• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Lutz
    MiceAge Founder & Editor
    MiceAge Columnist
    • Jan 2005

12/1: Thanks a Million (APs)

AP numbers climb - parking doesn't, EO update, DCA update, More... Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp
  • Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Re: 12/1: Thanks a Million (APs)

Al Thank You for the report........
    the crowds is to mush.....
    I know also because the monthy paidments plans
    ,is why the AP is up....with low Pass
    That why they lost me when comes to March 2010...I have P AP.....!
    I just do not think that Disney nor longer worth it!
    along with I will nor longer be spending money in the parks which
    is more hundren's of dollars.......
    I felt Disneyland went way over the line.....
    I think ther other's that feel the same.....
    To mush is to mush!
    Disneyland is making a name for ther self ,but not good!
    Last edited by Eagleman; 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• danyoung
      Super Old Guy
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for the report, Al. But the caption on the Floral Mickey pic (Special Olympics Mickey) was in truly bad taste.

Comment

• Disneymike
        Planet of Puddingheads
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
        Thanks for the report, Al. But the caption on the Floral Mickey pic (Special Olympics Mickey) was in truly bad taste.
        There was a Floral Mickey pic in the article? When I read the article at 5:00 am pst there was no Floral Mickey pic much less a caption to go along with it....

nevermind, I see it.
        Last edited by Disneymike; 12-01-2009, 05:56 AM. Reason: Need to hold cursor over picture......

Comment

• TheDude
          The Fantasyland guy
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
          I just do not think that Disney nor longer worth it!
          Unlike Al, I think this is a good thing. I never thought we would get near 1 Million AP's... but it's happened. Most of the negative reactions to this many AP's is due to overcrowding in Disneyland itself. Parking will be fixed, I'm not worried about that. But overcrowding can't unless we get a REAL second gate.

So now we get DCA fixed in a way that it should have always been thus allowing my Disneyland to be less crowded! (There is a positive to this.. see!)

PLEASE DCA, open WOC soon so I can walk around DL freely!

Comment

• Harbor1313
            New MiceChatter
            • Oct 2009

As a Disneyland fan who has to travel from out of state it seems like the AP's have become a big problem. I pay almost as much to visit Disneyland for a few days that the AP holders pay for a whole year. But the crowds have made the non-locals visit less enjoyable. Disney needs to do some serious market research and see what price adjustments need to be made. Personally, I think the non-AP entrance fees need to come down some and the price of an AP needs to be raised. As it stands, my family would rather travel to WDW in Florida where the crowds are more manageable.

Comment

• Disneykin Kid
              • Mar 2005

Tom Staggs, he may be a nice guy, but I think I remember that Paul P. was supposedly a nice guy too.. I saw Tom's picture, he even kind of looks like PP, I hope that doesn't bode ill. One question, I thought that Bob Iger wasn't really a big Disney fan either (is this true?), but at least he tries to care, and knows what moves are smart. Letting Lasseter have influence, and the return of Oswald are a couple of examples. Hopefully Staggs will follow Iger's playbook.

Comment

• Eagleman
                Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                Unlike Al, I think this is a good thing. I never thought we would get near 1 Million AP's... but it's happened. Most of the negative reactions to this many AP's is due to overcrowding in Disneyland itself. Parking will be fixed, I'm not worried about that. But overcrowding can't unless we get a REAL second gate.

So now we get DCA fixed in a way that it should have always been thus allowing my Disneyland to be less crowded! (There is a positive to this.. see!)

PLEASE DCA, open WOC soon so I can walk around DL freely!
                I do wish ,even HOPE you are right....
                But I still stand ,less for now that Disneyland is just not worth it....
                We been told many times that it would get better...
                But the way Disney people work with 2 fer deals many other ways get people in and JAM... I just do not think so......!
                And do not think Disney even care' s....
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Zerox DeVil
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Jun 2009

I actually disagree.

The walkways were not at a stand still, nor were any of the Cast Members I encountered rude.

*shrug*

And the park was definitely less crowded than all of us expected it to be. For instance, the 10:30 Fantasmic show didn't fill up until about 5 minutes before show time.
                  NOCC
                  the best side is the Westside

Comment

• nish221
                    Minion FOREVER!
                    • Mar 2005

BTW. I have a potential partial solution for the overcrowded parking...

