This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/1: Thanks a Million (APs)

Country Bear Jamboree's footprint was taken over by Winnie the Pooh, merlinjones.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
      ITs the age old question of , when is PC to PC, Remember when obama compared his bowling to the special olympics. I dont think AL or obama meant any true harm in the humor...
      I'm the last person in the world to go PC, but I do think there's harm in comparing anything to a stereotypical retarded person. Obama didn't mean anything by his comment, but he got in big trouble anyway and had to very quickly apologize. I think Al should do the same.

I'm not really on a campaign or anything, but I just think he was out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
        Bulldozing is extreme, but the walkways are over-crowded. I suggest issueing fastpasses for walkway use.

"We can go to Tomorrowland at 2:05, but no sooner".
        HEY, I Love that Ideal!
        About also a Fastpass to bathroom ?
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Thanks for the incredible update Al. I think my new strategy will be to go more on blackout dates. This weekend at the parks was very pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by rstar View Post
            Great job again, Al!

I just want to know one thing, how in the world did David get that picture of the floral Mickey? I know he's good, but it looks like he was 20 feet above the esplanade!
            I'm curious as well. Was this a shot from the monorail? Darkbeer, although we are not worthy, please share!
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
              I'm curious as well. Was this a shot from the monorail? Darkbeer, although we are not worthy, please share!
              YES it was on the monorail ...
              it all in the timeing Darkbeer is very good at that!
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Great update, Al!

It interesting to know that Thanksgiving wasn't crowded at all. I never go during Thanksgiving Day because it is always crowded on that specific day. But that is just because I am a Premium APer.

I do feel that it isn't fair that the CM's aren't getting the rewards they deserve for their hard work. I know it may be stressful for them, and sometimes they do put up with rude guests, but even if the economy is bad, you got to offer something for them.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                  How on Earth would they make bigger walkways?
                  remove everything useless. that basically means all the gift shops. it's not like anyone buys anything.

Or Make the walkways two stories. there, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                    remove everything useless. that basically means all the gift shops. it's not like anyone buys anything.

Or Make the walkways two stories. there, problem solved.
                    Hey, I think you just found a use for the PeopleMover Tracks after all!

And I have to admit that I'm so upset that the suits at Disney continue to treat the CMs the way they do. It may not be that they are treating them any worse than any other employer, it's that they continue to cheepen and degrade the way they have treated them in the past. Disney use to be the prize employer, and they got the cream of the crop when it came to job applicants, and then kept them longer because of it. I just wish someone there would turn it around. Come on! Left over Halloween candy????
                    Hollywood Gift Collections
                    www.startowngifts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post

I'm also extremely unhappy with the DL version of Showboat Jubilee where the mediocre performers sing over the wonderful voices of the cast of Princess and the Frog.

In addition, the Magic Kingdom was worse than it usually is on New Year's Eve this week, so you may want to check those attendance numbers again
                      :blink: Are we talking about the same show? I've seen the WDW version on Youtube and it was really not quite the same as they set the thing up in Liberty Square where it makes little or no sense. And that boat really doesn't measure up to the Mark Twain, now, does it?

Secondly, I don't know who or what you were listening to, but the Tiana in Anaheim can SING. Ditto for Dr. Facilier. The Prince was a bit "meh" but he wasn't bad. And where do you get the "Cast" of princess and the frog? How do you know this? The voices I heard were simply studio singers who were hired for that gig. These are NOT the same arrangements from the movie as these tunes have been "disneyfied" for the jubilee. The Tiana actress in singing live and that girl was ripping it up. Or are you actually trying to suggest that you're listening to Anika Rose during the performance? I can't imagine anyone making that assumption after attending that performance live. If you don't believe me, again...go to youtube and you'll HEAR the different timbre of the voices between the two productions. The singers from WDW are really good, but no better than those from DL. And NONE of them are from the movie with the exception of maybe Louis the Alligator, who is obviously part of the track.

On top of that, what did you imagine was happening in WDW? You think those background singers are singing LIVE? It's the same track...right? :blink: You can listen to both versions on Youtube and you'll hear EXACTLY the same tracks. Identical. The SOLO voices are different, but the background tracks are the same.

Your post really comes across as sour grapes, and I think it's important for anyone reading out there to know that the Disneyland show is pretty darned good. Easily one of my favorite shows to come out of Anaheim in years. I hope they keep it around for the Spring!
                      Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-01-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I've got a solution to Disneyland's overcrowding.......get rid of Fantasmic! and the fireworks. That seems to be the BIG drawing card for local APs. Once WOC starts........Disney should stop wasting its money on Fantasmic! and fireworks. Let EVERYONE enjoy Disneyland at night as it should be.......we might actually all be able to walk around, enjoy our favorite rides and attractions, and actually SPEND MONEY of food, drinks, and merchandise which would make Disneys execs VERY happy........no?

Comment

FYI, the Rivers of America get drained in Early 2010, so no more Fantasmic! or Tiana's showboat Jubilee after January 3rd, 2010.

By the time Fantasmic! returns in June 2010, you MIGHT see Tiana's return, depending on the DVD release date of the film. But neither will be available for the first half of 2010.

Now, could it be a bit of advanced planning by Disney to open World of Color when Fantasmic! is down for Maintenance?????
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            LOL!

Space mountain has a 2 hour wait but MAN these walkways are spacious!
                            so funny :lol:
                            Other places you can find me:

Digg
                            Steam

Comment

Originally posted by mainejeff View Post
                              I've got a solution to Disneyland's overcrowding.......get rid of Fantasmic! and the fireworks. That seems to be the BIG drawing card for local APs. Once WOC starts........Disney should stop wasting its money on Fantasmic! and fireworks. Let EVERYONE enjoy Disneyland at night as it should be.......we might actually all be able to walk around, enjoy our favorite rides and attractions, and actually SPEND MONEY of food, drinks, and merchandise which would make Disneys execs VERY happy........no?
                              I think you on to something!
                              But other is the over kill So.Calif. pass's and the monthy paidment plan,
                              which I would like to see them get rid of.......
                              That been the biggest over kill on Disney part!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

First, remove Fridays from the cheapest So Cal Pass. Second, just increase the cost of all the passes by 20%. If the numbers keep rising, keep increasing the cost 20% every year. Eventually there will be a point that AP's won't keep rising, instead declining.

If you are out of town, just make sure to visit when school is in session, Monday to Thursday.

Comment

Hopefully all of these roadblocks to Captain EO will be enogh to keep it our of DL and WDW.
                                  Good morning, son
                                  In twenty years from now
                                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                  It was pain
                                  Sunny days and rain
                                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully you're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by rstar View Post
                                      Hey, I think you just found a use for the PeopleMover Tracks after all!

And I have to admit that I'm so upset that the suits at Disney continue to treat the CMs the way they do. It may not be that they are treating them any worse than any other employer, it's that they continue to cheepen and degrade the way they have treated them in the past. Disney use to be the prize employer, and they got the cream of the crop when it came to job applicants, and then kept them longer because of it. I just wish someone there would turn it around. Come on! Left over Halloween candy????
                                      I bet you Iger pockets not full of Halloween candy?
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                                        Thanks for the report, Al. But the caption on the Floral Mickey pic (Special Olympics Mickey) was in truly bad taste.
                                        To each their own... I thought it was pretty funny.

Comment

Ya know, the ALT tag of an image is supposed to be used to provide a text ALTernative to those that are using screen readers or text-based browsers. Using it for comedy (or offense, depending on how you viewed it) is relatively bad form.
                                          I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X