Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

5/27: Pressing Matters

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/27: Pressing Matters

Sue offers a concise look at press releases you may have missed... discuss them here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 5/27: Pressing Matters

I was at DL on 7/17/05 and found Mr. Linkletter to be quick, spry, and very youthful. I got a chance to shake his hand and tell him thanks for all he had done for the history of Disneyland and for being a prominant figure during my childhood. He told me that he was happy that he lasted long enough to be present at the 50th. I was not only shaking the hand of a absolute legend in his own right but also a living, breathing, link to Walt himself. Walt considered this man to be a true friend, and in kind, any friend of Walt's is automatically a friend of mine. Walt had good taste in the people he chose to surround himself with and Mr. Linkletter proved him right. I often wish that I had been born sooner so as to have been able to meet Walt myself. As it was, Mr. Linkletter is probably the closest I will ever come. I got to shake the hand that Walt shook and for one brief moment, I was shaking the hands of both men. Now, I miss them both.
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 05-27-2010, 12:52 PM. Reason: clarity
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Comment

I was really sad yesterday to hear that Mr. Linkletter had died, but then I remembered that he was 97 years old... he was able to attend both the opening ceremony and 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, that is a gift that not even Walt himself was given. Just like Fess Parker and so many Disney legends, he was able to contribute so much to the world and lived more fully than most people will ever experience.

Although it's never easy to give up such a legendary person, the sad fact is that no entertainer can live forever. Eventually you just have to realize how much they've given us and then let go, while hanging on to their memory and contributions. I couldn't ask anything more of Mr. Linkletter, I'm just sad that I never got a chance to see him at the 50th Anniversary, but he will always be a part of Disneyland history.

Farewell, Art... you will be missed but never forgotten.

Comment

I truly think that the 2010's decade will be the last we ever see anyone who ever worked directly with Walt Disney. Sure, there's Haley Mills or Julie Andrews, but they were kids at the time and really didn't work with Walt so much as they did underneath him. With Ollie Johnston, Art Linkletter, Fess Parker, Roy Disney, and John Hench dying recently, it kind of reminds us just how much of the Walt-Disney connection still remained just a few years ago.

I honestly hate to say it, but we are rapidly approaching a time where 1st-hand links to Walt Disney are relayed only by childhood memories of those working under him. I'm just happy to have been around when so many of Walt's friends and workers were not only still alive and well, but actively contributing to the company. It's sad to see the links slowly ending, but it was an amazing time to be a part of for decades after Walt's death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X