Disney advertises annual passes for $6 a month, you start to think...is this unfair?
            3. Am I getting ripped off?
            4. Am I not the target audience?
            5. Should I vacation elsewhere?

Maybe most tourists don't think about these things. I like to think I'm more "in the know" than the average visitor.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the crowds, wait times, etc. were all manageable and I had a lovely time as always. However, I do feel I got slightly less bang for my buck than previous visits.
            1. You'd think they'd be prepared by now, with a year's worth of recession attendance data. Yes, the issue is the AP Program, which sells Disneyland too cheaply (at every level of AP offered). Then, Passholders feel somewhat compelled to come see the stuff being promoted. That, and the itching which doesn't stop until the car is parked. I cannot blame them, since they bought a severely underpriced product and they are allowed to come on any unblocked day.
            2. Yes, it is unfair. They are getting their money's worth, and you're not.
            3. Yes, you are.
            4. Not anymore, it seems. Maybe when the recession ends?
            5. There are plenty of great places in the world. Probably places you've never been.

Comment

Originally posted by rstar View Post
              And while Mickey is rather odd looking, David could have had second thoughts before naming it. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, though.
              David didn't name it - that was our buddy Al. Very bad taste.

Comment

Right click on the picture and choose "properties."
                wow, never knew about that. ya, special olympics mickey is probably in bad taste (but at least it's hidden in the properties and wasn't directly in the article..??) but the rest of the captions were hilarious.

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

In Internet Explorer all you have to do is put the mouse over the pic and the caption will come up. Al has some pretty funny ones, but this one was over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                    In Internet Explorer all you have to do is put the mouse over the pic and the caption will come up. Al has some pretty funny ones, but this one was over the line.
                    NOW I understand ! THANKS for the tip....LOL
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

ITs the age old question of , when is PC to PC, Remember when obama compared his bowling to the special olympics. I dont think AL or obama meant any true harm in the humor...

Comment

I don't find it offensive, but that might be because I can't imagine how it's supposed to be funny.
                        It's Mickey with a Santa hat. What's the connection?

Comment

I still think that DLR should Keep the monthly plan and the cheap passes. I just think they should make bigger walkways.

It's very funny cus when I went to the World of Disney, it was VERY crowded. but no one was buying anything. and the people that did buy things bought the cheapest things around.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                            I still think that DLR should Keep the monthly plan and the cheap passes. I just think they should make bigger walkways.

It's very funny cus when I went to the World of Disney, it was VERY crowded. but no one was buying anything. and the people that did buy things bought the cheapest things around.
                            How on Earth would they make bigger walkways?
                            The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post

LOL!

Space mountain has a 2 hour wait but MAN these walkways are spacious!

Comment

How on Earth would they make bigger walkways?
                                With a bulldozer silly
                                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Bulldozing is extreme, but the walkways are over-crowded. I suggest issueing fastpasses for walkway use.

"We can go to Tomorrowland at 2:05, but no sooner".
                                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Bulldoze the guests. New Tomorrowland Themed Restaurant: Soylent Disney!

Comment

1. Sorry to all you great CMs who aren't getting the love or $ you deserve.

2. Raise AP prices a lot or replace APs with cards that allow for five or ??? visits. But this will mean that I won't be able to go to Disneyland all the time! Good. Maybe it will be more special, like Christmas or your birthday.

3. Build another, very different magic kingdom (castle) park in Riverside, Vegas or San Bernadino.

4. Bob, after obeying my commands in #s 2 & 3, reward me with a Dole Whip.

5. Thanks, Al! I'm impatient every week you don't have an update, but I would rather have a few great ones a year than read weaker updates.

Comment

continued

P.S. or build the second SW MK park in San Diego.

Comment

At the very least they need to re-open all the shuttered facilities to increase capacity at Disneyland -- PeopleMover, Rocket Jets, Motor Boat Cruise, Skyway, Country Bears, Tahitian Terrace, etc. could be re-added quickly and relatively economically (as the footprint for these still exists) to give folks more places to go when it's full-up.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X