Have special "carpool" parking slots! (3 to a car). Have them be reserved just for cars with 3 or more people in them. Advertise heavily locally.

This is good for both the environment AND DLA.

They could make a little hay in the media as well... and if they're popular enough then even if the carpool spots fill up, you've reduced the car load by some percentage.

Comment

• whamo
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jun 2007

It looks like going to the park when AP holders are blocked out is the new strategy to use. That means a Premium AP pass is the best option for locals, and out-of-towners should plan to hit the park when the 1,000,000 AP's are mostly blocked out. That's incredible, a 1,000,000 Annual passes to a park that can't hold 10% of that number. It looks like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. I'll tell my lawyer friends about it. Disney corporate has got to clean up its act!

Comment

• rstar
                        • Jan 2006

Great job again, Al!

I just want to know one thing, how in the world did David get that picture of the floral Mickey? I know he's good, but it looks like he was 20 feet above the esplanade!
                        Hollywood Gift Collections
                        www.startowngifts.com

Comment

• BassBone
                          is too darn hot.
                          • Mar 2007

I would be happy if they eliminated the two So-Cal APs and the monthly payment option. That more than anything else has led to overcrowding, and I hate to say it a lot of rude guests feeling like they're entitled to something. I know someone who works in Stores who was nearly assaulted by a guest who didn't believe them when they said their So-Cal AP didn't get a merchandise discount.
                          The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

• Imaginationeer
                            MiceChat Partner
                            • Nov 2006

Al's love for the Disneyland Entertainment department befuddles me. I can't believe there is thought that they are superior to WDW when they offer Celebrate a Street Party, the world's shortest parade (Pixar Play Parade), and the disgrace that is Drawn to the Magic.

I'm sorry, but you may want to check out the entertainment line-up in Florida. Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial, Dream Along with Mickey, Celebrate the Season, Spectromagic (with cosmetic upgrades might I add), Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo: The Musical just to name a few.

I'm also extremely unhappy with the DL version of Showboat Jubilee where the mediocre performers sing over the wonderful voices of the cast of Princess and the Frog.

In addition, the Magic Kingdom was worse than it usually is on New Year's Eve this week, so you may want to check those attendance numbers again
                            Webmaster of WDW News Today
                            Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                            Visit us at

Comment

• BassBone
                              is too darn hot.
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
                              Al's love for the Disneyland Entertainment department befuddles me. I can't believe there is thought that they are superior to WDW when they offer Celebrate a Street Party, the world's shortest parade (Pixar Play Parade), and the disgrace that is Drawn to the Magic.

I'm sorry, but you may want to check out the entertainment line-up in Florida. Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial, Dream Along with Mickey, Celebrate the Season, Spectromagic (with cosmetic upgrades might I add), Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo: The Musical just to name a few.

I'm also extremely unhappy with the DL version of Showboat Jubilee where the mediocre performers sing over the wonderful voices of the cast of Princess and the Frog.

In addition, the Magic Kingdom was worse than it usually is on New Year's Eve this week, so you may want to check those attendance numbers again
                              The DL Showboat show is muh better *because* it uses live performers. As for Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial I saw that twice at the MK in January and neither Jack Sparrow acted or sounded anything like Jack Sparrow. Spectromagic is a poorly conceived and poorly executed parade, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid left me scratching my head when it was over it was so bad.

Comment

• Eagleman
                                Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                                I would be happy if they eliminated the two So-Cal APs and the monthly payment option. That more than anything else has led to overcrowding, and I hate to say it a lot of rude guests feeling like they're entitled to something. I know someone who works in Stores who was nearly assaulted by a guest who didn't believe them when they said their So-Cal AP didn't get a merchandise discount.
                                I AGREED with YOU!
                                eliminate the monthly paidment plan also!
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

It's a no brainer they need a garage on the Pumbaa lot, what's the delay, the sooner they build it the sooner they can start using it. And charging for parking.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rstar View Post
                                    Great job again, Al!

I just want to know one thing, how in the world did David get that picture of the floral Mickey? I know he's good, but it looks like he was 20 feet above the esplanade!
                                    Monorail drive by shooting?

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                                      Beach Expert
                                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                                      I don't see this now, and I didn't see this at 5am when I first looked at the article...

Comment

• BassBone
                                        is too darn hot.
                                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                        I don't see this now, and I didn't see this at 5am when I first looked at the article...
                                        Right click on the picture and choose "properties."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X